Just hit Diamond on New 3s AMA

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ntee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2012

Would you be willing to friend me and do some normals?

Thibodeaux

10-28-2012

1.) What are the builds you usually run for the champions on this comp, primarily Poppy?
2.) What comps do you usually see, is the tanky dps meta broken?
3.) What are the problems you see with the new map?
4.) How aggressive do you play?

I am a 1513 player on the old 3's map, but me and my team simply cannot get going on this new map, it feels like we're starting all over. Any tips?

She

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2012

what makes amumu and poppy so much more better in the new map?

Captain Kopp

10-28-2012

Bloodlust

1.. Lee Sin builds ninja tabi, king blade, pillager, and the new health item
Poppy- triforce, king blade wota
Amumu- Blackfire torch, aegis, sunfire/abyssal

2. It was majority tanky dps. Brand gave us early game problems in a couple games, but it didn't matter after we hit 6.

3. The speed shrine shouldn't exist. king blade, blackfire torch, and pillager are too strong and cheap. Most mages, supports and carries can't survive against a tanky dps team. Vilemaw is weak enough to be solod by champs like lee sin, but too strong to do before acing a team.

4. With the comp we run we don't play aggressive until lvl 6 and first item. We often intentionally gave up altars and jungles just to be safe.

She

Amumu is better because of blackfire torch and an easy jungle. I actually think poppy has always been good at killing tanky dps and assassinating squishies, but in the new map its easier to protect her in lane.

Ntee

Feel free to add me, but I won't promise any games. I really should study for my tuesday midterms.

Ntee

10-28-2012

Thanks for the add, study for your midterms first - perhaps after you'll be able to play some!

Here's a few questions for you:

1) Does Lee Sin (or anyone else) jungle in your team composition or do you have like 1 solo with the other 2 duo laning, then snagging jungle as you see fit?

2) Do you guys use the summoner spell Smite or do you find it more effective to forego it's use and utilize other summoners instead?

3) Any out of the ordinary masteries/runes for your champions? (or conventional masteries/runes?)

4) Any general strats you guys tried to stick to or any trends you guys noticed in your games?

5) What compositions do you think would give you a hard time or successfully overcome the team comp you played?

6) Lee Sin seems to be very strong on the map and I would imagine most people will begin to ban him going forward. In the case of a Lee Sin ban, what champion(s) do you think could take his place?

Thanks for your time and also for any questions you answer.

Captain Kopp

10-28-2012

1. amumu was dedicated jungle with lee top and poppy bot. Jungling far outweighs a duo lane just from gold and experience alone.

2. We took smite every game. It's really important for the middle jungle control and allows a fast pre altar lvl 2 on one champ.

3. Fairly standard from what i know.

4. Play defensively until lvl 6 and first item, then look for fights we can win. We also sneak vilemaw after lee gets first item.

5. cho, olaf, rumble, riven, darius in that order. Every one of those is problematic with our comp due to true damage cc or heavy damage over time.

6. We're looking into this. Lee should be perma banned. Jax would probably work, but hes banned too. We're looking at xin zhao and wukong.

Elodin

10-28-2012

Is Teemo as OP as people are trying to say? I don't think he is but I'm just wondering.

Have you seen any Riven play? Specifically in the jungle. I think she looks like she'll be really strong here, but I'd like a second opinion. Same goes for Elise.

When do you focus on Vilemaw engagements?

How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?

Are APs viable at all in this meta? I'm specifically thinking Annie (I'm assuming Cass and Ahri would be good, I'm thinking Ryze and Annie like casters.)

Do you need a tank in every team comp?

Captain Kopp

10-28-2012

Teemo is strong but not broken. The mushrooms and blind are annoying but he gets exploded by any ad or ap caster.

I would stick riven right just below god tier. She's very very strong for her damage cc and survivability. However I would probably put her top.

We take vilemaw when it spawns and we feel we can sneak it.

It takes about 1000-1500 standard licks or about 30 minutes of holding it in your mouth

The strength of ap didn't really change with the exception of amumu imo. I still think tanky dps and assassins counter mages really hard, but aoe mages with 2 tanks are terrifying early.

I think you need 2 tanky dps in every comp. Squishies just die way too easily and in 3s you don't have enough peel to effective keep most carries alive.

Axyn

10-28-2012

Alright, how does Lee Sin manage to solo Vilemaw, i've played about 5 games on the new map, and from every single one, Vilemaw's damage is off the charts huge. How does Lee Sin manage to solo him?

Captain Kopp

10-28-2012

ninja tabi, king blade, and 3-4 points in safegaurd allows you to solo vilemaw, but its really close