Aaaarrrgghhh!! This Twisted Treeline.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wingtail

10-27-2012

What is it with peeps and this new Twisted treeline? It's like vetran players throw common sense out the window. Yeah it's a REAL good idea to push to the enemy turret by yourself when all three enemies are MIA. Yeah it's a good idea to run and claim the Altar by yourself in enemy territory.

I just don't understand. I've played a few games in TT now and every one my fellow teammates have seem to have forgotten the basics. It is not a good idea to engage one on one with the two other enemies MIA. It is not a good idea to ignore your mini-map. It is not a good idea to face check bushes. It is not a good idea to wait on an enemy altar for it to unlock and be able to claim it.

Granted I understand there is a bit of a learning curve when it comes to this map (especially considering the lack of Wards) but alas I'm tired of the peeps not paying attention. Anyone else feel the same way or encountering this problem too?

Exqzr

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingtail View Post
What is it with peeps and this new Twisted treeline? It's like vetran players throw common sense out the window. Yeah it's a REAL good idea to push to the enemy turret by yourself when all three enemies are MIA. Yeah it's a good idea to run and claim the Altar by yourself in enemy territory.

I just don't understand. I've played a few games in TT now and every one my fellow teammates have seem to have forgotten the basics. It is not a good idea to engage one on one with the two other enemies MIA. It is not a good idea to ignore your mini-map. It is not a good idea to face check bushes. It is not a good idea to wait on an enemy altar for it to unlock and be able to claim it.

Granted I understand there is a bit of a learning curve when it comes to this map (especially considering the lack of Wards) but alas I'm tired of the peeps not paying attention. Anyone else feel the same way?

I feel you man.

The new map is just a distraction for SR players wanting a coffee break. They have no idea at all what to do.

Haeval

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingtail View Post

Granted I understand there is a bit of a learning curve when it comes to this map (especially considering the lack of Wards) but alas I'm tired of the peeps not paying attention. Anyone else feel the same way or encountering this problem too?
This is because the people who still play the new TT are the ones that wanted it to begin with--meaning the 14-year-olds with daddy's wallet and no ability to use logic or reasoning. These are the money-makers, and the rest of us, who try to improve ourselves in the style of tournament-gaming, suffer for it.

Elodin

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haeval View Post
This is because the people who still play the new TT are the ones that wanted it to begin with--meaning the 14-year-olds with daddy's wallet and no ability to use logic or reasoning. These are the money-makers, and the rest of us, who try to improve ourselves in the style of tournament-gaming, suffer for it.
Utterly sick of this bs logic. You don't know what demographic consists of the "money makers" so stating something as dogmatic as that is complete ****. Your dismissal of everyone who likes the map as 14 year olds is stupid, it implies that you have to be an adult to be good at a video game. Last time I checked it wasn't that complicated and there are just as many idiotic 20 year olds as there are teenagers.

Considering you can't even begin to be described as a "tournament" player yourself doesn't help your misguided sense of self-worth either.

With that rant out of the way:

The map is still new, there are going to be a lot of people who are just doing it for the heck of it, as a novelty and a distraction similarly to how Dominion was when it was first released. After this initial wave is over and the hate dies down about it not being as good as the original TT, then we'll probably see a concentrated effort by the community members devoted to the new TT grow better in their gameplay.