With Ziggs free week here we should reevaluate him

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Man of Chance

10-27-2012

I am personally a fan of ziggs but he can't be played seriously as a champion. His q is strong early game and gives good early poke but thats the only thing thats still strong.
His e and R both don't do nearly enough damage anymore and the cool-downs are way too high (at least with his e) to be helpful more than once in a teamfight. His w isnt that strong but other than changing the ability i can't see it being used that often other than for escapes.

Riot please either turn up the damage for e and r, or turn down the cooldowns for most abilities. Please comment if you agree or have a better idea

Fiveofswords

10-27-2012

his q is only strong poke if it lands and its really easy to dodge. maybe bad players dont dodge it but any decent player would. start with boots vs ziggs i tried an experiment with not going boots vs him and his q landed too often.
really his r and stuff is fine...if anything I feel like they should tune that down a bit, but increase jsut the move speed of his q...then he would probably be reasonable at high level

Man of Chance

10-29-2012

bump for more opinions to make ziggs more viable

Parthian Snot

10-30-2012

Ziggs is the most retarded champ... pls remove. Every time one on my team its gg..

first time Vayne

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drptratr View Post
Ziggs is the most retarded champ... pls remove. Every time one on my team its gg..
Then you've only played with bad Ziggs players. Don't come into these forums to rage.

I main Ziggs, and I seldom lose my lane against anyone. And late game I can carry hard. His ability to disrupt enemy formations and zone during team fights is exceptional, his damage output is good early and decent late game (could use a buff there, honestly), and he has great map presence with his ulti. He's really close to being a true sleeper champ, as a good Ziggs can hold his own in any well-composed team.

I just think he's a little underpowered late game, but not by much. I do agree with the above comments that the cooldowns on both his e and w are too long, and his ulti often leaves people with frustratingly little health. But other than those small complaints, he's great. Pick him up and try him. You'll see what I mean.

You do have to be good with placing his type of skill shots, too. But once you're used to that, he's a beast and a ton of fun. Hooray for my favorite little pyro-psychopath!

first time Vayne

10-30-2012

Bump. Buff the little fur ball. He's so close to viable it's painful. See above post.

GurkenMAN

10-31-2012

Hes OK and recent buff to e made him more versatile (slightly better escape/cc).

His problem is, that good players dodge 95% of his skills in laning.Only possibility to hit is to hit a minion where enemy champ stands near or just have luck. Harass comes mainly from AA if you want to harass.
But thats fine, given the strength he brings to a tf with tons of aoe-dmg and a good zonecontrol. Also his range/cd on q is VERY nice for poking.
I like him as he is. Early manaproblems could be tweaked a little but the pure skillshotset is what makes ziggs fun imo.

Ancient Fraggle

10-31-2012

Yes! Ziggs needs a couple tweaks.

Ziggs is my #2. I agree that he doesn't scale well. Even when the enemy champs aren't wearing MR he barely does damage at 18, while correctly fully geared at that.

I don't agree with boosting the damage of E, if you successfully land that minefield there is so much slow involved that you or your team should be able to pick off that player easily. I do agree with scaling up R more. Q does almost as much damage as R at top level, but like I said, even at 18 with full gear with the enemy team is lacking MR, Ziggs does almost no damage.

It's very frustrating when you land every skill shot during an end game team fight, and feel like you did nothing to help out other than maybe interrupt an enemy's ult with your W.

I am, however, very disappointed with the Pool Party Ziggs skin. It's a cute idea, but it doesn't stick with Zigg's passion for fire-filled explosions.

Eviant

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megzin88 View Post
Ziggs is my #2. I agree that he doesn't scale well. Even when the enemy champs aren't wearing MR he barely does damage at 18, while correctly fully geared at that.
Fully geared, and they have no MR, yet you are barely doing damage? How? Tank Ziggs?

I'm sorry...I haven't been able to play in about a month, so I might of missed some massive nerf, but I don't think that is the case...I've played against Ziggs plenty of times, and he always did a decent to good amount of damage, even with me building MR. No, it's not spectacular, but he's also not Cass.

His damage is fine, except for maybe the ult, but that could just be on the player's part too. Maybe don't use the bomb for the finishing blow, but use it near the start of the team fight to give your team a massive head start. Use it to scare those carries out of the fight while your team wails on the assassin and bruiser who are now separated from their ADC and support. Think of it like MF's Ult. Force the squishies to reposition, and do damage to the rest of their team for free.

You guys talk about using him to Zone, well, his Ult has great Zoning potential as well, and could very well give your team the time to counter initiate, or even launch a surprise initiation.

Ancient Fraggle

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eviant View Post
Fully geared, and they have no MR, yet you are barely doing damage? How? Tank Ziggs?

His damage is fine, except for maybe the ult,

but use it near the start of the team fight to give your team a massive head start. Use it to scare those carries out of the fight
In my first post I did say "correctly fully geared".

I also mentioned his damage was fine except for his ult. His Q should not be doing almost as much damage as his R, while his R does almost no damage to begin with for being classified as an 'ult'.

I use the strat you mentioned. When the fight begins I make sure to hit all 5 enemy players and toss out Q to the adc immediately following (and also used my charged auto attack if it's available). The problem is, this does such little damage it does not scare them off! They stand there and keep doing what they're doing like it my R+Q was a measly little scratch.

Zigg's R starts off so powerful at level 6, then drops in effectiveness the higher level he becomes. Would be nice if this was tweaked.