How do i not suck at this new TT?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThisNameDoesntFi

10-27-2012

no hard CC is probably why ive been failing lately

Fledrel

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegenMod View Post
who did you normally play? how was your team comp?
Our usual team is this
Zyra <--- me
Darius
Ka zix

sometimes we do this
zyra
hecarim
jayce

The main thing is we skype so we can communicate well. Plus we have played together for years. We have beaten a lot of varied teams, mostly just due to teamwork.

Absoulution

10-28-2012

Ignore the people stating to wait cause the new TT is stupid and all that ****, the fact of the matter is they are the people who can't adapt to new things, this new Twisted Treeline is amazing, the fact there is objectives in the game rather than rush lanes, get a easy dragon any level 11 can solo is a solid idea, it ups the competitive edge and skill cap. That being said here is my few days of playing advice for you:

Communicate with your team on controlling the alters, those are a key point since the addition of Vilemaw no team can really kill him that fast, so the only buff on map is those alters and the gold you get off one is crucial to farming, controlling both is a task in itself but the rewards are amazing so it is worth it, don't jeopardize your cs to grab them though, as long as you hold one you should be fine.

As for champs, Olaf, Darius, any bruiser that can give a good chase down is good on this map, durability, lack of escape routes now since it's so open really makes them shine.

With the addition of 400 extra gold it makes builds a little nicer, you can grab boots and dorans which is great. generally I would get that but this is all from personal experience on my main and this smurf.

Hope any of this helped!

MaximusEvil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegenMod View Post
played a couple of games, lost all of them, not sure what i'm doing wrong but i know im the problem, can anyone give me some general advice for this map?

solid champ picks, who i should probably avoid, general building advice etc, opinions and thoughts are all welcome and usefull.
Play to your strengths, and play people who are general tanky at first.

I myself love the new hybrid teemo.

-AS boots/Caster boots/CDR boots
-Frozen mallet
-Wicked mallet
-Malady
-Lord Van Damm's Pillage
As for the last item you go for max CDR/Last Whisper/Guinsoos/Blade of the Witch King/Wooglet's Witchcap/Blackfire Torch.

I tried it and HOLY**** It was amazing!

Balduron04

10-28-2012

I usually play Kayle on TT. She brings a lot to the table for damage and utility, and has an OK CC kit. Usually I have 2 bruisers with at least 1 hard CC each.

My recent wins:
Zyra/Gangplank/Kayle
Amumu/Hecarim/Kayle
Xin Jhao/Cho'Gath/Kayle

These teams have strong CC, do significant damage, and have at least 2 damage soaks.

I agree that communication is key. Keeping track of your opponents is also key. Since ganks are so strong on the map, its often worth it to follow an opponent out of lane to make sure the are not ganking, and if they are, do something about it.

Suggestions for characters to play:
(Make sure your team-mates are following this kind of principle as well. Good teamwork wins games.)

Bruiser:
Darius, Garen, Sion, Xin Jhao, Amumu, Blitzcrank, Cho Gath, Diana, Gangplank, Hecarim, Jarvan, Jax, Jayce, Leona, Nautilus, Olaf, Pantheon, Poppy, Riven, Skarner, Udyr, Volibear, Rumble

These guys have strong early game presence, decent to good level 1 status. any 2 of these guys on your team who are built to do damage and be tanky at the same time will do very well.

Carry:
AD: Teemo, Kayle, Caitlyn, Corki, Twitch <-ranged AD. Have some form of scouting/CC and "tons of damage"
AP: Teemo, Vladamir, Ziggs, Brand, Ahri <- Ranged AP. Can deal with bruisers or do damage over walls. Sometimes both at once.

Evelynn, Katarina are melee AP nukes. They have SUPERB mobility, and can often initiate and burst enemies down before they know what's going on. With bruisers to get people low, these 2 can finish off opponents quite easily, and they snowball very well, making them excellent choices provided you are intimate with them.

If you have a champion you are amazing at, its ok to pick that champion. Just remember how your champion does against the enemy team and play accordingly. Being good at a champion and knowing all the ins and outs of that champion can be stronger than a straight-counter pick who you know nothing about.

General FYI: Grez's Spectral Lantern, Blade of the Ruined King, Berzerker Greaves, and a Zeal are usually all you need to fight Vilemaw and win as soon as he spawns. A champion with good armor or a sustain mechanic usually doesn't start taking damage until he drops to his lower 1/3 hp and caps the armor debuff stacks. ASPD boosts on champs like Warwick and Xin Zhao make Vilemaw easy peasy.

I usually use kayle with the above items to solo him, but it takes maybe 30 seconds total. I don't mind using her as she has decent escape should an enemy show up, and can fight while tanking vilemaw due to her ultimate. Fighting while there isn't the smartest thing to do though.

Celestian

10-28-2012

Play Teemo combined with Lee Sin and Kha'Zix.

Oh what was that about no wards?

gods shortbus

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyboy View Post
Easy Champ Picks:
Bruisers(Easiest to play);
Garen, Riven, KhaZix, Jax, Darius(most OP) and maybe Lee (can't use wards to jump)
Darius is not idk how many times I gotta tell ppl, Kayle ****S on darius, Its her ****ing job, (and its funny when darius's rage that that kayle is OP since they never land their ulti XD)

But everygame, we have controlled the alters, which i think is key. The fact that there are no wards really really really blows and riot ****ed that one up bad since teemo can ward everything and invis champs like twitch can sneak up. Luckily, i am invincible for 3 seconds with blackfire torch and blade of the ruined king giving me life back and doing percent health with BOTH of them XD

GG

Joe Krake

10-28-2012

[QUOTE=MaximusEvil;30778777

I myself love the new hybrid teemo.
[/QUOTE]

http://i45.tinypic.com/2m4egip.png

Gnarzard

10-28-2012

The only reason people think the new map is broken is because it's been out for oh I don't know...a few days? People expect to get it right away from their first game. You can't tell me the first game of League of Legends you ever played you went 20/0 with LeBlanc (if you did, you got skill). Just relax. Take some time to get used to it.

Champions are the same way. Everyone cries because they're "OP" or "broken". Then before you know it no one even plays that champion anymore. Xerath was considered OP on release now look at him. People find ways to counter it. The new Twisted Treeline isn't like Summoner's Rift so don't treat it like it is. It will have it's own meta just like Summoner's Rift has it's own. It will be different. Personally I like the new map; because of the fact that it's different.

As for not sucking at the map, for the most part bruisers and tanky dps get the job done pretty well, although some carries like Vayne can work pretty well.