And kobe redems himself.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

1 Bar Clutch

10-02-2010

omg... No CLG represented team USA... If you don't believe me go to WCG.com, go to standings/results, then click League of Legends and finally click Single elim section. It shows CLG with an USA Flag next to their name. The gold medal went to USA. So... uhhh... go do some research. CLG was repping NA for Riot... but to WCG they were Team USA.

Psychpants

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zazzerpan View Post
Yes it did. CLG was representing USA.
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=244001

Elementz, HotshotGG and Bigfatjiji are ALL from Canada. More of the players on CLG are from Canada than USA.

I would further direct you to this very legitimate webpage.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/wcg2010

On the right side of the webpage you can see a section for the different teams. Next to each team is a flag or set of flags based on those teams. Note that CLG has both the USA flag and the Canadian flag.

I honestly don't think this should be any issue. The TEAM won LoL, not the USA or NA. Honestly I have started finding any argument that this is a win for the United States or North America silly. The team was good, who cares where they were from. It honestly only seems to be an issue due to the fact that that is how WCG runs. Personally I would think that gaming would be the perfect "sport" to ignore nationalism. I guess that was too optimistic.

Psychpants

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 Bar Clutch View Post
omg... No CLG represented team USA... If you don't believe me go to WCG.com, go to standings/results, then click League of Legends and finally click Single elim section. It shows CLG with an USA Flag next to their name. The gold medal went to USA. So... uhhh... go do some research. CLG was repping NA for Riot... but to WCG they were Team USA.
Have you stopped to consider this may have more to do with an outdated system of representation?

WCG didn't even get it right, as I noted above more players on CLG are Canadian than American.

However, in the end, only CLG can say who they were representing. This argument is silly. You can say that CLG represented USA, you can say they represented NA, or you can say the represented the Moon, but until we have their own statements on the issue, everything we say is hollow and pointless.

Laoking

10-02-2010

Bottom line? Canadian players > US players

Just like on the map. We on top, *****es

Kerbonk

Recruiter

10-02-2010

Dude ya, how come people keep saying 'NO its not team north america its team USA'. Guys... USA is in North america, so if you say they represent north america it means they are representing the USA also. And ya if you really think they shouldnt be called team North america then the next logical choice would be team canada since more of them are from canada than USA,

P.S. great job CLG

1 Bar Clutch

10-02-2010

I'm not saying its team USA to ignore that Canadians are in CLG. I'm saying it because that is how this tournament was set up. USA and Canada have different teams (not for this game but in all other games) so they had to choose a country to get the medal and sense the NA LoL qualifier was held at the USA WCG Qualifier, CLG represented the USA for the medal. USA got the medal. Everyone knows CLG is made up of mostly Canadians but the fact still remains that the medal went to USA for the CLG win. Meaning WCG recognized CLG to be playing for USA. Stop turning this into people trying to take credit away from Canadians, i really couldn't care, i'm just trying to get the facts across.

Plus you should be rooting for the team you like best, whether a team is under the NA(which doesn't exist in WCG sense every country in NA has their own team) or USA banner, it should come down to who is your favorite.

But again my point is to let you know that WCG recognized CLG's gold medal as USA's gold medal.

Even more proof:

http://www.wcg.com/6th/tournament/co...?country=N3N01

That shows all the players/teams they labeled under USA... All of CLG is there. There was no flaw in their system, it is just how this tournament is. If you watched HotshotGG's stream he had talked about how CLG was going to be representing team USA even though three out of five of the members are from Canada.

Here is even more proof they were representing Team USA in WCG:

http://www.wcg.com/6th/tournament/20...ort=G100629100

Big Rubber

10-07-2010

yeah kobe redeemed himself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9YX-ubSZkg

ImmaRobotLOL

10-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychpants View Post
Have you stopped to consider this may have more to do with an outdated system of representation?

WCG didn't even get it right, as I noted above more players on CLG are Canadian than American.

However, in the end, only CLG can say who they were representing. This argument is silly. You can say that CLG represented USA, you can say they represented NA, or you can say the represented the Moon, but until we have their own statements on the issue, everything we say is hollow and pointless.
Its because they play on different servers that the nationalism is played up XD

Ecchiban

10-26-2010

lol udyr was useless