What this community needs to do about new TT..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Weekend Spartan

10-27-2012

Is stop complaining so much and asking for old TT. I'm pretty sure it's not coming back.

I've been lurking through this forum and 90% of the threads have been nothing but complaining.

now. Complaining is good. And your right. But its not helping. Riot put in huge amounts of resources to update 3v3. They are done with the old one. In with this one. Simple.

So what should you do? Tell them what they did well, and what you feel should be changed.

None of this "Ugh twisted dominion so BAD! Give old map back! Stupid riot BUTCHERED my game mode!" ****.

That's stupid and wont make this TT better than it is.

So can we get some constructive feed back so we can please make this a competitive mode that's fun to play?

My only problems with this are wards ams altars

Vision granting items like grez lantern should be cheap consumables at least so we can have something that resembles warding.

And while altars are cool they need to stop invoking so many team fights constantly. The game is too much fighting not enough laming and pushing.

Sabotag

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2012

There is a reason why 90% of the threads are complaining ones.

Rygarie

10-27-2012

There has been constructive feed back, on the new map , but there is nothing wrong with bringing back the old map. Riot makes a pretty large amount of money now so I am sure they can afford a few more server racks for old TT.

Haeval

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jCarhat View Post
Is stop complaining so much and asking for old TT. I'm pretty sure it's not coming back.

I've been lurking through this forum and 90% of the threads have been nothing but complaining.

now. Complaining is good. And your right. But its not helping. Riot put in huge amounts of resources to update 3v3. They are done with the old one. In with this one. Simple.

So what should you do? Tell them what they did well, and what you feel should be changed.

None of this "Ugh twisted dominion so BAD! Give old map back! Stupid riot BUTCHERED my game mode!" ****.

So can we get some constructive feed back so we can please make this a competitive mode that's fun to play?

Vision granting items like grez lantern should be cheap consumables at least so we can have something that resembles warding.

And while altars are cool they need to stop invoking so many team fights constantly. The game is too much fighting not enough laming and pushing.
The 90% is for a reason. It doesn't matter if they "balance" out this new map. It isn't the same feel as the old one. There were a LOT of players that liked and played the old one. ONLY. That was also for a reason.

Here, anyone who feels this way should check out this thread:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2732139

rajo101

10-27-2012

I think they could remove a number of bushes. Ganking is way too easy, and makes up for a majority of the gameplay. In summoner's rift, a team needs to decide whether a gank is worth waiting out or if they should go back too lane. Problem is, in the current TT, sooner or later, there is no choice, they have to get in gank range of many bushes. That alone should make it simpler. It isn't that we don't suspect the gank, it is that many abilities don't work unless you have vision of the target. You know where they are, and that you need to cross, but because you don't have vision, many champs can't do anything about it.

Haeval

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygarie View Post
There has been constructive feed back, on the new map , but there is nothing wrong with bringing back the old map. Riot makes a pretty large amount of money now so I am sure they can afford a few more server racks for old TT.
not to mention a couple more competent staff members to work on ironing out a few bugs with the old map...

UglyPete

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jCarhat View Post

If people who played the old TT exclusively don't like the new TT they aren't going to play it. Riot alienated a portion of their playerbase by completely replacing a map that a lot of people did enjoy when people were only asking for minor changes.

Desocupado

10-27-2012

The cost for having the old map is near zero (it's already developed) why can't we have it back?

Ashen Paige

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desocupado View Post
The cost for having the old map is near zero (it's already developed) why can't we have it back?
many reasons.

A) it would segment the current players and basically not change the bigger problem....

B).. not enough people played when the original TT was made, theres a reason they didnt have a draft mode or is ever shown on stream vs SR.

C) playing the new TT is MORE FUN for a lot of the newer players playing and is much easier to get into and understand than the old TT was. say what you will but it had a similar learning curve to SR where if you played one over the other you definitely had some rethinking to do about how you played.

D) the old TT didnt have enough players to support it before, why would you want Riot to bring back the old map if it didnt work before? all that would happen is it would lead to stagnation of team comps and the mode would basically die off within the next season. this is Riot saying "we want TT to live, but there needs to be changes to set it apart from the other modes." which brings me to my last point...

E) OLD TT IS TOO SIMILAR TO SR. for much of the veterans thats what they liked, a smaller, "faster" SR. i say that in air quotes because the game could go on as long as OG SR but whatever. the problem is that the old TT was too similar to it and so the problem comes when one overtakes the other, guess what over took TT? SR. with the new TT, the altars, the way the jungle works and the more dynamic team fights makes it different it enough that it more comes off as a leaner, meaner game type. this is much more different than the plodding SR and the absolutely chaotic CS.

all these things will bring in new players, while yes some will make people leave. its not perfect but the end result is its a better map and a better chance at being popular than the old TT did. yall should be supporting, not hating on it.