Why did Riot basically ignore their 3v3 community?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Juh Tuh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2012

title^

I feel as if they didn't listen to anyone, because this new map is just dominion.

I don't care if some red posted that they are a "high elo dominion player" and they feel like the maps aren't the same.

They're REALLY the same thing, there is no laning, constant fighting, and capturing points... and dominion items.. and not to mention more starting gold..

Very disappointed in Riot tbh.

urmamasllama

10-27-2012

This map is nothing like dominion as a dedicated dominion player I'm getting quite tired of that comparison because they are nothing alike

Mustard Tokyo

10-27-2012

I agree. Riot, WHY did you get rid of it?!?!

Mustard Tokyo

10-27-2012

This new map is such a mess for me. It's not the old TT it used to be at all. Riot said that they wanted bruisers and blinks to not be able to dominate the game map but they most definitely still do!!! Why can't we have both?! I only run this game on a laptop so I can't push it all the way without fps problems and when i turn the new TT map settings to very low it still bothers my fps MUCH more than the old one. If i set EVERYTHING to at least low i should get at least 58 fps and around 40 in big team-fights. I NEVER had this problem in the old 3v3. Why is the all the unnecessary detail on the map still there on very low? GIVE US BOTH PLEASE!!! The original is the sole reason I played LoL as much as i did. I play 5v5s rarely. PLEASEEEEE let us play the original with everything it included. Keep this for people who enjoy it but PLEASE give it back to us. Long time 3v3 fan would absolutely love thissssss. Please Riot!! I absolutely love this game and I don't want to have to drop it because you don't listen to the group of people who want the old 3v3 map back even if we comprise a small amount of the LoL community.

Sindy Sinful

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by urmamasllama View Post
This map is nothing like dominion as a dedicated dominion player I'm getting quite tired of that comparison because they are nothing alike
I believe that what everyone is getting at is that the new TT feels too much like Dominion. Dominion appeals to a fast paced player base, where SR and old TT players enjoy the game phases. (Early - Mid - Late)

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juh Tuh View Post
title^

They're REALLY the same thing, there is no laning, constant fighting, and capturing points... and dominion items.. and not to mention more starting gold..

Very disappointed in Riot tbh.
There is plenty of laning if you aren't derping about for some reason.

Constant fighting only occurs if you make it occur.

You capture an altar that gives you a buff. This is nothing like Dominion where you capture a point to kill the enemy nexus. It's more like SR where you kill red/blue/dragon for a buff.

There is one Dominion item. Let me say that again, THERE IS ONLY ONE DOMINION ITEM. And that would be sweeper.

So you have 350 more gold... that makes it Dominion-esque? give me a break.

Please stop calling it dominion, it jsut makes you look stupid.

Sindy Sinful

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyx87 View Post
There is plenty of laning if you aren't derping about for some reason.

Constant fighting only occurs if you make it occur.

You capture an altar that gives you a buff. This is nothing like Dominion where you capture a point to kill the enemy nexus. It's more like SR where you kill red/blue/dragon for a buff.

There is one Dominion item. Let me say that again, THERE IS ONLY ONE DOMINION ITEM. And that would be sweeper.

So you have 350 more gold... that makes it Dominion-esque? give me a break.

Please stop calling it dominion, it jsut makes you look stupid.
And flaming a post without reading all the follow up posts to the original "just makes you look stupid." Your flame has already been mentioned and addressed. Don't make people have to repeat themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindy Sinful View Post
I believe that what everyone is getting at is that the new TT feels too much like Dominion. Dominion appeals to a fast paced player base, where SR and old TT players enjoy the game phases. (Early - Mid - Late)
Also, Sanguine Blade (from Dominion) is usable in the new TT. (Unless "sweeper" is what they call it. I don't play Dominion personally)