TT, feels more like Dom. than it did like SR

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sindy Sinful

10-27-2012

I've been playing TT ever since I started playing League of Legends. Twisted Treeline had the same aspects as Summoners Rift, minus Baron, another lane, and other things. However, TT was run by bruisers, bursters, cc, and well played carries. It had jungling, laning, ganking, aggressive and defensive play; just as Summoners Rifts, but with teams of 3.

This new TT, on the other hand, has some of the above. However wards are taken away, ganking happens much quicker, and laning is holding on by a thread. A lot of the strategy that came with TT is harder to pull off in the new map. With all the matches I've played so far, laning phase early on is just about dead. Teemo has the only wards for TT. An guess what? Bruisers, bursts, cc and well played carries still dominate the selections.

Riot, you claimed that the new TT was supposed to bring in more team comps than what I've listed. I've played with a variety of team comps...well this is my conclusion...instead of making the team comp include more champions, you've actually reduced them. Supports like Sona and Soraka need to farm when the match has so many diving abilities. Things snowball really quickly.

Second, with the addition of the capture points, TT feels too much like Dominion; this makes the game much more fast paced. While it is fun, for a mini version of Summoners Rift, it does not work. The same feel of Summoners Rift, is what got me hooked in TT. That feeling is gone with the new TT.

Third, Riot, you said you wanted to eliminate the turtling and the pulling of minions into the summoner platform turret. You could have played around with the exits to the summoner platform, or make it so minions could only funnel in from one point, or something else. Remaking the entire map probably wasn't the best way to eliminate those problems, because, while it did what you wanted, it created even more issues.

While the new TT has some points I have not mentioned, both good, and bad; the above is what really came to mind for me.

To make both groups happy, I suggest making it so you can choose between the New TT and the old TT. That way both can be enjoyed. But give the new TT a new name. It's honestly not that twisted, physically, anymore.

Well that was my rant on the matter. What do you all think about the new TT?
Is it good, or bad?
What do you dis/like about it?
Does it feel more like Dominion now?
What champions do you normally see in the new TT?

Exqzr

10-27-2012

Good post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindy Sinful View Post
I've been playing TT ever since I started playing League of Legends. Twisted Treeline had the same aspects as Summoners Rift, minus Baron, another lane, and other things. However, TT was run by bruisers, bursters, cc, and well played carries. It had jungling, laning, ganking, aggressive and defensive play; just as Summoners Rifts, but with teams of 3.

This new TT, on the other hand, has some of the above. However wards are taken away, ganking happens much quicker, and laning is holding on by a thread. A lot of the strategy that came with TT is harder to pull off in the new map. With all the matches I've played so far, laning phase early on is just about dead. Teemo has the only wards for TT. An guess what? Bruisers, bursts, cc and well played carries still dominate the selections.

Riot, you claimed that the new TT was supposed to bring in more team comps than what I've listed. I've played with a variety of team comps...well this is my conclusion...instead of making the team comp include more champions, you've actually reduced them. Supports like Sona and Soraka need to farm when the match has so many diving abilities. Things snowball really quickly.

Second, with the addition of the capture points, TT feels too much like Dominion; this makes the game much more fast paced. While it is fun, for a mini version of Summoners Rift, it does not work. The same feel of Summoners Rift, is what got me hooked in TT. That feeling is gone with the new TT.

Third, Riot, you said you wanted to eliminate the turtling and the pulling of minions into the summoner platform turret. You could have played around with the exits to the summoner platform, or make it so minions could only funnel in from one point, or something else. Remaking the entire map probably wasn't the best way to eliminate those problems, because, while it did what you wanted, it created even more issues.

While the new TT has some points I have not mentioned, both good, and bad; the above is what really came to mind for me.

To make both groups happy, I suggest making it so you can choose between the New TT and the old TT. That way both can be enjoyed. But give the new TT a new name. It's honestly not that twisted, physically, anymore.

Is it good, or bad?

Sindy Sinful

10-29-2012

Bump

Comments, feedback, open for discussion

Leonixxiii

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindy Sinful View Post
Is it good, or bad?
1: The more I get used to it the more I like it.

2: There are some minor things, but to be honest until everyone learns the ins, and outs I can't say for sure as somethings are actually the results of player mistakes (mine included), and not the map.

3: Thats a loaded question. They could of put just a the speed buff in the center, and ppl would still QQ dominzors.

4: Pretty much the same as before, but with the new items I have seen some new options open up.. I personally have had a good run with Lulu as long at my other two can get in there, and man mode it.

Once the S3 changes kick in, and we see the next patch or two, then we can truly see what Riot cares about on this map as far as how it should be played, and what champs/comps are viable.

As for the alters they are not that important that you need to rush into defend them.. Most times it will not stop the capture unless you can garentee a kill... Just know it is waaaaay easier to take back a Alter than defend one, and risking a deth is not worth it... Just plan casue you know where they are, and get ready to take it back in the short 90secs.

FDru

10-29-2012

Quote:
If you want an SR feel, then why don't you just play SR? Honest question.

Quote:
The problem with this suggestion is that both Dominion and TT have a struggling playerbase as it is. This results in lopsided matches, and such long queue times that something really needed to be done about it.

Quote:
Is it good, or bad?
1. I'm indifferent about it, finding it fun but also frustrating at times. It seems very unbalanced champion-wise.
2. I like the jungle setup, I don't like how hard the game snowballs out of control for one team.
3. It doesn't feel like Dominion at all, from the perspective of an obsessive Dominion player.
4. OMG Lee Sin... Lee Sin every game. And Darius. Actually seeing a lot of Mundo too.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2012

Okay so i'm a Dominion player and play it exclusively, sometimes played a game of Sr with friends (although i dislike it) or a Solo TT game because my friends disliked the old TT and thus i never got someone to queue with, excepting with a girl that i met later on an internet cafe but that's another story. SO as a Dominion player i instantly dismmissed it as ignorant knee-jerk reaction and din't even bother to read
, however with free time and the invitation to open discussion i did read it and will answer honestly

Is it good, or bad? imho it's good, previous kitable champions are no longer kitable (sure it makes Olaf Op as hell but well it will balance out) and it opens a lot more strategies, i'd never have dreamed to run Soraka or Warwick on the old TT, Not even Syndra, but with new itemization the guys can be really funny, Vsper's been abusing Syndra's ability to cast while moving with that Sweet ms boost that witchcap gives you, i've facerolled and been facerolled by torch Soraka and the lack of wards make Warwick's E something worth MAxing first, i feel that i can MAx any ability on WW and stay relevant

The New jungle is great, and although smite is not neccessary i stillt ake it to clear and gank fast, i can clear the wraiths before an altar is Unlocked then do Altar fight or cap my altar depending on how the enemy team starts, i no longer feel that i need 3 specific rune pages for 3 specific junglers that were the only junglers able to clear old TT and Solo dragon at low levels to boost.

Dislikes:Some items, Hatchet is overpriced and Pillager is way Underpriced and Op anyways 5 useful stats on 1 slot that costs less than a rabbadons a RoA or a scepter that's just broken, i'm hearing the rumour that Pillager is already being removed on the Pbe but it hink a recipe change would be enough of a nerf, getting rid of one of the 5 stats.
The Hextech sweeper Buff, this thing was a Mandatory item on Aps on Dominion already (the utiility is Op as hell even if you don't want to recognize it) but being that expensive it meant you had a clock race to win fights before the Enemy Ap built it (used to need 3 comps) and it only LAsted 6 seconds, Yet it was enough for your team to never get ganked like Ever, and yous hould take in account that DOminion is significantly faster paced and bigger than the new treeline, 10 seconds on the active is just an overbuff Plus Aps can get it now earlier and start building their things

Thingsi like: The New Pacing, Honestly as a Dominion player is still slow as Hell but not the omg 10 minutes break time of Sr, it's cool when i want to playsomething slower paced than Dominion but not so Slow that i fall asleep
- The graphics: they are beautiful simply beautiful
- The giant A$$ pider fight, i'll be Honest when you are killing BAron even if you are Solo you can just stand there and take his bubbles to the face
The spider doesn't allow for that Luxury, her hinderleg combo deals ridicolous damage even for a tank and if your team isn't dodging it you are pretty much screwed even if you are 16 and stacked with lanterns, it makes for a Fun and Epic fight, plus the special attack i can't describe dat feeling when i baited a fight at spider and the Enem ezreal missed a skillshot and hitted the spider, it was an oh **** moment because spider started the fight with pull i used my ult to dodge the pul and supress Ezreal ( i was Warwick) and the spider isntagibbed him winning us the teamfight, that was tbh the MOST epic moment on my league life
-Tons of actives,: this is something i dislike abou Lol in general it doesn't have a lot of them and i feel naked when i don't have any actives on my itemset but the New tt fixes it, when i mainly played Sr i mained support and i would run around with a Minimum of three actives(and still be able to buy wards), if anything i learnt from MMos is that one extra skill can win you Any fight and an active is exactly that, one extra skill
For the love of god NO, as i already said i exclusively play Dominion and if Dominion was this slow paced then Revive wouldn't be a Mandatory summonner spell on the gamemode, the New treeline is nowhere near a fastpaced map(i still get to farm my lane in between fights in treeline whereas that's jsut basically suicide on Dominion, (we farm as a Luxury not as a requirement), i would say a medium passed map,(Treeline still encourages farming after you ace or get an objective, and it's pretty much still needed because there's no equally fed status here, you outfarm your opponent or thy outfarm you) with summonner's rift being the slower paced map that plus capture points and the Storm buff in Dominion stays relevant, the only time where you should consider getting an Altar is the first fight so that the enemy doesn't have the gold advatage of+4peri creep and you don't however that's highly dependant on what your team is up to, if you want to focus on Ganking instead of farming why would you even care about a +4gold per last hit, plus the Bonus at Low levels is like +1 to +4 AP and +5to+7 AD, you can just ignore the altars and do important stuff wheras in Dominion when you ignore a capture point that's currently being sieged you pretty much condemnded yourself to defeat, plus A cap point is recoverable, some strategies in Dominion are not to defend hopelessly(like it happens with altars because there's no reliable way of interrupting the capture) if you are the only one around a point and dont have any kind of poke then you dont stay, you let them cap the point, let them split, then you regroou with your team and zerg the point
Plus my point of revive, Run revive in the new treeline and you'll be feeding, kills still give a buckload of gold and deathsprees have an awfully low penalizer where you can kill a guy 5 times straight and still get 200+gold on the last kill, if you've died 5 straight times in Dominion you are worth 12 gold, ( it doesn't even allow your Killer to buy a friggen potion!!) that plus the passive gold gain plus kills only giving 100 base gold makes everyone evenly fed in Dominion, treeline stills offers a champion the opportunity to get overfed. Run revive in Dominion and you just won a fight, and if timed right a game winning fight

Olaf man, i'm starting to hate that guy, specially comps that work around him
Honestly everyone is in experimentation fase, but since treelien normal Elo was resetted
i'm seeing a lot of comps based on one character, Like Soraka+Alistar protecting Jayce, than champions in general, it seems like Sr high Elos and TT high elos alike are working their blind pick comps on comps that fit their playstyle or think would work instead of playing whatever they want (got roflstomped by a Wukong+Taric+Rumble gombo then by a Wukong+Rumble+Malphite Combo and ofc, Olaf+Alistar+ Katarina combo
Seen a lot of Katarinas too, but i suspect it's because she's on Free week and Gd is crying Op at her.