In-Game Skin Viewer and/or Champion Preview

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zazulio

10-27-2012

Firstly, I apologize for the doublepost in this thread. I posted it in the incorrect forum the first time, and now I can't find the damn thing anywhere, so I can only assume it's been deleted!

Here is my idea:

I believe that we need more opportunities to preview the content we're buying in the in-game shop. First and foremost, why is there no in-game skin or model viewer? I understand that there's always LolKing's, but it's a bit buggy and slow, and, most importantly, not within the client.

I think it would be stellar to have an in-game method to try out new skins. The first option would be a simple model viewer, like the one at LoLKing, that would allow you to load any champion and any skin and view all its various animations, abilities, and voicework.

The second, which also ties into another area the game is potentially lacking in, is a "Champion Preview" game mode--a singleplayer-only gamemode with no IP reward and all champions and skins unlocked.

I feel like this would be perfect for just getting a general feel for a champion's playstyle and abilities before purchase. You can watch youtube videos and read guides, but without actually playing the characters you're thinking of buying, you won't be able to really get a good feel for the champion. I understand that free-weeks are supposed to be our previews of champions, but it can take several weeks or more before the one you're interested in actually cycles around, and it feels like a lot of wasted time when all you want to do is get a feel for his abilities, last-hit timing, and things of that nature.

It's just an idea, but I guess I don't see any reason why somebody would dislike it! I mean, why wouldn't you want the ability to preview the content you're planning to buy?

albanoid

10-28-2012

Go to Youtube : SkinSpotlights... Have fun -.-'

Zazulio

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by albanoid View Post
Go to Youtube : SkinSpotlights... Have fun -.-'
Stupid response. There should be an in-game feature for this-- it's silly not to have one.
Needing to go to third-party sources just to get basic information about products and services is pretty poor design, from a business standpoint. It's like selling a book without a synopsis, a movie without any trailers, or a house without giving any walkthroughs.

Tengauge12

10-30-2012

This is the problem...

Champions skins are nothing but a personal preference.. Therefore, the view of the skin displayed by the picture is enough to determine whether or not you would like it...

The items in the game CAN be changed from it's standered recommended items using a third-party application found here on the 'League of Legends' forums known as " LoLItemChanger "

When viewing a champion.. It displays the abilities to you physically.. It explains the champion to you, and even more in-depth here on this site of each specific champion.

You cannot expect every single small detail about everything to be gathered or shown on the client.. No one nor does ANY game do that...

The 'Free Champion Week' is designed specifically for you to use those champions to see if you want to buy them... Having them all free to use, to "debate" on buying them, well.. In this case that would be just out right dumb.. If their always free for people to test.. Why buy them?! This is exactly why there is only a selective few which are free each week. IT'S BUSINESS.. You can either wait for the champion to be free, or... You can be impatient and just buy it and THEN test it out, but that's nothing against Riot.. That's all on you...

Thank you.
-Tengauge12

Likal

10-30-2012

I support the idea of an in-game skin viewer. It could be something as simple as changing the Abilities videos to using the currently selected skin.

However, I do agree with the naysayers about your suggested "Champion Preview" mode; that really is what the free weeks are for.

Tengauge12

10-30-2012

Calling me a naysayers?

Anyways, if he altered his Idea to possibly, make it a display such as the pictures but the physical champion where you can rotate it, do his abilities whole he/she just stands there.. etc.. In a little like picture, but real.. Sure...

In a physical """TEST GAME""".. It's not going to happen.

Likal

10-30-2012

We're saying "nay" to the idea, are we not? :P </off-topic>