Love the new TT

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exqzr

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elodin View Post
That's up for debate. Of course people on the forums are going to be in favor of the old TT. The only people who are coming on the TT forum are people who are complaining about it, if anything most people who enjoy the new TT are actually playing it.

That being said, yes, they should add the old one back. If for nothing other than custom games.

That's exactly what I was told when I said a year ago the Tribunal was messed up bad.

Then Riot fixed it and added the honour system.

Change can happen and Riot is a good company. But even good companies mess up.

They messed up by killing Classic TT for what is essentially a beta test with way too many bugs.

Noobtactical

10-27-2012

I like the new map also.

Creete

10-27-2012

Everything feels too cramped and its like the turrets are made of paper
plus spiders are creepy....

PATRICK LE GRAND

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exqzr View Post
It's not about what "we" think.

Polls show about an 80/20 in favour of the old map.

Posts show about the same.

So, the evidence, if that interests you, is overwhelmingly in favour of the CLASSIC TT.

That being said, if you like the new map, I support you and I am ok that you like an ADDish type chaotic game experience.

Do you feel that I should be robed of my more methodical, strategic TT map?

Can we not all have what we like and want?
I used to have 20 minutes+ queue time on OLD tt and now it's about a minute.

So I think on the contrary, there is a lot more players on new one. Of course, those who are happy will have nothing to whine about on forums do they? Kinda explains your polls.

Tahngarthor

10-27-2012

Quote:
Fair enough.

Can you give me any reason why we shouldn't have both maps?
The most obvious reason is it would divide up the queues and potentially cause longer queue times for both maps, unless they implemented soemthing like Warcraft III's thumbs up/down system so they can have multiple maps for each mode without seperate queues. But no MOBA has yet tried to do this... I don't know why. It was an ingenious system.

Redeemed In Fire

10-27-2012

Quote:
Fair enough.

Can you give me any reason why we shouldn't have both maps?
They've stated that they only have support/room in the custom games interface for 4 right now, with an indeterminate but large amount of work that would have to be done in order to change this.

Plus, splitting queues for a map that was incredibly broken and would need work to make usable anyway.

Quote:
Polls show about an 80/20 in favour of the old map.

Posts show about the same.
Riot has said that about 1% of the League population even comes to post on the forums, and this is generally the 1% that is discontented enough to raise a stink.

Tahngarthor

10-27-2012

Quote:
They've stated that they only have support/room in the custom games interface for 4 right now, with an indeterminate but large amount of work that would have to be done in order to change this.
then that's a badly designed interface that needs to be redone. besides, it's a load of ****. There's that big map on the right that you can also click on to select maps, and there's several darkened areas of the map that could be new selectable areas.

About polls- People come to forums to complain. And the people that come to the forums represent a rather small portion of the total population. Any poll on the forums is mostly meaningless.

Exqzr

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahngarthor View Post
then that's a badly designed interface that needs to be redone. besides, it's a load of ****. There's that big map on the right that you can also click on to select maps, and there's several darkened areas of the map that could be new selectable areas.

About polls- People come to forums to complain. And the people that come to the forums represent a rather small portion of the total population. Any poll on the forums is mostly meaningless.

Polling 3000 people of about 30 Million is considered to be accurate to within a few percentage points.

That's 1/10th of 1%.

1% representation could be considered to be accurate to within a few percentage points and this is fair to infer.

Even adjusting for skew biases, it would also be fair to suggest it is accurate to within 10% 9 out of 10 times.

Thus if 80% vote to keep both maps, you can reasonably suggest that at least 70% of the General population would agree with the smaller sample.

As for only having space for 4 maps.... um ....

I don't even know what to say about that.

mastersmash

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2012

Quote:
LoL.

I owned a Statistics Analysis company for 10 years.

Lets not debate about stats. Won't go good for you.
Well then you should know that optional response surveys are bull****. All the people that are voting for these polls are the ones that are pissed off already, that's why they are on the forums to begin with. The fact that you don't understand this very basic statistics principal (like Elodin does), yet claim that you owned a statistics analysis company for 10 years is quite laughable.

Tahngarthor

10-27-2012

Quote:
Polling 3000 people of about 30 Million is considered to be accurate to within a few percentage points.

That's 1/10th of 1%.
Only when the sampled people are reasonably representative of the whole population.

The group of people that don't visit the forums is VERY different from the group of people who don't visit the forums. It's like polling people in Maine on who they want for president and assuming that the numbers they get there accurately represent the people in Texas. the numbers you get in those two locations would be substantially different, given how maine is a small state leaning in one direction and texas is a large state on the opposite end of the spectrum. Or it's like polling black people and assuming white people will give the same response, etc....

Even when something is very well recieved, you don't have people rushing out and signing up for a forum to talk about how much they like something. Happy people don't have as much reason to visit forums as people who are not. The BBS was pretty much invented as a place for people to complain about things, because people like to complain and people who are unhappy have a lot more to say than people who aren't unhappy.