Love the new TT

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Garbles

10-27-2012

My only suggestion is to increase the time it takes to capture altars slightly.

Other than that it feels more energetic, more combat oriented, and the new items help a lot with champion diversity.

Loving it as a primary old TT player.

mastersmash

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2012

Agreed 100%

H8ers gonna hate

Its funny how they think they outnumber us

Exqzr

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
My only suggestion is to increase the time it takes to capture altars slightly.

Other than that it feels more energetic, more combat oriented, and the new items help a lot with champion diversity.

Loving it as a primary old TT player.

Fair enough.

Can you give me any reason why we shouldn't have both maps?

Garbles

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exqzr View Post
Fair enough.

Can you give me any reason why we shouldn't have both maps?
The only primay reason I can think of is that it would split the TT population and make both maps eventually have pretty bad queue times each.

The old map also had a huge problem with the jungle. If they fixed the randomness of the starting jungles and made it more balanced (gold/difficulty), I think it would be nice to have it back.

I did like the usage of wards and getting good at them, but its fun playing a map that doesn't involve that to be honest. It adds another level of perception and observation needed.

Exqzr

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastersmash View Post
Agreed 100%

H8ers gonna hate

Its funny how they think they outnumber us

It's not about what "we" think.

Polls show about an 80/20 in favour of the old map.

Posts show about the same.

So, the evidence, if that interests you, is overwhelmingly in favour of the CLASSIC TT.

That being said, if you like the new map, I support you and I am ok that you like an ADDish type chaotic game experience.

Do you feel that I should be robed of my more methodical, strategic TT map?

Can we not all have what we like and want?

shwarf

10-27-2012

Yeah i used to play the old TT but i love the new one, its really fun. I just feel like some people i see raging about the new one are doing it just to rage.
ie "I liked TT before it was changed" .hipsterjpg

inb4 raged at even though i said "some"

Exqzr

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
The only primay reason I can think of is that it would split the TT population and make both maps eventually have pretty bad queue times each.

The old map also had a huge problem with the jungle. If they fixed the randomness of the starting jungles and made it more balanced (gold/difficulty), I think it would be nice to have it back.

I did like the usage of wards and getting good at them, but its fun playing a map that doesn't involve that to be honest. It adds another level of perception and observation needed.

I don't agree that it will split the TT community. The current situation however, does. Why? I won't play the new 3s map. I don't like it at all. I'll grant that many people will like it. Grant me that many wont.

So for me, I am going to play SR only, even though I like that map significantly less than the Classic 3 v 3 map. I do like it significantly more than the current 3 v 3.

Knowing this and knowing that thousands like me are going to be avoiding the new 3 v 3 map (as much as or more than the Dominion map it feels like) how is this going to help queue times?

I, for one, would rather wait longer (i mean who really cares about a 5 minutes queue when you can multi task or chat with friends while you are waiting?) than to get into a game in 5 seconds that I really don't even want to play.

Variety of maps is always good. Be they 3 v 3, 5 v 5 or whatever. with 11 million people playing everyday they could have 20 or 50 maps with no problem. 5 won't hurt anybody.

mastersmash

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2012

Quote:

So, the evidence, if that interests you, is overwhelmingly in favour of the CLASSIC TT.

That being said, if you like the new map, I support you and I am ok that you like an ADDish type chaotic game experience.

Do you feel that I should be robed of my more methodical, strategic TT map?

Can we not all have what we like and want?

Those polls are optional response surveys, and therefore statistically invalid.

You would know this if you took a statistics course.

Exqzr

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastersmash View Post
Those polls are optional response surveys, and therefore statistically invalid.

You would know this if you took a statistics course.

LoL.

I owned a Statistics Analysis company for 10 years.

Lets not debate about stats. Won't go good for you.

Elodin

10-27-2012

Quote:

That's up for debate. Of course people on the forums are going to be in favor of the old TT. The only people who are coming on the TT forum are people who are complaining about it, if anything most people who enjoy the new TT are actually playing it.

That being said, yes, they should add the old one back. If for nothing other than custom games.