Disappointed in WCG's stream and ability to fix?

yes 337 90.84%
no 10 2.70%
not their fault 24 6.47%
Voters: 371. You may not vote on this poll

[Poll] Are you disappointed in WCG's stream?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ivandir

10-02-2010

FAILURE TO THE MAX.

Don't repeat this again.

ayanaftw

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyme View Post
Just wondering, is the stream just for a loop of the same ads? Will there be a game? I would feel so dumb if I was actually just watching a advertising loop for 10 minutes.
yea i'm getting the same thing

hopefully someone will post a replay later

edit: oh wait its back but its phreak on stage not in game

1Q2W3E4R5T6Z7U8I

10-02-2010

That stream quality sucks..

The Star

10-02-2010

As someone said, it's good that the sound is working since watching these colors and shapes doesn't look that great. Why, WHY was the 3rd place game streamed at own3D.tv and the grand finals are streamed like this?

Exciting game which I would want to see, but the immersion and excitement is all gone thanks to the stream. Also, it doesn't look like I'm the only one having problems.

edit: Why are commentators talking all the time about how USA is beating Europe/Germany, I thought some players at CLG were from Canada.

TreeStumpinator

10-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Star View Post
As someone said, it's good that the sound is working since watching these colors and shapes doesn't look that great. Why, WHY was the 3rd place game streamed at own3D.tv and the grand finals are streamed like this?
WCG couldn't be bothered to actually cover the group stage (or bronze match), so Riot streamed those matches on CLG's own3D.tv stream, which is why they are of higher quality. Unfortunately for the finals, WCG took stream rights and streamed it themselves, which is why the quality was so much worse than before.

Zazzerpan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2010

The group stages, semifinals, and bronze match had infinitely superior casting. The finals were an absolute mess and no one can argue otherwise. They really should have taken a broadcast-oriented approach to LoL considering that their LoL viewership outperformed any other of their streamed events in the WCG NA event. There was far too much attention to the stage presence, which wasn't even captured at all by their stream since it was either fixed on a dull straight view Phreak and the other guy standing in the middle of a stage when it wasn't fixed on the blurry screen displaying the game. They changed the view to members of either team maybe three times in the entire event.

Also the sound was off for 30 minutes in game two. How can you run a operation on this scale and let something so predictable and so basic go unnoticed for so long? Honestly, WCG should be embarrassed at that.

FuYA

10-02-2010

That stream was a joke. Even Phreak was saying he couldnt read the scores because it was too blurry. Whats up with that.

Php

10-03-2010

Really sad that the pre-event was free and on real high quality and then posted for people who missed the show, then comes along a stream where you have no idea which team is which and much less who's who. Couldnt identify characters on minimap most of the 10 minutes I've watched.

Also I did pay, learned there was an awful long delay for high Q, and instanlty asked for a cancellation. Did go again for 10 seconds just to see that high Q is really really low Q in reality. Still got no answer about the cancellation a day later.

Just saying: next year, maybe people at riot could choose to host their own event independantly (like the first matches but with commentary, maybe!

Dimensionist

10-04-2010

epic fail on the streams.

Reborn Tengu

10-04-2010

Yes. where the **** is the finals videos. THAT AREN'T OFF SYNC