Where is the fun, the good old fun ? ( raging with class )

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tabarnakius

10-27-2012

** first sorry for my horrible english **

I play League of Legends for 2 years now, most of my games played ( 1200+ ) are on the 3v3 map ( the real Twisted Treeline ) I dont understand why you needed to delete the good old fun to introduce a new kind of gameplay that is kinda boring for me. It doesn't feel the same at all now. I am the kind of player that want more and more maps and new gameplay. Capture the zone (done) , capture the flag , arena , insert new idea here

Seriously im not really into the 5v5 maps;

(SR) is a great map, lots of fun and its very competitive. You can manage to bring on the field lots of possible strategies. Its the classic mode and I really hope they will never change it. But this is where i mainly encounter negative players and whining kids.

(DOM) I was excited when i first heard of a new map ( magma chambers! lol ) But i guess they abandoned the project and kept us waiting for Dominion. Dont get me wrong here Dominion is a great addition to the game, a new gameplay, a new map & it bring diversities when you want some changes. I rarely play it, the map is too small and its about running around in circle to cap the zone. When i was expecting an Arathi Basin like map, i was really disappointed by the result.

SO...

3v3

Played around 10+ games on the new map, can we really call it Twisted Treeline ?
They said they dont want to split the community for the 3v3 mostly for high ranked players only. Why cant we have the choice to play on the map we want? Honestly i would still be playing the good old, CLASSIC, original Twisted Treeline over the new one.

WHY?

(OLD TT)

(pros)
-Feels like a mini Summoner Rift
-Strategic positioning is important for teamwork and victory
-Enjoyable jungle and buffs ( brown , gray , green , red ) BUFFS
-Warding
-FPS rate
-Wall jumping or flash over wall ( im sorry but i like that )
-Nostalgic about dragon
-Ganking was fun

(cons)
-Turtle game ( dragging minions to the fountain )
-Only red buff given , why no blue ?

I dont have much more bad things to say about the old map, i just like it , love it ...

(NEW TT )

(pros)
-Visually attractive
-New spider boss looks bad@ss
-Hard to reach fountain to drag minions ( But still possible )
-Thick wall ( not a fan but its a good thing )
-New items
-starting with more gold

(cons)
-Feels like a mini dominion ( YES dont deny it )
-FPS RATE ( omg what ive you done )
-Boring jungle
-Altar buff ( i miss the old buffs )
-Starting fight ( rush the enemies altar )
-NO WARD ( you really want Teemo to be the king of this map )
-Boring in the lanes ( always figth in middle )
-Ganking is no fun ( since we always figth in middle )
-Altars ( You have to protect it all game every games, 90 sec and you know the enemies is coming soon enough, no more wondering where the FFF are they )
-Turtle game without dragging minions to fountain ( average game length for me was 35-40 min )
-Spider Boss too easy to reach
-Speed buff in middle ( why the FFF ) yeah guys just fight around it all game its fun ...
-Am i missing something ? post a comment

The new map can be fun, can be cool but its not TWISTED TREELINE. IMO its a new map just like dominion was and you dare to call it classic. I just dont understand why the old TT is not in custom games for us to play with. OK OK the high ranked players are more important for you, but i dont even play ranked games. LET ME PLAY TWISTED TREELINE, i dont care about ranked games, I just want it back ...

I will end this like a gentleman ....

FFF YOU RIOT D=

Boagster

10-27-2012

I really feel that this "new TT = Dominion" opinion stems from people who are playing it wrong. I don't mean yourself, necessarily. But I think there are enough people running around the map like a chicken with their head cut off that normal lane phase doesn't seem to always work. Most of my games have felt nothing like Dominion, with an exception of one, simply because we didn't place undue focus on the altars. Make them an objective like Summoner's Rift dragon - you don't just go and grab dragon any time it's available, you wait 'til it's safe or you feel you can win the resultant teamfight from trying.

Gabe2

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boagster View Post
I really feel that this "new TT = Dominion" opinion stems from people who are playing it wrong. I don't mean yourself, necessarily. But I think there are enough people running around the map like a chicken with their head cut off that normal lane phase doesn't seem to always work. Most of my games have felt nothing like Dominion, with an exception of one, simply because we didn't place undue focus on the altars. Make them an objective like Summoner's Rift dragon - you don't just go and grab dragon any time it's available, you wait 'til it's safe or you feel you can win the resultant teamfight from trying.
Except if you HAVE an alter, and the entire opposing team dissapears, you have to go defend even if you are less than confident in your ability to fully win a fight.

Sabotag

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2012

People need to see what could happen next. Since they did that to TT, they can do ANYTHING to any maps.

Exqzr

10-27-2012

I really appreciate your post

Well written (espeically since eng is not your first language) and exactly how I feel.

What have they done to us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabarnakius View Post
** first sorry for my horrible english **

I play League of Legends for 2 years now, most of my games played ( 1200+ ) are on the 3v3 map ( the real Twisted Treeline ) I dont understand why you needed to delete the good old fun to introduce a new kind of gameplay that is kinda boring for me. It doesn't feel the same at all now. I am the kind of player that want more and more maps and new gameplay. Capture the zone (done) , capture the flag , arena , insert new idea here

Seriously im not really into the 5v5 maps;

(SR) is a great map, lots of fun and its very competitive. You can manage to bring on the field lots of possible strategies. Its the classic mode and I really hope they will never change it. But this is where i mainly encounter negative players and whining kids.

(DOM) I was excited when i first heard of a new map ( magma chambers! lol ) But i guess they abandoned the project and kept us waiting for Dominion. Dont get me wrong here Dominion is a great addition to the game, a new gameplay, a new map & it bring diversities when you want some changes. I rarely play it, the map is too small and its about running around in circle to cap the zone. When i was expecting an Arathi Basin like map, i was really disappointed by the result.

SO...

3v3

Played around 10+ games on the new map, can we really call it Twisted Treeline ?
They said they dont want to split the community for the 3v3 mostly for high ranked players only. Why cant we have the choice to play on the map we want? Honestly i would still be playing the good old, CLASSIC, original Twisted Treeline over the new one.

WHY?

(OLD TT)

(pros)
-Feels like a mini Summoner Rift
-Strategic positioning is important for teamwork and victory
-Enjoyable jungle and buffs ( brown , gray , green , red ) BUFFS
-Warding
-FPS rate
-Wall jumping or flash over wall ( im sorry but i like that )
-Nostalgic about dragon
-Ganking was fun

(cons)
-Turtle game ( dragging minions to the fountain )
-Only red buff given , why no blue ?

I dont have much more bad things to say about the old map, i just like it , love it ...

(NEW TT )

(pros)
-Visually attractive
-New spider boss looks bad@ss
-Hard to reach fountain to drag minions ( But still possible )
-Thick wall ( not a fan but its a good thing )
-New items
-starting with more gold

(cons)
-Feels like a mini dominion ( YES dont deny it )
-FPS RATE ( omg what ive you done )
-Boring jungle
-Altar buff ( i miss the old buffs )
-Starting fight ( rush the enemies altar )
-NO WARD ( you really want Teemo to be the king of this map )
-Boring in the lanes ( always figth in middle )
-Ganking is no fun ( since we always figth in middle )
-Altars ( You have to protect it all game every games, 90 sec and you know the enemies is coming soon enough, no more wondering where the FFF are they )
-Turtle game without dragging minions to fountain ( average game length for me was 35-40 min )
-Spider Boss too easy to reach
-Speed buff in middle ( why the FFF ) yeah guys just fight around it all game its fun ...
-Am i missing something ? post a comment

The new map can be fun, can be cool but its not TWISTED TREELINE. IMO its a new map just like dominion was and you dare to call it classic. I just dont understand why the old TT is not in custom games for us to play with. OK OK the high ranked players are more important for you, but i dont even play ranked games. LET ME PLAY TWISTED TREELINE, i dont care about ranked games, I just want it back ...

I will end this like a gentleman ....

FFF YOU RIOT D=

Tabarnakius

03-04-2013

an other proof that Riot dosent give a sh*t about the players ... im starting to think that DOTA2 is the best option. Riot got a huge EGO now and they dont understand that they are popular because of us players.

Gwyth

03-04-2013

I do agree with the OP, that the new Twisted Treeline is NOT Twisted Treeline. It's an entirely new animal. The similarities end with the same generic make-up that all maps have. (Towers, minions, lanes, a jungle, creeps, etc.)

But the old TT had MUCH more strategy to it. It was a bigger map. It allowed for greater mix of champs to compete rather than relying on the tanky high DPS types. (Insert Vi is broken here).

But seriously, the lack of an upper jungle is probably THE worst thing about this new Twisted Treeline. The upper jungle was where a lot of fights went down and where a lot of games were won and lost. Now it's a slug fest and who can gank who more. I'd even say there's an increased luck factor in being in the wrong place (or right place) at the wrong/right time because the map is so dang small.

I like the new TT, but I think it sucks compared to the old one. It's too small, it's too restricted, and it favors certain types of champions. (Caitlyn, Ashe, and their ilk are almost worthless) (Vi, Jax, Xin, etc. tend to dominate) tanks are especially difficult to deal with (Mundo, Voli, Amumu). Of course, this is generally true of TT in general, even in the old version.

I'm not QQing, I enjoy the new TT, I just think it's got many issues that need to be looked at an resolved. I mean really, it can't be THAT hard to have two different values for champions depending on which map they're playing on. I do program a bit myself and using two different methods to determine base stats/damage etc on a given map doesn't seem that hard. Unless you guys borked the code to be that locked down to begin with.

Anyway, more than anything, I just want you to fix Vi. And Tryn. Just those two and I'd be happy.

faregonz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-05-2013

I agree, NTT is too limited compared to TT
I do like the NTT, but i enjoyed TT waaaaaaay more than i do with the new one, i barely play 3v3 now.
I think that one solution for this problem is making both maps available, but how? i think that changing the new map's name (for lore's sake) to something like Shadow Temple (because of the altars and the "spider god") and making the old twisted treeline be somewhere else in the map, maybe as a training area for champions in the league?
They took out the old TT because of the turtling, but.. they can remake just the base, maybe using the same base that exists in the new TT.
I don't think that erasing one map will be the right choice, i think that having both maps available would be wise.
Sorry for my awful english

TL;DR
-Both maps should be available
-Change the new TT's name to match shadow isles lore
-Change old TT's base so it doesnt get riot's rage for turtling

Boo

03-05-2013

sorry to ruin the circlejerk but the old map was incredibly imbalanced and had tons of glaring issues. riot fixed the map for the better. adapt to the new map instead of the looking at the old one through rose-colored glasses.

Demacry

03-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
sorry to ruin the circlejerk...
I lol'd so hard at this; sitting behind the cash register at a thrift store with my tablet giggling like an idiot for several minutes.

But seriously the old map is broken, dead and gone. Let us bask in the glory the new, and one true Twisted Treeline (Though I'd like the name changed to Shadow Ilse just cause it sounds way cooler than TT)