Give us a smaller version of Summoner's Rift

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PurpleURP

10-27-2012

signed of course. They could have made like 5 changes and old TT would have been competitive, instead they just threw it out. Dumbs Dumbs dumb.

Krshna

10-27-2012

You people are so stubborn. You never listen!!!

They have said that they might not even be able to support a solo ranked queue for 3s. let alone some sad news mini SR that only the vocal minority who didn't like TT2 would be playing.

TT2 is better than TT1. You probably just feel shocked since it was just yanked away. But I played it on the PBE a bunch, and came back and played live 3s in between, and however rosy your memories were of TT, it was WAY WORSE than TT2. The graphics looked ultra ghetto. The map was way too big. The Altars actually provide something better to skirmish over than lizard, because A) lizard aggros on someone helping the fight, (the Altar fights are pure skirmish), and B) you can't smite the altar, it isn't just a poke/smite stand off, you actually have to engage.

What it really sounds like to me is you guys aren't that good, and that's why you weren't playing SR, you liked hiding in your mode that no one played, and now that it has been remade, new items etc. and people are queueing for your mode, and stomping you relentlessly. Which hurts your ego cause a week ago you thought you were good at this mode and that this was YOUR mode. Now it's overrun by SR players with more skills and you want to blame the map for why you suck now.

yukaras

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicfulness View Post
The old TT was a 3v3 SR, that was somewhat unbalanced. I thought they'd remake it so that it wasn't unbalanced anymore, but now the new TT is now 80% dominion.

A gaming company exists to make money. They make money by attracting new customers and pleasing current ones. Giving the players what they want will allow the company to make money. Even if something is new and unique, if it's something we don't like, Riot will not make money.
Now time for a reverse argument. What if they made this for the dominion players? That would mean this is a 3v3 dominion and we all thought it was just a remake.

Haeval

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krshna View Post

They have said that they might not even be able to support a solo ranked queue for 3s. let alone some sad news mini SR that only the vocal minority who didn't like TT2 would be playing.

TT2 is better than TT1. You probably just feel shocked since it was just yanked away. But I played it on the PBE a bunch, and came back and played live 3s in between, and however rosy your memories were of TT, it was WAY WORSE than TT2. The graphics looked ultra ghetto. The map was way too big. The Altars actually provide something better to skirmish over than lizard, because A) lizard aggros on someone helping the fight, (the Altar fights are pure skirmish), and B) you can't smite the altar, it isn't just a poke/smite stand off, you actually have to engage.

What it really sounds like to me is you guys aren't that good, and that's why you weren't playing SR, you liked hiding in your mode that no one played, and now that it has been remade, new items etc. and people are queueing for your mode, and stomping you relentlessly. Which hurts your ego cause a week ago you thought you were good at this mode and that this was YOUR mode. Now it's overrun by SR players with more skills and you want to blame the map for why you suck now.
GET THIS THROUGH YOUR THICK HEAD:

We like laning, just like in Summoner's Rift. We like that kind of feel to our game, but we don't like 5 people on a team, and we don't like a map that takes 5 minutes to run across.

This is why we want a smaller version of SR. It's what the old TT was, even if it had problems. We know exactly what we want, and we aren't just "probably complaining because we're not good." This "vocal minority" has put thousands of votes up against stripping us of our old map. We have put up a lot of petitions and polls to see if we're not the only ones who feel this way, and it's always been (on average) about 70% people who think we were robbed.

SO DON'T FLAME US FOR WHAT WE WANT.

Haeval

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boagster View Post
See, the issue with giving the players what they want is that, sadly, the players don't always know what's best for business. I am not saying giving us more maps or a "SR-Lite" map would necessarily be bad, but they probably have reasons to think it would actually hurt their business to give players what they want, in this case.

Things I can think of off-hand:
  • Splitting up the SR community into more queues could possibly cause issues with matchmaking.
  • They don't want to ruin their reputation with an awfully unbalanced map, so are in the process of trying to figure that out before they even mention it.
  • They feel variety of map objectives will keep League fresher than a bunch of copy-pasta maps that only differ in the number of players on them.

You have to really look beyond the point of view of a player when trying to figure out why a gaming business does what it does.
I've thought about this too, actually. The problem with having split ques and matchmaking already exists. They put out the Proving Grounds, and even now you can look for PG games, and have a problem finding one that's not full and/or already qued before you can get in. Honestly, this is conjecture, but I have a feeling this group of people--the group that has nothing left to do that they enjoy other than troll/dwindle away--is a lot larger than the PG troll crowd.

Who says Riot is going to ruin their reputation, OR that a new map has to be unbalanced? The old TT was a little unbalanced, but these 4 fixes would have changed it:
1. Put a little more distance between the spawning pool and the nexus.
2. Put the last turret on the other side of the nexus, and extend the wall out to compensate.
3. Thicken a few key walls.
4. Make a slightly different bush/neutral minion scheme (but keep the same general layout).

Done.

As to your copy/paste argument,the old TT felt like a smaller SR. It didn't feel copied/pasted to me. It had it's own sub-feel, if you will. It didn't feel cheap, and I do not believe another, 3v3-style SR would feel so.

Exqzr

10-27-2012

Haeval,

I see you are fighting the good fight!

Don't give up. I'm with you and others all day every day.

Let's resurrect the Classic TT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haeval View Post
I've thought about this too, actually. The problem with having split ques and matchmaking already exists. They put out the Proving Grounds, and even now you can look for PG games, and have a problem finding one that's not full and/or already qued before you can get in. Honestly, this is conjecture, but I have a feeling this group of people--the group that has nothing left to do that they enjoy other than troll/dwindle away--is a lot larger than the PG troll crowd.

Who says Riot is going to ruin their reputation, OR that a new map has to be unbalanced? The old TT was a little unbalanced, but these 4 fixes would have changed it:
1. Put a little more distance between the spawning pool and the nexus.
2. Put the last turret on the other side of the nexus, and extend the wall out to compensate.
3. Thicken a few key walls.
4. Make a slightly different bush/neutral minion scheme (but keep the same general layout).

Done.

As to your copy/paste argument,the old TT felt like a smaller SR. It didn't feel copied/pasted to me. It had it's own sub-feel, if you will. It didn't feel cheap, and I do not believe another, 3v3-style SR would feel so.

Actiontime

10-27-2012

agree!!

fiddlesticksssss

10-27-2012

Quote:

I stomp SR players on SR, i would be surprised if they ever beat me on this map "which i am sure they have". However it sounds like you are stubborn, because SR players only played this map every once in a couple years. So After a week or two queue times will be even worse than before making your poorly thought out argument invalid.

Exqzr

10-27-2012

Worst post ever

Quote:

Haeval

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exqzr View Post
Worst post ever
Yeah, just ignore that troll. Also, get people to sign this thing, if you can. >.<

I cry a little every time I remember my love for the old TT... and how it felt like Summoner's Rift, but with a smaller battleground, and smaller teams....*sniff*