Give us a smaller version of Summoner's Rift

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Haeval

10-27-2012

Edit: If you agree with me and want this thread to get attention/make noise, paste this thread link into other discussions. Let's get people aware of it and see if Riot might actually listen.

----

Second Edit: I made a mirror of this petition under the General Discussion forum here:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2735200

Please support this also. I feel that if Riot wants the new map to be the only Twisted Treeline, and seeing as the old Twisted Treeline no longer has a forum in that case, we should maybe make it a general discussion topic.

----

I've seen a few arguments of people who think TT is supposed to be less-focused on laning and more focused on constant fights.

Honestly, I played the old TT because I like smaller team compositions, and I wanted the same Summoner's Rift feel in my game. The old TT was perfect for that, minus a few changes that needed to be made. However, the new TT is nothing like that, and the changes they made wouldn't apply to that kind of gameplay.

SO, I might have to assume that Riot will never give us both maps. If that is the case, I want to petition Riot to give us a 3v3 version of Summoner's Rift, that we can play ranked in, and that counts for elo/ip. Not a custom-only game, but a pvp, smaller version of Summoner's Rift.

If you agree, please sign this/upvote.

Exadin

10-27-2012

Actually I completely agree with you. That's what I've been trying to say but couldnt find the words!?! XD

Squallian

10-27-2012

I agree completely. Thanks for taking what I said in my other thread and doing something with it. +1'd, although the map itself probably wouldn't intrest me as much.

You should just have a 3-lane map, with a small jungle in-between each lane for ganking and for extra farming after a push. Thats my idea, anyways.

Haeval

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squallian View Post
I agree completely. Thanks for taking what I said in my other thread and doing something with it. +1'd, although the map itself probably wouldn't intrest me as much.

You should just have a 3-lane map, with a small jungle in-between each lane for ganking and for extra farming after a push. Thats my idea, anyways.
Honestly, however Riot wants to design the map is fine, as long as the feel/gameplay remains about the same. I just think it would be simpler and a lot less work for them to modify the old TT for this purpose, but that's my opinion...

FDru

10-27-2012

They won't do it. As they've discussed many times, they do not want a "SR lite" map. This is presumably why they remade TT the way that they did. Also why they scrapped Magma Chamber.

Having 2 of the same game mode means one is left to rot and be unbalanced. Because, as you know, they cannot balance for both.

Haeval

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
They won't do it. As they've discussed many times, they do not want a "SR lite" map. This is presumably why they remade TT the way that they did. Also why they scrapped Magma Chamber.

Having 2 of the same game mode means one is left to rot and be unbalanced. Because, as you know, they cannot balance for both.

Since when was League of Legends about what the game makers want? I thought their purpose was to gain more money/support by trying to give the players what THEY want. If we want a smaller version of SR, GIVE IT TO US. No one is forcing us to play a game we don't enjoy. I'm not petitioning this as a, "oh, I hope in a perfect world Riot would maybe have THIS." I made this petition because the new direction of our only possible 3v3 map is almost the opposite of the only thing I really enjoyed in League of Legends. It was the reason I played. If I can't have that, I won't play.

This petition is my last stand/hope before I just give up, uninstall, and look for something else.

TheManStache

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haeval View Post
If I can't have that, I won't play.
Dont let the door hit you on the way out.

Boagster

10-27-2012

See, the issue with giving the players what they want is that, sadly, the players don't always know what's best for business. I am not saying giving us more maps or a "SR-Lite" map would necessarily be bad, but they probably have reasons to think it would actually hurt their business to give players what they want, in this case.

Things I can think of off-hand:

• Splitting up the SR community into more queues could possibly cause issues with matchmaking.
  • They don't want to ruin their reputation with an awfully unbalanced map, so are in the process of trying to figure that out before they even mention it.
  • They feel variety of map objectives will keep League fresher than a bunch of copy-pasta maps that only differ in the number of players on them.

You have to really look beyond the point of view of a player when trying to figure out why a gaming business does what it does.

Gabe2

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haeval View Post
Since when was League of Legends about what the game makers want? I thought their purpose was to gain more money/support by trying to give the players what THEY want. If we want a smaller version of SR, GIVE IT TO US. No one is forcing us to play a game we don't enjoy. I'm not petitioning this as a, "oh, I hope in a perfect world Riot would maybe have THIS." I made this petition because the new direction of our only possible 3v3 map is almost the opposite of the only thing I really enjoyed in League of Legends. It was the reason I played. If I can't have that, I won't play.

This petition is my last stand/hope before I just give up, uninstall, and look for something else.
This is roughly how i feel at the moment. The old 3's map was much more satisfying. I'm really TRYING to learn to like the new 3's map, but i just... don't.
at all.

Magicfulness

10-27-2012

The old TT was a 3v3 SR, that was somewhat unbalanced. I thought they'd remake it so that it wasn't unbalanced anymore, but now the new TT is now 80% dominion.

A gaming company exists to make money. They make money by attracting new customers and pleasing current ones. Giving the players what they want will allow the company to make money. Even if something is new and unique, if it's something we don't like, Riot will not make money.