Do you agree with these points?

Yes, I agree 6 75.00%
No, i dont like to buy wards and main twitch, problem? 2 25.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

A serious TT thread, no qq

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheMagicWithin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2012

Okay, a lot of people have started crying over the new TT, and some have loved the new map, I personally like the new map, I just donít like a couple of features.

I understand that Riot wants to move away from the stay back and farm for 20min phase of the game, because its not as entertaining, but farming is a MAJOR part of this game, and shouldnít be messed with. Here are some issues with the map so far:

- No Wards, this needs to be changed, there is a huge jungle in the middle of both lanes, with a speed-up in the middle, ganks are almost unavoidable, unless ur playing a champ that came out recently, in which case you will have an escape method (dash or jump).

If riot wants to keep it fast, and combat-orientated, no wards was not the way to go. Ive had many ranked games on TT where mid way both teams would be fighting over pink warding mid and dragon. Now it seems like Riot is rewarding those that donít buy wards (80% of the community). And I can personally say that I have lost a couple of games because the enemy team goes missing, and just hides in bushes to gank me. In the old TT, i would say "hmm, well that was my fault, i let myself have no map awareness, and no wards, gotta fix that" now... "well ****.." No one wants to passively sit by their turret and chill waiting for the enemy to pop up somewhere, and with no wards, you can argue a more passive gameplay is forced, the second someone goes missing, wh00ps back to the tower. The second the jungler is gone for too long... Back to the tower. Overall taking wards out of TT was a mistake, if you wanted to keep wards to a minimal, then perhaps limiting the number of wards to 2, or increasing the cost. But not taking them out

- Jungling The new Dragon is awesome, the old dragon could be solo'd by any regular jungler and madreds, now it actually does dmg, and the aoe portion was good. However, jungling in the new TT is far too easy, a rengar with dorans blade and boots can do every jungle camp and not lose health. Thatís an issue, make them harder to kill, the old TT were too hard, where a warwick canít do the camps properly.

- Bushes and Openings there are far too many, for TT not having wards, In fact that bush above each tower is a mistake, ive had a lot of successful kills as any bursty champ (lb, nunu, fiddles, etc). And of course, there is no way to avoid it, because of no wards.

So what are your thoughts fellow LoL TT players, agree with these points?

TheMagicWithin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2012

The 2nd poll option was a joke, dont take it seriously, as i am sure some of you will, and completely disregar the content of the post.

Squallian

10-27-2012

Fighting over pink wards detracts from buying actual items to do pure damage. Warding costs money which detracts from buying real items. Having a ward in general makes the lane more passive and defensive. All of which detracts from the general idea of the new map.

I dont agree as far as jungling, either. They need to be relatively easy so that you aren't ganked mid-jungle. Remember, everyone knows where the enemy jungle is.

As far as the last one, I slightly agree. I think some areas of the map are a bit too open, but I do like how many hidden bushes there are. I think the bushes at middle speed buff should be pushed back a bit to make it more open. though.

TheMagicWithin

10-27-2012

Buying wards and fighting over map control has been in the game since dota. And im so against your first point Squallian, that i facepalmed for a bit. You make me think of all those people in 5's that go solo top, buy no wards, get ganked once or twice, go back to lane with no wards, no health pots, begin to lose to their lane 1v1 badly, and what has he done? bought a pickaxe. Doesnt try to ward, or counter, just rushes his 5 IE build.

Exadin

10-27-2012

How about make the vision on the wards smaller cost go up (like 100 or so) the main reason i want wards back is for invis champs. The lanters we have are just to long of a cd for the short cd of ivis champs like eve or shaco hell even twich. And even if your team is communicating and working together its not enough to stop a stealth from doing what ever they want or going where ever they want.

As for the neutral minions just make each camp a different difficulty. Or maybe get stronger as the game progresses.

Please No Feed

10-27-2012

Here's the thing. I agree that the camps need to become a little stronger, but I feel that the lack of wards is better than the alternative of wards overflowing the map. I honestly hate in SR and the old TT where you would try and gank someone but they had ALL the entrances warded, so nothing would ever happen. Atleast here, it requires more map awareness and focuses more on teamwork and helping your fellow players. If you added wards, the map would lose a lot of its mystery and teamwork characteristics.
The only way that I would agree to it would be if wards were capped per team. In other words, your team can only have 3 wards on the map at any one time(one for each player should they choose to buy wards). If a fourth one is placed, the oldest ward immediately would die. However, I'm honestly fine with no wards being on the map. It gives it a whole new feel compared to both the old TT and SR.
Finally, bushes. They wanted more ways to gank and fight and get a jump on someone through planning, and they did it. I see nothing really wrong with the amount and placement of bushes. It not only serves for more of a feel for a forest/jungle, but it makes people play smarter and stay alert to the minimap.

I should say that I see where you are coming from, however, I must disapprove of most of your ideas since it would just turn the feel of the map into how it was before(which I disliked), and be closer to SR than TT. Let the map be around longer before you ask for major changes such as the reinstatement of wards.