An Comparison of Treelines and Analysis

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Boagster

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squallian View Post
<snip>
Blackfire Torch

I dont think this item is as accessible to the general mage populace as it should be. It's especially strong on champs like Eve, Brand and Singed, but I dont feel as though its well placed even on champs which have it in their recommended build. I think this one is also a relatively simple fix.
I could run the math on the other characters to check, but I'd like to point out that it is not strong on Singed at all, it's a false impression. I ran the number on it, and it's significantly weaker for Singed in almost all situations than, say, Wooglet's, which is 190 gold cheaper. Even Rylai's is comparable in damage (but definitely not equal), while still providing 112.5 more HP (including the HP from mana on Blackfire) and the insane utility of a 15% slow with his poison, for only 215 more gold.

Here's the link to my math: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...0#post30755581

I haven't done the math for the other champs, but I suspect it will come out the same. Blackfire Torch looks really nice, but in reality, is pretty poor except in niche situations.

Otherwise, I agree with most of your other points.

Squallian

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boagster View Post
I could run the math on the other characters to check, but I'd like to point out that it is not strong on Singed at all, it's a false impression. I ran the number on it, and it's significantly weaker for Singed in almost all situations than, say, Wooglet's, which is 190 gold cheaper. Even Rylai's is comparable in damage (but definitely not equal), while still providing 112.5 more HP (including the HP from mana on Blackfire) and the insane utility of a 15% slow with his poison, for only 215 more gold.

Here's the link to my math: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...0#post30755581

I haven't done the math for the other champs, but I suspect it will come out the same. Blackfire Torch looks really nice, but in reality, is pretty poor except in niche situations.

Otherwise, I agree with most of your other points.

Ah well even then it poses a greater perspective of the fact that it is less than desirable to the general mage populace - a counter productive state to what Riot seemed to want to do with it. :/ OP Edited

Balduron04

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squallian View Post
Supports don't necessarily belong in TT anyways... And as far as tanks go, most of them do enough damage to survive a lane against even a decent assassin/adc, and then they would have a better team comp at the end of the game than the other team. It simply makes it completely lane vs. lane. Noones coming to help you, and Teamfights wont start until the end of the game anyways. If theres gonna be a gank, its from someone whos winning their lane. So I think it'd balance out in the end if done correctly. But anyways, this is stuff better served for your other thread, not this one.
The way some of my games have been going, team-fights happen at lvl 1, lvl 3 when the enemy just got back, and lvl 6. I guess you can call the lvl 3 a team-gank, but there is a fight, and there are kills that happen. I've gone 5/0 in 3 minutes. You don't have to win your lane to gank either, but the team that's ahead and ganks often will usually snowball.

If one team gets too far ahead, teamfights never happen because ganks end with tower-dives and then they take a tower at a time till they win. The other team is trying to get items to even fight back, and just going out for minions is a terrifying idea. It happens in SR too, but with only 3 people, there is less opportunity to recover.

Nexusrage

10-28-2012

Squallian

You did a good job at the beginning of your post. I love the new map. I can see it increasing competitiveness.

My feedback:

Vilemaw is fine. Once people realize the way it works and have real junglers. The debuff vilemaw puts on you is serious and can lose you a team fight quick. Its not like Baron where you can force a fight. With Vilemaw you only go for him when its safe and his bufff will help to secure objectives.

Jungling

A dedicated jungler who ganks a lot with 2 strong solo laners works. Could even become a meta.