Lifesteal runes on Ashe?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaalika

10-27-2012

Every guide I read said to do Lifesteal quints but my friend says to just go AD quints.

What build to use for her?

AD reds
Armor yellow
Magic res per level blues
Lifesteal quints or AD quints

Thanks in advance!

Kaalika

10-27-2012

10 hours ago.

SteliosV

10-27-2012

Lifesteal runes are just not an option for AD Carries the way the game is played. You will have several tad-bits of lifesteal built in from your masteries and a Doran's Blade. More often than not you will also have an early Vamp Scepter, which will put you in 15-20% lifesteal range.

Runes for Ashe:
-Attack Damage Reds (Can be substituted for Armor pen at a later time)
-Flat Armor Yellows
-Flat Magic Resist Blues (Scaling MR works as well, it's really up to you. Just keep in mind you will be more susceptible to damage from supports/roaming mids/certain junglers/skills early on)
-Attack Damage Quints, or Armor Penetration, if you can wing it last hitting without the early AD

Build:

Items List and Order
Berserkers Greaves
Infinity Edge
Phantom Dancer
The Bloodthirster OR Last Whisper
Guardian Angel or Quicksilver Sash or Banshee's Veil (Defensive Item, I prefer GA)
Either Bloodthirster or Last Whisper, depending on which one you built earlier.

If you do go Last Whisper first, make sure you have a Vampiric Scepter in your item slots. You need some life steal to survive

Start
Boots of Speed
3x Health Potions

First Back 1030g
1x Doran's Blade
1x Vampiric Scepter
3x Health Potions (Buy until you have 3 health potions, if you only used one pot in lane, then grab 1 more to replenish)
If you are only able to buy one item, grab a Doran's Blade and health pots.

Second Back At least 570g
1x Berserkers Greaves (Level 2 boots)
If possible,
1x BF Sword OR 1x Pickaxe OR 1x Cloak of Agility
This depends on how far ahead you are. At this point on you basically want to continue building your Infinity Edge and continue building the above core items as soon as possible. Ideally you want enough to buy the level 2 boots and a Pickaxe.

If you need any clarification or further explanation on the reasoning behind things, feel free to ask.

cpandarun

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2012

I use Lifesteal quints on Ashe. Boots 2xDorans Blades are the only thing I need for laning phase. From there I get a BF sword and rush Infinity Edge waiting to get zerkers until IE is done.

It's mostly preference though. I use lifesteal because they scale well mid-late game with all the ad you're buying. Straight AD will help you last hit and poke but honestly Ashe isn't a great poker. Armor Pen will also scale well into mid-late game but don't offer the same advantages early as AD or Lifesteal do.

SteliosV

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpandarun View Post
I use Lifesteal quints on Ashe. Boots 2xDorans Blades are the only thing I need for laning phase. From there I get a BF sword and rush Infinity Edge waiting to get zerkers until IE is done.

It's mostly preference though. I use lifesteal because they scale well mid-late game with all the ad you're buying. Straight AD will help you last hit and poke but honestly Ashe isn't a great poker. Armor Pen will also scale well into mid-late game but don't offer the same advantages early as AD or Lifesteal do.

Well, it is preference, really. But there are a few things I don't agree with you on.

"Straight AD will help you last hit and poke but honestly Ashe isn't a great poker."

Ashe has a moderately high AA range compared to most AD Carries. She is outranged by only a handful early game. This fact, coupled with Ashe's strong early game, allow her to poke very effectively. Everytime the other AD carry is last hitting, and you are not able to get in a last hit, lock them in for a free auto attack harass, and if positioning allows it, a Volley to animation cancel into another auto attack, then resume farming. Levels 1-6 this can truly be devastating, after that, her volley tends to fall off. Ashe's early game is strong, as well as her late game, her mid game is weak compared to her early/late. If you are playing Ashe passively (as an experienced player) early on without harassing in between last hits, you either don't trust your support, are getting zoned/camped, or just aren't doing it right.

" Armor Pen will also scale well into mid-late game but don't offer the same advantages early as AD or Lifesteal do"

Somewhere around level 3-5. depending on your matchup, armor penetration rules will equal out to do more damage to the other carry than flat AD would. To supplement this extra armor penetration with a Doran's blade on your first back/lifesteal from masteries and possibly an early vamp scepter, there is absolutely no logical reason to run life steal quints. More armor pen = more lifesteal that you already have without the LS quints. More AD = easier last hitting with not quite as much damage, but that will be resolved as soon as you grab your Last Whisper. It is not worth it to miss out on half the last hits you would normally get because you are running armor penetration runes for the sake of trading.

These are just a few of the facts that stand behind my preference. To sum it up, imo it's basically either AD/ArmPen combo, or flat AD. Movement speed quints are acceptable in some situations but you're boned if the other carry knows how to trade effectively.. If you're some kind of mechanical monster that doesn't need any AD to last hit and prefer it somehow, go ahead and go full +25 ArmPen.

Kaalika

10-27-2012

Clarified a lot, thanks.

Think for my first page I'll do the full AD runes and that way it'll also work for Riven.