How is elo under 1500 even fare?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FoliagedPegasus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2012

this is ****ing bull ****. every game i played today i won my lane or in the jungle but people at this ****ing elo are morons. honestly how the **** do you get to level 30 and not know how to ****ing focus the adc buy wards and last hit? let alone play every ****ing role effectively. Trying to get your elo up playing with these people is all based on luck. even if you are truly a good player it seems that even if you win your lane and roam around to help out your team nobody knows anything about this game. I have lost 130 elo in the past week and every game has been the same. i win my lane (out csing them, a few kills ahead, little to no deaths etc) but then every game some lane gets ****ing dominated and then they just roam around and **** everyone up because people at this elo cant spend 75 gold because that's the supports job! or maybe look at the ****ing map for once! I mean Jesus Christ you wold think some people would watch a guide of something because they are ****ing horrible.

xDEUCESx

10-27-2012

Raging on the forums wont help you man. If you deserve to be out of that elo you will make it. Otherwise everyone would be sub 1500. Best thing to do is stop blaming the team and figure out ways to win the game rather than your lane.

Bėst Kat NA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2012

you're in the elo you deserve, if you always win your lane, help other lanes out and force objectives, ward for them if you have too

Amatzikahni

10-27-2012

You know, it's very possible to win your lane, steal kills, devoid other lanes of minion waves, and come out 15-2 while your entire team is suffering because of how much you denied them. Therefore, you will be fighting a 1v5 that you caused, 100% of the blame being yours. But you know what? Your KDA will be amazing in all those losses!

But on the serious side, this is a team game. You need to be a leader if you're clearly the best decisionmaker on your team, and you need to know how to pull out seemingly impossible wins if you want to gain Elo at a respectable rate. The more games you can pull from Defeat to Victory, the better your winrate and the more Elo you'll gain. Don't be the guy that causes your own defeat.

With that being said, there will be games where your whole team is winning and you are getting carried, and there are games that you carry hard but still cannot win because of how fed the enemy team is. These guaranteed games are all part of the natural swing, but everything in-between is up for grabs. Grab them.

My personal way of doing this is by getting everyone else fed. Fed teammates that you helped feed will be more likely to listen to you and they'll be more powerful meaning they can make bigger mistakes yet still tip the scales to win the game. And if your team is fed, then when you win your lane as you always do since you're bullying around a low Elo opponent, your team will win teamfights and steamroll into their nexus. So, gank lanes, place lots of wards, and do everything that your team is not (mia's, jungler locations, timers, objective calling, grouping, you name it) in order to lead your team to victory.

The biggest thing I'm working on right now outside of mastering certain champions is game sense; sometimes, I don't know why, but I can tell that the enemy jungler is about to gank a lane, and I'll call for them to retreat or place a ward quickly. While doing so, I rush over to the lane in question and try to clean up the kills if the jungler was there or gank the lane if the jungler didn't come (or, as it's getting more frequent, meet their jungler in the attempt to gank). This game sense allows me to have an absurd earlygame which already is one of my greatest strengths (I'm almost always the CS leader in a passive lane). It helps to develop game sense since it makes you think logically and rationally while keeping a cool head and keeping tabs on how the game is progressing; if you know who needs help and what objectives to contest/steal/give away, then you can make very accurate decisions using that knowledge to turn the game in your favor or increase your advantage.

BigTallUgly

10-27-2012

You see the problem is that everyone on the forums is full of ****.

I highly recommend going to a different game, frankly. Just cause Riot unlikely to change things in a timely manner. And there's always going to be little kids trying to play online games.

Amatzikahni

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTallUgly View Post
Just cause Riot unlikely to change things in a timely manner.
Because this is coming out very arrogantly, then let me be arrogant back. I've been on these forums for more than two years, and I've never seen even one tweak of a suggestion that could improve the current system, yet everyone insists that they have the right idea and are proven, time and time again, to be completely wrong. Therefore, I challenge you: find the solution to the problem. If you can't, then stop posting here because our forums would be a lot better off without your remarks regarding "Riot can't change things" when the problem is two years and encyclopedias thick to solve.

aLegend

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amatzikahni View Post
Because this is coming out very arrogantly, then let me be arrogant back. I've been on these forums for more than two years, and I've never seen even one tweak of a suggestion that could improve the current system, yet everyone insists that they have the right idea and are proven, time and time again, to be completely wrong. Therefore, I challenge you: find the solution to the problem. If you can't, then stop posting here because our forums would be a lot better off without your remarks regarding "Riot can't change things" when the problem is two years and encyclopedias thick to solve.
There is no "problem" people just need to stop complaining and get better. If people feel they are so much better than the others on their team they should be able to carry the game, but they dont because they can't realize they aren't as good as they think.

Gaarashatan

10-27-2012

idk about you guys but if you cant even spell fair right, i have a hard time believing you know what items to get vs the champ you face

Amatzikahni

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Spells View Post
There is no "problem" people just need to stop complaining and get better. If people feel they are so much better than the others on their team they should be able to carry the game, but they dont because they can't realize they aren't as good as they think.
The problem is that players can be very different skill-wise in a game near 1200 Elo, and either the lower level player will get carried higher or the higher level player will get pulled lower. The system is pretty accurate beyond the 900 and 1500 markers (arbitrarily chosen) yet falls victim between those markers to the influx of new people and the huge numbers of people actually between those numbers (something like 90% of the LoL population).