@RIOT: Put wards back in.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

U rage I ignore

10-27-2012

Removing wards only serves to bring the game further away from SR and closer to dominion. Wards are strong in TT but they're easy to remove, you could even make only pink wards purchasable if the cost/impact isn't where you'd like. Another option is completely new shorter duration wards or higher cost wards, or make oracles cost 200g so it's always bought.

Personally I and many others actually enjoy the lane phase of TT and SR. I don't play TT when I want different gameplay to SR, I play it when I want a shorter game (which often doesn't work) or feel like a change (in meta) for a few days. The lack of wards ruins the lane phase in TT. Imagine SR without wards? Well TT is the same.

While I don't dislike dominion, it's great for quickly learning new champions, I don't want a game mode that is halfway between it and SR. CS is a big part of TT as there isn't the passive gold gain of dominion, it's just as important as SR. Removing wards makes you incredibly vulnerable to ganks favouring push/wave clear champions so you don't expose yourself for long. I have heard it said "you could be ganked at any time" like it's a good thing. I know you think this gives the game more action, which is great if TT was on show at competitive events, but it isn't. When I play TT I want a lane phase where I am not constantly at risk of gank without anything I can do about it. There should be some defence to it.

If you think the map is improved by decreasing vision, so be it, but why remove ALL vision entirely? Why not just give players the tools to remove vision? It is so hard to prepare plays now, there is just so much randomness added with no vision so people are going to naturally gravitate to the safe champions. Those who can wave clear which reduces their exposure to ganks, duelists for jungling so they can handle randomly bumping in the enemy jungler when they go to gank from the far exit, and champions with high mobility to escape ganks. Sight wards, vision wards and oracles add an exciting this back and forth which makes the the lane phase dynamic, incorporates elements of planning and adds depth to the gameplay.

Personally, I love the new map. I think their should be small camps above top lane and the xp gain from CS and kills should be bumped up 10-15% to make carries more viable, but overall I am enjoying the redesign. However, I do not see how removing wards has improved gameplay, it only tends to dumb it down. Prepare to see Teemo every match soon because shrooms are now so exceptionally powerful.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bandaidsaregood

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2012

They wanted to make teemo the god of thunder, even if by accident. Also, wards are haaaaaaard D:<