Haunting Guise vs Abyssal on Katarina

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DiabolusReborn

10-27-2012

Which is better for Katarina? They seem quite similar and both useful on katarina.

AMonkeyCourier

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NocturnalWarrior View Post
one gives tenacity
What.

Alyzar

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMonkeyCourier View Post
What.
lol

UNPGriff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2012

It's simple really
You build both

Prabjot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2012

imo you build abyssal against a burst mage and haunting guise otherwise
but i dont play kat so i wouldnt know

xMugix

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabolusReborn View Post
Which is better for Katarina? They seem quite similar and both useful on katarina.
Purely situational.

If your gonna roam and aim to pick up lots of kills early game to mid game go Haunting Guise. If you playing a LeBlanc pick up Abyssal. However I wouldn't suggest rushing Abyssal (just a personal preference) I usually build it after my early-mid game core items (Kage Pick, Sorc or Mobility boots, Deathcap) If I'm picking up Haunting Guise I build it before my deathcap for more damage.

Fifth Scheme

10-27-2012

I build Sorc boots, Haunting guise and Abyssal in that order. Your abilities do true damage to most enemies at this point, pretty scary.

Invisibleally

10-27-2012

Once you have Sorc boots and Guise you should be sittin' pretty. That being said, buy Abyssal and Void Staff

Mambazo

10-27-2012

People actually build haunting guise?

Fiora All Night

10-27-2012

^ Yes we do, especially since a Red made a post making a really good argument for it.

As Kat was my main before the relaunch I've messed around with a lot of builds since then, and I've found that I get my best early game damage when I rush Sorc Shoes and Haunting Guise. If I'm up against a really bursty mid (like LeBlanc as people have been saying) then I go for a Negatron and rush Abyssal along with my boots. Usually though, you won't really need Abyssal until later in the game when the enemy actually starts building MR but if they full-on stack it you'd be better off with a Void Staff.

You will probably sell the Haunting Guise later on, but I would almost always take it for the Laning Phase at least.