What strategies are acceptable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mambawarrior

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2012

Innovation is good, and I do odd roles quite often, but DON'T DO IT IF IT CLASHES WITH YOUR TEAM. Ask first, and if they don't agree, don't do it, ESPECIALLY if it involves one of them playing differently to accommodate you (duo jungle/mid/ADC is NOT ok if the other person doesn't want to)

Invisibleally

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisibleally View Post
There's nothing at all wrong with following tradition. Problems occur when you expect others to follow tradition.
You still want to coordinate with your teammates
Apparently there's not enough BOLD in the world for these.

*Edit after reading Chaser's post below: Comprehension isn't your strong suit, I see- no, that's okay, that's okay. We all have our strengths and weaknesses. Often times rephrasing helps. Here:

Mundo throw cleaver again and again- enemy know it coming, but thtill get hit. When friend EXPECTTH Mundo to throw cleaver and Mundo use Mathochithm inthtead, friend can only blame themthelf.
Mundo help friendth even if Mundo not throw cleaverth.

chaser676

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisibleally View Post
Apparently there's not enough BOLD in the world for these.
You might want to read the "still coordinate with your teammates" part again.

phil002

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehomCD View Post
While I mostly agree, you do need to make sure your team is receptive to this sort of thing. Experimentation is great, but if you do something really unusual a lot of people will think you're screwing with them. Some people won't mind this too much in normals, though even there a lot of people will be touchy, but in ranked games I'd really shy away from this sort of thing unless you clear it with everyone first, even if it's something that isn't -that- unusual like support Zyra, for example.
thats an excellent point. i solo qued the other day and ended up with some people that qued together (not sure if all 4 or just 2-3) i usually go support or tank top but they wanted the roles so i ended up as mid.

im a terrible kat player and not too good with viegar so i asked if anyone cared if i played AP janna in mid. it was awesome when everybody thought it was hilarious but were cool with it. ended up 7/0/13. i know those kinds of results wont happen every time but its fun to try different things when your teammates are cool with it.

Ephixiah

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereg Anfaug View Post
"I know I'm not the only one that wants to see more crazy new manuevers in this game. You still want to coordinate with your teammates, but don't let your mind rust- try something unusual!"

WITH YOUR PREMADE TEAM. Not with randoms. As Had0ken said, if your "surprise" throws your teammates off as well as your opponents, then it's not going to work even if it otherwise might have, because any advantage you gained from surprise you lost by pissing off your team.

And lol @ chaser's jungle Sona... I tried that once in a bot game, just because. She has got to be the least effective jungler ever. As I said above, the meta is what it is for a reason.
Janna.

fastplay

10-30-2012

some many time in solo que some one would do somthing that really off like a tank mid and it do mess up the team comp. I would say keep experiment outside ranked and drift pick game less you in a permade team since drift pick is to work on role and anything befor going to ranked games.

Like Sereg Anfaug the meta is like a framework and it do make set up a team in solo que easyer. the meta is they because it do work. Also for the people that hate support you could run a kill lane bot and still be in the meta where the team comp is ok still.

A6yearoldgamer

10-30-2012

I like you brian, your a cool dog but your a pretty cool cat.
Stewie just said that, take it home with ya
Nah dude I really like your opinion on this it's good and gives details

zraven7

10-30-2012

I'm all for people trying crazy stuff, and don't mind losing a game over someone's new idea, as long as they COMMUNICATE. Especially during the champion select screen. Tell people what you wanna do, and see how receptive they are to it. Type it in, give it 20 seconds of the timer, and if they aren't good with it, switch to something they are ok with. Inversely, if you type it in, give it time, and no one responds after you try to prompt an answer once or twice, go with it.

If you can't tell, people not conversing or planning during Champ select is a pet peeve of mine. Always fun to play support when you realize no one will go bottom with you AFTER the match has already started, and no one will say why. Flipping magical, that is.