Which TT map do you like better?

The new Dominionline (new TT). 78 27.76%
The old Twisted Treeline. 203 72.24%
Voters: 281. You may not vote on this poll

Put it to a vote.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Criztalmeth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

violentowl

Recruiter

10-26-2012

i think they should both be 3v3 maps i dont find its at all like dominion and i do like the new map but i still prefer the old one i dont think League of Legends has enough maps anyways and i think that alot of people will stop playing because they do not like the new map.(i like the dancing spider boss though) (but i want grez back)

Boagster

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Izzy View Post
The new version of TT is a lot like Dominion map, even if the aspects (such as size) of the maps are different, the features are the same. You have unneeded speed boosts (On the dominion map) you have capture points (on the dominion map) you have objectives (on the dominion map) and you specific items that you can only use on the new version of TT (on the dominion map as well) and you an increase of gold (on the dominion map). You might not like it, but that's the truth and that's based on what I've seen, I can't even play the new Twisted Treeline map because I can't shake the feeling that I'm playing on a half-assed version of Dominion.
You do realize that you have objectives on all the maps, right? The game just doesn't spell it out to you in SR or old TT. Turrets, buffs, dragon. They are all objectives. Increased gold, while only on Dominion (and now, the new TT), is hardly a defining characteristic of Dominion gameplay. Not to mention that, if you look at it from the other direction, Summoner's Rift has items unique to it.

How about this:

You have turrets as your main objective (on Summoner's Rift and old Twisted Treeline), you have jungle camps (on Summoner's Rift and old Twisted Treeline), you have a boss mob that provides global gold and buff (on Summoner's Rift and old Twisted Treeline), and you start at level 1 (on Summoner's Rift and old Twisted Treeline).

PATRICK LE GRAND

10-26-2012

Why couldn't you leave it to simply "New Twisted Treeline" in your poll?

You're obviously being biased via your post as well. Nice one.

MySpoon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

I'd enjoy the newer TT if there wasn't such a huge FPS drop in comparison to the older one.

fiddlesticksssss

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MySpoon View Post
I'd enjoy the newer TT if there wasn't such a huge FPS drop in comparison to the older one.
The fix that just happened really helped my computer. I am not spiking into the single digits anymore. I get a steady 20-30 fps all game now.

Haeval

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PATRICK LE GRAND View Post
Why couldn't you leave it to simply "New Twisted Treeline" in your poll?

You're obviously being biased via your post as well. Nice one.
Of course I'm biased. I'm not hiding that fact at all. The fact of the poll results, however, speak for themselves. It's not that I want the map removed, and I said that in my original post. The terrible thing here is that it replaced a map that a lot of people loved, but just wanted some minor changes made.

We didn't want a completely new type of game to be added, REPLACING the map we loved playing. And yes, I call it dominionline, because of the current maps available, the map it FEELS the most like is dominion. ....And I don't really like Dominion. I doubt that many people who avidly played the old TT liked Dominion, either.

Haeval

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boagster View Post
Not to mention that, if you look at it from the other direction, Summoner's Rift has items unique to it.
Yes, some items from the normal setlist are not available in Dominion or the new TT. These are items that are replaced to fit the "feel" of the new maps. Sadly, these new items almost all encourage the "Dominion-style" gameplay in both new maps. Having no wards, which forces teams to run in groups and teamfight, for instance. Or perhaps having items that give you hp per kill or assist, encouraging teamfights, as that would be the only place those aspects of the items would be applicable.

Or maybe starting the game with increased gold so that teams would have more items to help their sustain in a level one team-fight-to-an-ace, as is what happens most of the time on Dominionline now. The only problem is that whoever wins that fight gets so much of a boost that they almost always win. It snowballs them to the top gold-wise, with nothing the other team can really do about it.

Now, this is all from me not liking the new map. That's my opinion, and these are some of the reasons. There are a LOT more.

However, I don't like Dominion, either, and I don't go around saying "take away dominion, it kills our community, etc."

Hardly. I would never say that. However, if Dominion would have replaced Summoner's Rift, and it was the only 5v5 game option, I would probably have uninstalled LoL right then.

That's how I feel with the new TT. Bad form, Riot. Bad form.

HolyGaurdian

10-26-2012

For the people that think the new twisted is not like dominion at all.

The alters are practically the thing that everyone rushes for everytime its up. And the whole game is just like fight fight fight fight fight non stop, people roaming around the jungle like crazy monkeys looking for a kill. Also the people that win the fight fight, win the game. It just doesn't work as twisted and is completely different to summoners rift and the old twisted. It is actually more like a dominion game. Than a summoners rift, or the old twisted.

Shentay

10-26-2012

People who are making these polls im sorry but geuse what RIOT DOSNT GIVE A F*CK about there costumers if they did they would have done alot a long time ago i loved the old TT but the new dominionline is here to stay because its riot