Which TT map do you like better?

The new Dominionline (new TT). 78 27.86%
The old Twisted Treeline. 202 72.14%
Voters: 280. You may not vote on this poll

Put it to a vote.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Boagster

10-26-2012

What I added to your post is in italics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticksssss View Post
Summoners rift consists of buff, dragon, baron, wards, and a turret-to-Nexus primary objective. It requires strategy and teamwork to win. Catch baron for a team wide buff + gold while also taking tower and grabbing smaller buffs to help with laning. You have the option of a level 1 invasion team in order to secure an early lead and buff control and hurt the gold and experience of one enemy champion.

Twisted Treeline consists of buffs, dragon, wards, and a turret-to-Nexus primary objective. It requires strategy and teamwork to win. Catch Dragon for a team wide buff + gold while also grabbing red to help with ganks by slowing enemy upon basic attacks, white for movement speed on escaping ganks or catching pray, and green for dueling. You have the option of a level 1 invasion team in order to secure an early lead. After a few teamfights, the game tends to snowball pretty heavily.
New Twisted Treeline consists of altars that provide buffs, a dragon replacement, vision items, a single speed shrine, and a turret-to-Nexus primary objective. It requires teamwork to win (strategy is up for debate until the dust settles). Catch one altar for a team wide gold buff, while going for a second to help with teamfights. Catch the dragon replacement for a team-wide buff + gold. You have the option for a level 1 invasion team in order to secure an early lead and buff control. After a few teamfights, the game tends to snowball out of control.

Dominion consists of relics, speed shrines scattered across the map, quest-based buffs, vision items, and a capture-and-hold primary objective. It requires teamwork or a lot of deaths to win. Catch a Greater Relic to gain an individual shield and damage buff, while Health Relics provide extra sustain. Finish a quest to gain a team-wide buff.

See. I can do it to. Notice the amount of similarities I can come up with between SR, the old TT and the new TT. Notice the distinct lack of similarities between Dominion and any of the others.

fiddlesticksssss

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boagster View Post
What I added to your post is in italics.

New Twisted Treeline consists of altars that provide buffs, a dragon replacement, vision items, a single speed shrine, and a turret-to-Nexus primary objective. It requires teamwork to win (strategy is up for debate until the dust settles). Catch one altar for a team wide gold buff, while going for a second to help with teamfights. Catch the dragon replacement for a team-wide buff + gold. You have the option for a level 1 invasion team in order to secure an early lead and buff control. After a few teamfights, the game tends to snowball out of control.

Dominion consists of relics, speed shrines scattered across the map, quest-based buffs, vision items, and a capture-and-hold primary objective. It requires teamwork or a lot of deaths to win. Catch a Greater Relic to gain an individual shield and damage buff, while Health Relics provide extra sustain. Finish a quest to gain a team-wide buff.

See. I can do it to. Notice the amount of similarities I can come up with between SR, the old TT and the new TT. Notice the distinct lack of similarities between Dominion and any of the others.
i wasn't....comparing it to dominion. Someone said that Shadow Isles is closer to SR than old TT was.

mastersmash

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

All the people that like the new TT are playing it instead of voting, your results are invalid.

Haeval

10-26-2012

I don't have the patience for multi-quoting, so I'll just reply to you as I remember your points. My apologies if I miss some, or mis-quote.

How can you honestly ignore a 10% stat buff + so much extra gold per kill? Do you think in a normal, not-low-elo team game, that this is a good plan? Also, if you team-fight to get this at lvl 1, the enemy will most likely get an ace, meaning your whole team starts behind in gold/experience from the fight, but that for the next 2 or 3 levels, the enemy team will get more gold and a 10% stat increase.

Can you really say that being drawn to defend/capture these is a trap? Can you honestly say that ignoring them is a good plan? I don't see it.

As for the items forcing team fights, the main reason for this is lack of wards. Even wriggles has been replaced with a 10-second, low-range invis-breaker. This encourages ganks/teamfights, because you can't see skirmishes coming, so you are forced to stay close to your team or the turret. Since you need to take the capture points to win (I still say this is--or will be--a must in ranked games), that means you run around with your team.

I forget the names of the new items, but another example would be the new item that gives you 200-300 hp on enemy kill. It's a dps item, similar to yomu's ghost blade. It could be argued that it's a diving-item, or at least that was the intention, considering it gives armor pen as well. However, in reality it will be used more as a bruiser-teamfight item. It lets a bruiser stay alive in a team fight even longer, because enemy assists ALSO give hp.

The other items I forget specifics on, because I have only played the new TT 5 times or so, but I remember feeling a distinct "why-make-us-constantly-teamfight" feeling with most of them.

As for only letting the old TT be a custom option, why would this make people feel better? Riot probably wants to do this so that their players aren't spread out too far, but most people that feel the same way I do will probably only play custom games from now on, if that's the case. It still spreads out the player-base.

I rage sometimes, though I try to keep it low-key. Sorry for that, but the "idiot" thing was because to me and anyone I've spoken to in person (not on forums), it's painfully obvious how much the new TT is like dominion. It's the feel of the game. Do you play dominion? Surely you have to feel this.

And yes, the one thing you have said that rings in my head every time I see the map list, is this new map IS, unfortunately the new Twisted Treeline. It makes me die a little inside every time I realize it. This is also why I am going to devote most of my spare time for the next....forever.... to bringing the old one back, and hopefully not as just a custom game.

fiddlesticksssss

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastersmash View Post
All the people that like the new TT are playing it instead of voting, your results are invalid.
Resistance is futile. All shall be assimilated.

Boagster

10-26-2012

I was never saying to ignore the altars outright, but just to judge getting involved with them cautiously. Unfortunately, yes, the map snowballs a little too heavily now, so I feel you can't be risking a toe-to-toe 3v3 at an altar when you can try to catch them in a situation more in your favor. Level 1? I say lane / clear jungle camps until your side pops up. If all the enemies come for it, follow them to theirs, as they are unlikely to send all three to get it. If only one or two show up for yours, everyone is on their way in to wipe them.

Haeval

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boagster View Post
I was never saying to ignore the altars outright, but just to judge getting involved with them cautiously. Unfortunately, yes, the map snowballs a little too heavily now, so I feel you can't be risking a toe-to-toe 3v3 at an altar when you can try to catch them in a situation more in your favor. Level 1? I say lane / clear jungle camps until your side pops up. If all the enemies come for it, follow them to theirs, as they are unlikely to send all three to get it. If only one or two show up for yours, everyone is on their way in to wipe them.
If you're jungling and the enemy team comes to take the altar/set up for taking it, you are being attacked by minions, and your hp is lower to begin with. You either will be forced to retreat/give up the altar, or get aced.

Every game I've played so far (granted, only 5), if we didn't try to take the enemy-side altar, they came to take ours. Every game also was a snowball to victory for whoever won the first encounter, EXCEPT the game where my team went all tanky bruisers, and that was only because I back-doored with mundo, using my ult to tank turrets. (this was on the PBE before it went live).

I still haven't bothered to look up the rest of the new items, but I'm sure you can see why the new ones encourage teamfighting over laning, even if they don't outright force it.

Haeval

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastersmash View Post
I find this hard to believe--especially because of all the new bugs from the latest updates. FPS lag issues, specifically, from high-particle mechanics, such as vayne ults/tumbles, etc...

Branconius

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haeval View Post
really? you want to say this?

In dominion you are encouraged to jump in and fight, fight, fight, paying no attention to lanes. Same in the new TT.

In dominion you are forced to get bruiser/tanky builds, and support/assassin builds are impossible to use (provided you're against a competent team). Same with the new TT.

In Dominion, you have items that encourage quick encounters and constant ganks, etc. Same with the new items in the new TT.

In Dominion you have capture points that need to be defended to win the game. In the new TT, you must capture 2 points to win the game--not because it's the objective, but because if the other team gets these points, every 90 seconds or so, you lose. That forces you to lane less and teamfight more, even from level 1. THE SAME AS DOMINION.

Don't be an idiot. It's obvious to everyone that the new TT is MORE like dominion than a skirmish-based pvp game.

At any rate, this new map is decidedly NOT a Twisted Treeline, and no, I do NOT want the old TT to be a custom-only game. I liked it as a pvp, team-ranked game. I want it back that way. Not that the new TT is terrible. Honestly, it's not my preference, but there's nothing that wrong with it--at least nothing that couldn't be easily fixed with a few tweaks. I just prefer the old one.

The old TT felt like a smaller version of Summoners Rift. This one doesn't feel like anything to me except a smaller version of Dominion.
Well said

VroomVrooms

10-26-2012

The new version of TT is a lot like Dominion map, even if the aspects (such as size) of the maps are different, the features are the same. You have unneeded speed boosts (On the dominion map) you have capture points (on the dominion map) you have objectives (on the dominion map) and you specific items that you can only use on the new version of TT (on the dominion map as well) and you an increase of gold (on the dominion map). You might not like it, but that's the truth and that's based on what I've seen, I can't even play the new Twisted Treeline map because I can't shake the feeling that I'm playing on a half-assed version of Dominion.