Which TT map do you like better?

The new Dominionline (new TT). 78 27.86%
The old Twisted Treeline. 202 72.14%
Voters: 280. You may not vote on this poll

Put it to a vote.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Haeval

10-26-2012

K, i tried this before, but i would really like Riot to see what people THINK about Dominionline.

So, choose one of these opinions please.

Oh, and this is not an attempt to remove this new Dominionline, but a petition using a poll, for Riot to put this map under Dominion, where it belongs, and bring back our old map. Maybe make some changes to that one instead of ruining it.

PhäntömZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

Voted

fiddlesticksssss

10-26-2012

Even though this is like the 30th poll, i do like voting old twisted treeline for false hope of riot listening to their community.

Boagster

10-26-2012

The new Twisted Treeline is nothing like Dominion. Please, stop calling it that. If you seriously believe it is, go check that thread. Read it. If you still think it is, post some well-reasoned thoughts as to why you think so. So far, the only reasoning, it seems, is "altars", "speed pad" and "chaos", with no real explanation beyond that.

Short list:

• Twisted Treeline's primary objective is the same as Summoner's Rift, not Dominion.
  • The new altars function nothing like Dominion's control points.
  • So they both have speed pads? Did you know Mario Kart has speed pads?
  • The chaos is already settling into something resembling a strategy, though not everybody is on the same page yet.

As for the topic of the post: I prefer the new Twisted Treeline, but really wish they would have kept the old one as an option in Customs. If the amount of old TT players that no longer play 3v3 because of the change is large enough to warrant it's own queue, then sure, give it it's own queue. If there aren't enough players, though, don't cannibalize the queue of the new map (which, it would seem, Riot is set on keeping) just to sate the few.

thecerberus

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boagster View Post
The new Twisted Treeline is nothing like Dominion. Please, stop calling it that. If you seriously believe it is, go check that thread. Read it. If you still think it is, post some well-reasoned thoughts as to why you think so. So far, the only reasoning, it seems, is "altars", "speed pad" and "chaos", with no real explanation beyond that.

Short list:
  • Twisted Treeline's primary objective is the same as Summoner's Rift, not Dominion.
  • The chaos is already settling into something resembling a strategy, though not everybody is on the same page yet.

As for the topic of the post: I prefer the new Twisted Treeline, but really wish they would have kept the old one as an option in Customs. If the amount of old TT players that no longer play 3v3 because of the change is large enough to warrant it's own queue, then sure, give it it's own queue. If there aren't enough players, though, don't cannibalize the queue of the new map (which, it would seem, Riot is set on keeping) just to sate the few.
i couldnt of said it better

Haeval

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boagster View Post

Short list:

really? you want to say this?

In dominion you are encouraged to jump in and fight, fight, fight, paying no attention to lanes. Same in the new TT.

In dominion you are forced to get bruiser/tanky builds, and support/assassin builds are impossible to use (provided you're against a competent team). Same with the new TT.

In Dominion, you have items that encourage quick encounters and constant ganks, etc. Same with the new items in the new TT.

In Dominion you have capture points that need to be defended to win the game. In the new TT, you must capture 2 points to win the game--not because it's the objective, but because if the other team gets these points, every 90 seconds or so, you lose. That forces you to lane less and teamfight more, even from level 1. THE SAME AS DOMINION.

Don't be an idiot. It's obvious to everyone that the new TT is MORE like dominion than a skirmish-based pvp game.

At any rate, this new map is decidedly NOT a Twisted Treeline, and no, I do NOT want the old TT to be a custom-only game. I liked it as a pvp, team-ranked game. I want it back that way. Not that the new TT is terrible. Honestly, it's not my preference, but there's nothing that wrong with it--at least nothing that couldn't be easily fixed with a few tweaks. I just prefer the old one.

The old TT felt like a smaller version of Summoners Rift. This one doesn't feel like anything to me except a smaller version of Dominion.

ArcMinuteLight

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haeval View Post

In dominion you are encouraged to jump in and fight, fight, fight, paying no attention to lanes. Same in the new TT.

In dominion you are forced to get bruiser/tanky builds, and support/assassin builds are impossible to use (provided you're against a competent team). Same with the new TT.

In Dominion, you have items that encourage quick encounters and constant ganks, etc. Same with the new items in the new TT.

In Dominion you have capture points that need to be defended to win the game. In the new TT, you must capture 2 points to win the game--not because it's the objective, but because if the other team gets these points, every 90 seconds or so, you lose. That forces you to lane less and teamfight more, even from level 1. THE SAME AS DOMINION.

Don't be an idiot. It's obvious to everyone that the new TT is MORE like dominion than a skirmish-based pvp game.

At any rate, this new map is decidedly NOT a Twisted Treeline, and no, I do NOT want the old TT to be a custom-only game. I liked it as a pvp, team-ranked game. I want it back that way. Not that the new TT is terrible. Honestly, it's not my preference, but there's nothing that wrong with it--at least nothing that couldn't be easily fixed with a few tweaks. I just prefer the old one.

The old TT felt like a smaller version of Summoners Rift. This one doesn't feel like anything to me except a smaller version of Dominion.
But its funny that at the same time you're denouncing this as TT, you're describing what the old TT was like to begin with, just without altars!

fiddlesticksssss

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcMinuteLight View Post
But its funny that at the same time you're denouncing this as TT, you're describing what the old TT was like to begin with, just without altars!
Summoners rift consists of buff, dragon, baron, and wards. It requires strategy and teamwork to win. Catch baron for a team wide buff + gold while also taking tower and grabbing smaller buffs to help with laning.

Twisted Treeline consists of buffs, dragon, and wards. It requires strategy and teamwork to win. Catch Dragon for a team wide buff + gold while also grabbing red to help with ganks by slowing enemy upon basic attacks, white for movement speed on escaping ganks or catching pray, and green for dueling.

Shadow isles consists of altars, speed shrine, and vilemaw a giant spider. It requires 3 early team tanky dps to get ace on level 1. Take both altars for a permanent team wide buff + gold per minion kill. The longer you have it the farther you snowball. There is no strategy or wards, because this map doesn't need that stuff, its about face paced who has the stronger early game team comp.

I don't see how Shadow Isles is anything like that

You can try to say tanky dps ruled Twisted Treeline, but that only shows you never played ranked.

Haeval

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticksssss View Post
Summoners rift consists of buff, dragon, baron, and wards. It requires strategy and teamwork to win. Catch baron for a team wide buff + gold while also taking tower and grabbing smaller buffs to help with laning.

Twisted Treeline consists of buffs, dragon, and wards. It requires strategy and teamwork to win. Catch Dragon for a team wide buff + gold while also grabbing red to help with ganks by slowing enemy upon basic attacks, white for movement speed on escaping ganks or catching pray, and green for dueling.

Shadow isles consists of altars, speed shrine, and vilemaw a giant spider. It requires 3 early team tanky dps to get ace on level 1. Take both altars for a permanent team wide buff + gold per minion kill. The longer you have it the farther you snowball. There is no strategy or wards, because this map doesn't need that stuff, its about face paced who has the stronger early game team comp.

I don't see how Shadow Isles is anything like that

You can try to say tanky dps ruled Twisted Treeline, but that only shows you never played ranked.

Exactly. I couldn't have said it better. If you had competent teams (ranked would work), you did not need all-bruiser builds. In fact, I rarely played bruiser builds at all on the map. If you were at low-elo, noob-ques, of course bruisers carried, but that's the same with every other map.

Boagster

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haeval View Post
Yes. Hence why I said it. Before I get into the rest of your post, let me preface with this: Except for your first argument, everything else seems unique - points that I have yet to see articulated.

Quote:
I've found that sticking to lanes and setting up ganks/counterganks is far more productive on this map than a constant fight-fight-fight state. An important factor here is making sure your team is on the same page. If the rest of your team wants to fight-fight-fight, laning is just going to hurt your team more. Communication.

Also, would you agree or disagree that it's possible that much of this chaotic behavior is due to people not knowing what the hell is going on in the new map?

Quote:
Funny, I've found Talon, Teemo, Nocturne and Shaco all viable on this map so far. The key thing, again, was communicating with the team and making sure everyone was on the same page.

Quote:
I don't really understand how either mode is itemized for quick encounters. Elaborate, if you will?

Quote:
I've won two games so far while failing to hold on to two capture points. I think what is more fundamental is not falling into the teamfight-when-it-unlocks trap, which you seemed to describe. Also interesting is that both games I lose were due to my teammates focusing too hard on the altars and not enough on playing smart.

Quote:
I feel that I am neither an idiot nor do you have the right to speak for everyone. If you checked the thread I linked to, you'd see that several of us are trying to find out WHY people think it's like Dominion. Honestly, I still don't see the comparison. The objective still remains the same: take down turrets in order to access the enemy base so you can destroy the Nexus.

Also, ad hominem.

Quote:
I'll agree with you here. It is decidedly not the same feel as the old Twisted Treeline. Unfortunately, this is the new Twisted Treeline, though, so it is Twisted Treeline. Maybe they will cave and change the name. I really hope they add the old one as a custom. And I really hope, for your sake and the sake of everyone else complaining, that the numbers add up enough that Riot might consider making it it's own playlist.

Quote:
I can't really say one way or the other which I feel is more like Summoner's Rift, they have their similarities and differences. I do feel that neither compare very well at all to Dominion. I feel like Dominion is way too close to the Russian strategy during the Second Great War - just throw as many bodies at it as you can and hope for the best. That doesn't work on any of the other LoL maps - SR, oTT or nTT.