@Riot Nome: Reddit AMA Question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PurpleURP

10-26-2012

Nome,
I read your AMA. Sadly, I wasn't online to ask a question. So, I just have a quick question for you if you could please take the time to answer it.
You made this comment as to why you didn't just revamp the old TT map:
"Turtling was rampant, the meta was pretty stale, and there were a pretty big number of exploits that had way too much of an impact on the game."
I understand the turting, new players that don't understand the map were apt to break the inhibitor too early, which lead to turtling, however this wasn't a problem in high level play.
In terms of the meta, I think just by the fact that there are only three heros on a team, the meta will be limited. No amount of changes to the map will help that.
But the last one is where you lost me, I've played this map for 2+ years and I don't know of any exploits that are so game breaking as you have to remake the whole map.
Could you please explain what exactly are the exploits you are refering to?
Thanks,
PurpleURP

fiddlesticksssss

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleURP View Post
Nome,
I read your AMA. Sadly, I wasn't online to ask a question. So, I just have a quick question for you if you could please take the time to answer it.
You made this comment as to why you didn't just revamp the old TT map:
"Turtling was rampant, the meta was pretty stale, and there were a pretty big number of exploits that had way too much of an impact on the game."
I understand the turting, new players that don't understand the map were apt to break the inhibitor too early, which lead to turtling, however this wasn't a problem in high level play.
In terms of the meta, I think just by the fact that there are only three heros on a team, the meta will be limited. No amount of changes to the map will help that.
But the last one is where you lost me, I've played this map for 2+ years and I don't know of any exploits that are so game breaking as you have to remake the whole map.
Could you please explain what exactly are the exploits you are refering to?
Thanks,
PurpleURP
Nome only answered like 4 questions on reddit.

PurpleURP

10-26-2012

bump

PurpleURP

10-26-2012

bump

Taarki

10-26-2012

bump

Nykidemus

10-26-2012

I would also like to see the answer to this question.

PurpleURP

10-26-2012

bump

PurpleURP

10-26-2012

insistent bump

fiddlesticksssss

10-26-2012

bump for response

PurpleURP

10-26-2012

keep bumping