Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Skins Available in the Store

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Richnator

11-29-2009

Can't believe people are so cheap. I think of these skins as donations for an awesome game. Honestly I had more fun on this free game than many recent games that I purchased within the last year.

Katsuni

11-29-2009

Disappointed in the skins honestly. I was expecting to spend alot of riot points on them, and even bought the game online since I figured it was worth paying to show support for the developers =3

However... the skins are... well there's none for my favorite champs at all. The ones there are, are pretty poor quality and uninteresting. To make it better, the pricing kind of sucks.

It's roughly $4 for each optional skin, a little more maybe. For just a SKIN it's not that appealing of a deal, especially when the choices are so restrictive. I know yeu're trying to make money off it, but people only pay for things they consider to be worth the value they pay for.

If the skins were like $1 apiece and there were several skins for each character? Yeah I'd probably be buying more riot points so I could have a few choices for each of my favorites. As it stands, I'll probably use the points that came with the preorder to get two skins, as that's all it can buy for $10, and then never really bother to get more. Currently I used one, and there isn't a second skin worth getting.

In any case, the concept of buying skins is good. The value for them isn't enough to really bother with, and the severe lack of options, and so many champs with no skins at all is pretty rough. Considering that's the primary way yeu're going to be wanting to make actual MONEY, I'd highly suggest working on these areas.

The Hye Circus

Recruiter

11-30-2009

Quote:
Katsuni:
Disappointed in the skins honestly. I was expecting to spend alot of riot points on them, and even bought the game online since I figured it was worth paying to show support for the developers =3

However... the skins are... well there's none for my favorite champs at all. The ones there are, are pretty poor quality and uninteresting. To make it better, the pricing kind of sucks.

It's roughly $4 for each optional skin, a little more maybe. For just a SKIN it's not that appealing of a deal, especially when the choices are so restrictive. I know yeu're trying to make money off it, but people only pay for things they consider to be worth the value they pay for.

If the skins were like $1 apiece and there were several skins for each character? Yeah I'd probably be buying more riot points so I could have a few choices for each of my favorites. As it stands, I'll probably use the points that came with the preorder to get two skins, as that's all it can buy for $10, and then never really bother to get more. Currently I used one, and there isn't a second skin worth getting.

In any case, the concept of buying skins is good. The value for them isn't enough to really bother with, and the severe lack of options, and so many champs with no skins at all is pretty rough. Considering that's the primary way yeu're going to be wanting to make actual MONEY, I'd highly suggest working on these areas.

I'd love to buy a skin. Too bad the Nanoo skin turns him into Donkey Kong - but it isn't as cool looking as his default. And too bad Taric's skin is horribly ugly.

4 dollars is a lot, and the skins are not good looking. Listen to the guy I quoted.

EmissaryShadow

Recruiter

11-30-2009

Quote:
The Hye Circus:
I'd love to buy a skin. Too bad the Nanoo skin turns him into Donkey Kong - but it isn't as cool looking as his default. And too bad Taric's skin is horribly ugly.

4 dollars is a lot, and the skins are not good looking. Listen to the guy I quoted.

My taste in skins is different than yours which obviously means the skin selection is perfect as is and should never ever change in coming patches.

Don't listen to the guy I quoted.

Seriously, give them time to do nonessentials like skins.

panguss

11-30-2009

Just a question, i see some skins that say "Ghost Gangplank" and such... but where can i buy them? they're in character select but i dont see them in the store

EmissaryShadow

Recruiter

11-30-2009

They are not ready quite yet. A few are also exclusive promotional issues.

Aethernaught

11-30-2009

*Faps lookin at Ev skin*

EmissaryShadow

Recruiter

11-30-2009

Quote:
Aethernaught:
*Faps lookin at Ev skin*

!: Windows has detected you wish to turn on Sticky Keys.

Blue Phoenix

11-30-2009

Where's Tristana skin? xP

EmissaryShadow

Recruiter

12-01-2009

Quote:
Blue Phoenix:
Where's Tristana skin? xP

Quote:
Pendragon:
Nobody has it. It is a minor issue.

Our web guys were busy working on the store (arguably more important).

This is coming "soon"

Note: We never promised the skin when we hit 40,000 fans, 40,000 was when we invited all of our fans into beta.

Top Men are working on it...after they finish up with the store.