Varus new Walk Animation

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ankokukai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

Why did you change it?
Imo, his "stalky" walk was a really cool part of him, you could feel the vengeful-no looking back intention when he walked/ran

Now, he looks like an average joe with a bow, not to mention that the "initial" walk animation (when you dont have tier 2 boots) makes him look like if he had to go to the bathroom

What was the intention on changing him from vengeful stalker to "a guy"?

Could we get his old animation back? like we had with WW when he was changed from "hunter" to "guy running on a spring flower field"

II DC II

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

when did they change it?

dafedidi

10-26-2012

This patch

Ankokukai

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarner Need Hug View Post
when did they change it?
On this patch (Shadow Isles')

The custom game 6 player limit has been removed, go and check it

Yousonerfed

10-26-2012

Agreed. Riot, please change it back. I want to be slinking around as the Arrow of Retribution, not jogging.

IS18bffd21e26d952d27f11

10-26-2012

I'm with Ankokukai on this one, of all the things to change about Varus why change his walk animation?

This new animation lacks the character of the old one and just looks boring. Why take something interesting away from the character to make him more generic?

The only technical reason I could think of is that in his old animation, his initial walk speed (no boots) looked slightly off sync compared to the speed that he moved his legs, but couldn't they have just...you know...synced it up instead?

Atravim27

10-28-2012

Wholeheartedly agree on this. His stalking animations was one thing that I enjoyed about Varus besides the slick autoattacks.

Archerus

10-28-2012

Agreed, NEED his old walk back. This new half assed walk is terrible. He looks like he's trying to walk in a backbrace

Ankokukai

11-02-2012

Riot pls

TacoBlade

11-03-2012

i never really liked how idiotic he looked at level 1 but he did look cool once you got tier 2 boots