My Message To Riot, A Personal Appeal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PhäntömZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

I think it is time that RIOT actually LISTENS to the community. I think it is time that they respond to threads asking questions, instead of going to other sites like Reddit and such. I want them to hear us, our reasons for wanting the OLD TT back, and what the community will do to make sure it happens.

I for one would want to give a personal appeal to the people responsible for these decisions. I know that I for one have a lot of memories of this map. I used to play it with a late friend that passed away near the beginning of last year. We would play from when we got out of school until 3 in the morning, non-stop on this map.

I've never been one for the Summoner's Rift map, the games are too long and there is too much player variation that just creates too much friction between players. I also have never been too fond of Dominion, because, well, you either like it or you don't, and I don't.

When you removed my Twisted Treeline that I have played since you could only select it in custom games, before you could even select it when searching for a game, you made me lose all will to play this game, let alone support it in any way. I will admit it, I have spent quite a bit of money on RP. Enough perhaps that if I were to put that money elsewhere that I could fund the creation of a League of Legends clone, just to play Twisted Treeline again. Since money is all it seems you care about, since you refuse to listen to the community, I vow to never spend one more penny on RP, and possibly quit League forever if we can't continue playing the map that much of the community loves and enjoys to play on.

If you want Riot, I can go ahead and send you some 2 year old recordings of my late friend and I playing this game, so you can experience what we experienced. The hardships of a gank gone wrong, the joys of 1v3 victories, and of course, the always so pleasant Victory!

[/Personal Appeal]

Feel free to post yours below guys.

Exqzr

10-26-2012

I'm totally with you man.

Not a single penny goes to Riot from me from this point forward. I still play SR and Ill still watch the tourneys. But as a paying customer I'm done with that.

I have the absolute best game experiences from any game Ive ever played from any company on the REAL TT. SR hasn't even come close to producing the same memories but there have been some alright ones.

The new SiTT won't have any. It can't. It's not designed to even be possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhäntömZ View Post
I think it is time that RIOT actually LISTENS to the community. I think it is time that they respond to threads asking questions, instead of going to other sites like Reddit and such. I want them to hear us, our reasons for wanting the OLD TT back, and what the community will do to make sure it happens.

I for one would want to give a personal appeal to the people responsible for these decisions. I know that I for one have a lot of memories of this map. I used to play it with a late friend that passed away near the beginning of last year. We would play from when we got out of school until 3 in the morning, non-stop on this map.

I've never been one for the Summoner's Rift map, the games are too long and there is too much player variation that just creates too much friction between players. I also have never been too fond of Dominion, because, well, you either like it or you don't, and I don't.

When you removed my Twisted Treeline that I have played since you could only select it in custom games, before you could even select it when searching for a game, you made me lose all will to play this game, let alone support it in any way. I will admit it, I have spent quite a bit of money on RP. Enough perhaps that if I were to put that money elsewhere that I could fund the creation of a League of Legends clone, just to play Twisted Treeline again. Since money is all it seems you care about, since you refuse to listen to the community, I vow to never spend one more penny on RP, and possibly quit League forever if we can't continue playing the map that much of the community loves and enjoys to play on.

If you want Riot, I can go ahead and send you some 2 year old recordings of my late friend and I playing this game, so you can experience what we experienced. The hardships of a gank gone wrong, the joys of 1v3 victories, and of course, the always so pleasant Victory!

[/Personal Appeal]

Feel free to post yours below guys.

Boagster

10-26-2012

This, my friends, is what we call both a constructive post and a constructive thread. It has a defined point, is clearly thought out and well written, does not flame or seethe hatred, and even beseeches others to follow suit. I think many, many forum goers can take a lesson from this post.

Many internets to you, good sir.

As far as what I have to say on the subject? I see no reason to, at the very least, put the old map in Custom Games. I think there is possibly room for both maps to coexist as playlists, but that would have to wait to see what percentage of the 3v3 playerbase honestly gives up on the new iteration of Twisted Treeline and how many non-3v3 players play it. If neither number is very high, having the two as seperate playlists would most likely be detrimental to them both. If the numbers are right, though, having the old TT as a seperate, unranked queue is a very viable option.

Another option would be to take the Quality of Life adjustments put into the new TT and have both in a two-map playlist. How to handle when the map is decided is a different story (before, to allow for optimal picking, or after, to force you to pick champions you are comfortable with on both maps).

Findoglorian

10-26-2012

I will not buy more RP until/if it comes back. Meanwhile, I am looking for another game to play that is almost as fun as TT was, so that if it doesn't come back I have something to do all day. Anyone have any thought about Diablo III?

Exqzr

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findoglorian View Post
I will not buy more RP until/if it comes back. Meanwhile, I am looking for another game to play that is almost as fun as TT was, so that if it doesn't come back I have something to do all day. Anyone have any thought about Diablo III?

heh Diablo III is fun for about 30 to 40 hours. Play Hardcore if you want to get your blood flowing.

But what is funny is that it was also quite the let down. Much like SiTT is.

PhäntömZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findoglorian View Post
A few of my friends play it, they appear to enjoy it quite a bit. RS is free tho, so I play that

MahSweets

Recruiter

10-26-2012

I have similar feelings, except my league-buddy, as I like to call him, is horrified of spiders. So There's one big reason we won't be playing the new Treeline.

PhäntömZ

10-26-2012

The only problem with the new map that I have is that it REPLACED the old TT. If they would have just released it as a new map, the community reaction would have been extremely different. I know mine would be at least.

I would play the new map quite a bit, because it is a nicely done map, a new type of game mode, but in no way IMHO a viable replacement for regular 3v3 games. What happened to Magma Chamber? Instead of making decisions only with employee input, bring in the community, THAT is how you grow a game, and a company.

Taarki

10-26-2012

I agree with phantomZ.
If they released the new map under shadow islands and didnt replace the old TT i would not be so mad right now... i would still be a loving fan of this game... but now i am stuck playing SR with people from other countrys speaking language i don't even speak and dealing with TONS of trolls. Please at least add the old map back

PhäntömZ

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taarki View Post
now i am stuck playing SR with people from other countrys speaking language i don't even speak and dealing with TONS of trolls.
^ This to an infinite degree.