Why I am VERY upset. Indisputable Evidence New 3v3 Doesn't Work

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fid Ken Sebben

10-26-2012

Ok so I checked out the new map and from the GET GO I knew it wasn't going to work just seeing the video for it. Let me just start by saying there was a few improvements but over all . . . not likin what ima seein. At first glance you can tell the game is going to be a cluster f*** because of how you prioritize objectives. You have 3 major points about as far away from each other as they can be (spider, alters) which causes a lot of just random runnin around capturing ****. This also, and a lot of people are gonna just hate me for this, causes your team to run around with out teaming up or laning. The LoL community isn't the brightest bunch, now they just have more reason to never team fight. The spider isn't even touchable till much higher levels which makes the top of the jungle an untouched place till later in the game and usually youre going to want 3 champions to take him down, unless MUCH higher levels are achieved. This just doesn't sit right with me. It makes the middle a funnel of crazy death fights with tons of minions that you grab with AOE agro. And those d*** alters may be the end all for me. I thought very early on that this map doesn't leave a lot of room for come backs, that fights would be very one sided, and I was right. I quickly discovered that securing both of these points makes you a crazy death machine. I managed to triple my score with Darius from some where around 8 to 25 in a matter of a few minutes. After that I was a wrecking ball that could solo their entire team and they weren't bad players either, it was just too easy to melt them to nothing when you capture those points. Not to mention they lock long enough to just make the team holding them very over powering and money grubbing sl**'s. Laning is just not as effective as an all out war in that middle with all the monsters and alters and ganks etc . . . The lanes are something to do on down time till youre boss enough to just blow through towers. I did manage to have a successful laning game, but each team just had an unspoken agreement to not screw with each others alters and stay in lane. The bushes are pretty insane too (have lots of fun rengar). I know they were going for a more fast paced 3v3 but when it comes to the LoL community, simpler is better and one sided fights are not at all a good time. Games shouldn't be determined in 6 minutes. Again, there are some things I do like about it. Although I don't really like the idea of random insanity I kinda like it, the base turret isn't right next to the spawn point which is my favorite lil fix, the extra money is a great change from the always seen boots and 3 health pots (creativity is fun) and I like the speed boost in the middle because I have seen it used effectively and not just in a generic sense. Ever seen a teemo shroom it up or a Shurelya's combined with it. Not crazy about it though in this map cause again those da** alters. But seriously . . . give us back twisted treeline.

Boagster

10-26-2012

Wall of text. Man, seriously, have you ever heard of the Return/Enter key? Going to give this a go, though. Edit when I'm done.

NOW THAT I'VE READ IT:

I may be extrapolating something that you didn't mean, but it sounds to me like your game focused a ton on the altars and hardly on lane. This will cause a chaotic mess in the jungle, but is by no means the only way to play the map, nor what I've found to be optimal.

Try talking to your teammates about altar control - not the idea of controlling as many altars as possible at any time, but controlling the flow of altars. I've found it often better to let the other team initiate on your altar. Gank them at that point. Someone with a decent displacement move is a very good idea here (Singed, Alistar, Blitzcrank... hell, even Galio ults work). Assuming there are three of them there and that all three of you hit them at the same time (which you should be doing), two will likely come off platform to fight while the third can be thrown off to reset the timer. Win fight, grab their altar. If they don't show up with all three, it's even easier.

If you don't think you can win the fight, let them take it. They get a buff, you got some farm while they were doing it, which will hopefully make up for the lost +4 GP/10. Their altar is still open, though. Try to get them to fight on your terms at that point. Baiting, ganking if they go back to their respective lanes, counter ganking if they gank without all three. The idea here is to win a fight so you can even the altars again. Now that you their altar, prepare for yours to unlock. Don't rush it right away, though. Again, wait for the right moment to MINIMIZE the chances of a teamfight there.

While I have not played many matches on the new TT (a quality pretty much everyone shares at this point), I have only lost one match so far, which I attribute to not focusing on teamfighting at the altars.

HowDoIMacro

10-26-2012

tl;dr

if you think it doesnt work, then dont play

its barely been out for 3 days...Stop all this qq and give it a few weeks

Boagster

10-26-2012

Also... anecdotal evidence, as yours is, is always disputable.

mastersmash

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fid Ken Sebben View Post
The LoL community isn't the brightest bunch
in·dis·put·a·ble (nd-spyt-bl)
adj.
Beyond dispute or doubt; undeniable: indisputable evidence.

you have proven yourself the idiot, congratulations.

My3kGT

10-26-2012

Quote:

Don't need a few weeks to see this map is a joke. It's simply a race to get the alters, because whoever has the alters, gets snowballed. With not a lot of space to run, few places to hide, no warding, no choke points and no way to turtle, this map becomes a matter of whoever has the biggest gun wins. At least the old TT had strategy and more evenly paced. Good job ****ing over the die hard 3v3 players Riot.

Fid Ken Sebben

10-26-2012

lol the entire reason I used that word is so the amazing community would read it. and as of 13 hours ago, 86% of the forums were about how much the map sucked. Hardly any one is happy, and I will never be

Taarki

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDoIMacro View Post
tl;dr

thing is... half to 2/3 the TT population will quit by 1 week becuase they find the game boring as hell