The Altars..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GRRgamel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

I think i speak for many people when I say that we truly despise the addition of these capture points in our miniature Summoner's Rift. I understand that you've added them in to add new objectives to the map and to promote more teamfights.

With that being said, I think simple monster buffs would have sufficed to add objectives to the game mode (even though these objectives use to be Dragon, Towers, Inhibitors and ultimately The Nexus.) Furthermore, I believe the good people of TT are plenty capable of arranging their own confrontations at their own leisure. The addition of the Altars are taking away from the laning phase and creating far too much emphasis on skirmishes over these points. They have changed the playstyle of TT all together. It had such a cult following because it was a miniaturized Summoner's Rift, but with the capture points added, it's nothing more than a team death match until one team has snowballed itself to victory and can completely roll over the other teams face and through their towers.

Tanky Deeps are now more powerful than ever.. sitting upon their thrones and laughing as you try to push them off. It's not a fun game when there is zero chance of a comeback and you still have to wait 20 minutes to surrender. And i say zero chance of a comeback because if your team insists on trying to vie for the capture points and they continuously lose, not only does the enemy team get the advantage of the buffs, but the EXTRA extra gold for killing you multiple times.

If I were to change anything, it would be the importance of these Altars, because i'm quite sure you won't just up and remove them. They play too much importance and destroy anything even closely reminiscent of "classic" play. The team wide buff contributes to this. Making them monster buffs would not only solve this problem, but solve problems with the jungle and jungling role as well.

If you have any contstructive criticism to input yourself (seeing as how Riot deletes threads that are less than "nicely worded") i urge you to do so.

HowDoIMacro

10-26-2012

The map has been out for barley 3 days...Give it some time!

Ragers/trolls are worse than altar problems/snowballing

XxBaLaKxX

10-26-2012

the map has been out for three days longer than it deserved to live, at least with the twisted treeline title, call it whatever you want and keep it be we liked twisted treeline and a simple graphics update would have sufficed for us. also i hate the altars too

GRRgamel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDoIMacro View Post

it was also out a week prior to this on the PBE.. and that's when i started my original thread.. really confused and honestly a little heartbroken that riot would out right delete my thread.

Boagster

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRRgamel View Post
And i say zero chance of a comeback because if your team insists on trying to vie for the capture points and they continuously lose, not only does the enemy team get the advantage of the buffs, but the EXTRA extra gold for killing you multiple times.
I think therein lies a bigger problem. The attitude of MUST HAVE BUFFS. Try to get your teammates to focus on controlling one altar. If the game opens up so that you have an easy capture on the second, take it. If the other team has both buffs, make sure you fight them on your terms, not theres. Stay away from the altars at that point until you can harass / kill them enough to grab one. Staying alive and continuing to farm, even if you are getting less gold than your opponents, is far more important than possibly throwing the game because you fought the enemy when and where they were expecting you.

Kinsley

10-26-2012

I have found the same issues with the altars. I like everything else. If they wanted a new play style they should have made an entirely new map for that instead of ruining an old one. I admit I haven't played much of the new TT and keep being told that I need to keep practicing, but, again, the play style changed to one I don't like so why practice something that you won't enjoy?

UglyPete

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDoIMacro View Post

I have yet to play a game where people were satisfied after playing it. The constant team fighting in/around the jungle with little vision makes for some of the most unfun gameplay I have ever experienced in LOL. Win or lose I don't feel good about the game at all. The map has so little going for it when it comes to clever play that I feel bored after just a handful of games.

Not only is the map boring but it's color is dull gray. The old TT had pinks, blues, and greens. This reminds me of ever new FPS with 100 shades of brown...

Scheunemeister

10-26-2012

i agree with the original post. i play League for a good amount of my time, and most of that playing was done on the old treeline. i think the old treeline was fine how it was, wards and all. the "revamp" offers very little vision of the map and the altars, i utterly despise. the introduction of altars has changed the treeline head over heels, and turned it into a simple Dominion type play style, to have constant control of the points. i cannot even fathom relating this in any way to anything Twisted Treeline.

Boagster

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZSCHEUNE View Post
i agree with the original post. i play League for a good amount of my time, and most of that playing was done on the old treeline. i think the old treeline was fine how it was, wards and all. the "revamp" offers very little vision of the map and the altars, i utterly despise. the introduction of altars has changed the treeline head over heels, and turned it into a simple Dominion type play style, to have constant control of the points. i cannot even fathom relating this in any way to anything Twisted Treeline.
If you are constantly fighting over the altars, I think you are doing it wrong. Haven't fought much at all over the altars (instead, capturing them after a successful teamfight) and have only lost one game so far. I think people are placing an undue priority on a secondary objective.

GRRgamel

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boagster View Post
If you are constantly fighting over the altars, I think you are doing it wrong. Haven't fought much at all over the altars (instead, capturing them after a successful teamfight) and have only lost one game so far. I think people are placing an undue priority on a secondary objective.
it's only a secondary objective to some extent. when you realize how much of an advantage capturing both of the points are, then you'll understand.