I love it (And so should you)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

turbOpun

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

I loved it on PBE and I love it now, and I think I will love it forever. Aside from the fact that I cant play with 4 other people (like on the Rift) I want to play this map almost exclusively. However I gotta keep that Solo Queue elo up too (sigh).

Anyway I think this iteration of Twisted Treeline is a massive success and I am pleased as punch that Riot decided to make this move. I'm seeing a lot of mad 'people' (I'm 21 and I'm tempted to call them kids cause they are whining like children) doing nothing but complaining about how terrible they think new Twisted Treeline is. I don't agree with them or the message they are sending...

The message that Riot doesn't know what they are doing. They do. That should be all I have to say about it, no justification needed, as if you know anything about this game or followed the Championship at all, you realize that Riot has mad vision and they are on a path of greatness and/or world domination.

Don't hate, appreciate.

Texas Turbanator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

How exactly is it a "massive" success? lol how do you not see the massive backlash over it?
News Flash: Most people would choose the old map over this one if it was put to the vote!

Grey Fawkes

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarsofpride View Post
How exactly is it a "massive" success? lol how do you not see the massive backlash over it?
News Flash: Most people would choose the old map over this one if it was put to the vote!
I'm actually interested in seeing how many people like it and how many people hate it. Would probably be best to host a poll in General Discussion and one here.

Pip Pirrup

10-26-2012

First off, I am glad you are voicing your opinion on the new layout/map overhaul. But to just immediately call others chilrdren because their views don't match your own is simply being, well to put it bluntly, a jerk. Not EVERYBODY is complaining how terrible it is (mind you I am 25 so my opion > yours by your standards) They are merely voicing OPINIONS as the map has been clearly referenced as a BETA multiple times. Note that if something is in beta? The developers tend to want feedback from the general population, not just 1-2 people who like or dislike the concept.

Food for thought for a troll, I walked over your bridge.

Grey Fawkes

10-26-2012

@Pip Pirrup - He stated he was tempted to call them children because of the nature of their arguments. Most of the negative feedback threads consist of appeals to tradition and posts of "It sucks and I hate it" without giving any legitimate reasons as to why.

The fact that you stated your own age and called him a jerk without understanding his context is, to put it bluntly, being a jerk. Your closing statement doesn't help your case either.

turbOpun

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarsofpride View Post
A bunch of people are making hate threads, sure, but the people who enjoy it are busy playing it. Show me proof of this alleged 'Most people' group and I'll believe you (assuming the evidence is worthwhile) but until then I'm just going to stick to my original sentiment. Riot knows what they are doing.

As for all this "ITS TOO MUCH LIKE DOMINION WAHHH" stuff, nobody would be saying that if Dominion hadn't been released. They would likely be enjoying the new map objectives and the speed buff in the center of the map, not to mention the awesome new boss. Furthermore, it is still a game of winning fights, breaking turrets, and destroying the Nexus at your own hand.

Whatever people's issues with the Altars are, I don't understand at all. Lizzard was removed, and (more or less) in its place we have the Altars. What is so flawed about them? Or the map in general? So many of the toxic properties of the old Twisted Treeline have been remedied.

turbOpun

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pip Pirrup View Post
First off, I am glad you are voicing your opinion on the new layout/map overhaul.
Thanks.

Quote:
to just immediately call others chilrdren because their views don't match your own is simply being, well to put it bluntly, a jerk.
I didn't call them children. And if anything that behavior you described would be childish

Quote:
(mind you I am 25 so my opinion* > yours by your standards)
False, I was saying that I was literally a child only a few years ago, and that I am still tempted to call them immature.

Quote:
The developers tend to want feedback from the general population, not just 1-2 people who like or dislike the concept.
This is my feedback... If you think this is trolling I would hate to see your face on a site like 4chan, or even Fox News.

Grey Fawkes

10-26-2012

@turbOpun - I guess people make the connection between the Dominion capture points and the altars because they are stationary objectives and not targetable units. The funny thing is that they aren't really much different than Red/Blue Buff, Dragon, and Baron; you don't have to acquire them to win, but it is a pretty good idea to do so.

turbOpun

10-26-2012

@Grey - I think they serve an excellent purpose and instead of fighting over Red buff and praying for the better timed smite you get to have skirmishes for a capture point that grants vision.

EDIT: Also, there's only 1 red buff, but there are two altars.

Grey Fawkes

10-26-2012

@turbOpun - Indeed. I personally love the altars, and I think they make the map much more strategic than before.