3's Plat Player Opinion on New TT (Wall of Text)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Based Nasus

Senior Recruiter

10-26-2012

Honestly this should of been called the shadow isles instead of twisted treeline. Hope they change this so you can choose to do this map or the old TT

Arrya

10-26-2012

I would think riot has a big enough player base to let us decide what map we want to play without "dividing communities". We don't need to be spoonfed. The game is big enough to support multiple maps.

The Harlequin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

Could not agree more with OP. What were they thinking? So many fun games played on old TT and now I don't even know what I'm doing on LoL anymore.

Haeval

10-26-2012

BUMP. bring back the old TT.

We all thought the new TT was going to be a few minor changes, etc. I personally thought, when I saw the new TT on pbe, that new TT was going to be a new map, not replace the old one. It was too different to assume otherwise.

Now I will not play the new TT. The only reason I don't like playing 5v5's is that there is more of a chance for trolls when you solo que. Now, though, facing the occasional troll is far better than playing this crappy dominionline.

fiddlesticksssss

10-26-2012

This idea i liked the most. I can't speak for everyone, but if they insist that old TT stays gone, this would help me personally the most in playing the new map.

Quote:
Nome said they had another idea, but it wasn't as "good" as altars. His idea was that there were set lanterns around the map and you would catch them for vision with oil. I would rather have those lanterns be 2 minutes long, oil cost 50-75 gold, and have a top jungle. In my opinion i could (can't speak for everyone) easily live without old TT if that was the case on this map. I do love all the changes to it, other than stale jungling and the altars. Oh and lack of top jungle.

infinite azure

10-26-2012

The most unsavory part of these changes is the date. 10 Days till the end of the season, "nope we're changing it to an entirely new map!" so all those people who now are having to read "give it time you'll figure out how the new one works" are basically reading "we just threw you under the bus, try figuring out how to counter the broken as **** strats on this broken as **** map in 10 days!"

The probably most INSULTING part, is Vesh and the other rioters and high rated players who played the map before beta making ranked teams to stomp the teams trying to figure out what's going on. I think Riot owes most of the TT players an apology for even playing ranked right now after causing this mess. And also from their supposed variety they only used varied teamcomps to pubstomp low elos, as soon as they passed a moderate elo they swapped to all bruiser comps.

Their map is MORE broken than old TT, cause at least in old TT varied team comps worked past gold.

fiddlesticksssss

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ┼zure View Post
The most unsavory part of these changes is the date. 10 Days till the end of the season, "nope we're changing it to an entirely new map!" so all those people who now are having to read "give it time you'll figure out how the new one works" are basically reading "we just threw you under the bus, try figuring out how to counter the broken as **** strats on this broken as **** map in 10 days!"

The probably most INSULTING part, is Vesh and the other rioters and high rated players who played the map before beta making ranked teams to stomp the teams trying to figure out what's going on. I think Riot owes most of the TT players an apology for even playing ranked right now after causing this mess. And also from their supposed variety they only used varied teamcomps to pubstomp low elos, as soon as they passed a moderate elo they swapped to all bruiser comps.

Their map is MORE broken than old TT, cause at least in old TT varied team comps worked past gold.
What is worse they said this map will "change the viability of champ" yet they only spam shen/darius/ and lee sin. Don't see no viability changed yet....

Alaric11

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ┼zure View Post

I cannot agree with this more.

TrundleIsATown

10-26-2012

While I agree with most of this, especially the bit about the items and altars, I'd like to address what you said about the spider and the jungle.

I have been playing a lot of ranked since the new map release (I played a decent amount of 3v3 before the change too). Admittedly this has been at relatively low elo, but in the games I've played we've had spider taken from us once without us knowing. Once. It is glaringly obvious when the enemy is trying to go for spider and we have had to resort to only trying it when we have at least a 3-2 advantage or have their top lane pushed past the first tower while they're out of position because if you get caught doing it, depending on how far through you are and how early it is there is a real chance of losing it. I am not sure how I feel about absolutely NO wards, but I don't see them as necessary for the sole purpose of controlling spider.
Also I don't know about shaco because we don't play him but Vietmaw is incredibly strong especially with the AOE damage, even with the damage of 2 lanterns (which is almost essential for taking it at lv10) you still need people swapping the damage target just to survive it. If shaco is the only person capable of soloing it at 10 (I doubt anyone else could) then he's probably a worthy permaban and that needs a fix.

On what you said about the jungle, I can somewhat agree or at least understand where you're coming from but:
1. You talk about warding taking skill. I straight up have a problem with this. You learn where to ward, then you pay 75 to prevent a gank, or 125g to counter ward. This is not skill (or not high skill) it's just another thing to do. I understand some people might genuinely enjoy counter warding and all that but it does not take skill. The other problem with wards is the same as your problem with alters. If one team is snowballing and capable of pushing, they can just ward an uncontested map and you can't push out without getting ganked in the old 3s map.
2. You said there is no skill to jungling because of these "accidental-spottings." I agree that accidental spotting takes no skill, but playing around this possibility does. That's also why there is a speed relic. You grab that and if you have a 2 man gank on bot lane, even if they spot you they can't withstand a 3 man collapse on bot lane with a speed buff, you're getting a kill. It's once the lane isn't centered but pushed toward their tower that ganking becomes difficult, but ganking someone on the tower was difficult in old 3s and SR because of wards too.

Overall, I'm not sure how I feel about the new 3s map. There are features I like and features I don't. What I'm most disappointed in is the fact that these new items feed the old tanky dps meta and don't actually open up new team comps. I mean they've blatantly said they've added items like that AD spellvamp one that are GOOD for champions like Darius who is already op. And all the other old 3s op champs are still OP, they haven't changed the meta just the map. This is what I want addressed. I enjoyed the old meta but having actual possibilities in a team comp instead of just having whoever gets Lee Sin/Jax/etc wins would be nice.

EDIT: just as a side note I don't care if they fix the meta problems on the old map or the new one, but if they're going to claim to open up more viable team comps then just don't, I have a problem with that.

infinite azure

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrundleIsATown View Post
1. You talk about warding taking skill. I straight up have a problem with this. You learn where to ward, then you pay 75 to prevent a gank, or 125g to counter ward. This is not skill (or not high skill) it's just another thing to do. I understand some people might genuinely enjoy counter warding and all that but it does not take skill. The other problem with wards is the same as your problem with alters. If one team is snowballing and capable of pushing, they can just ward an uncontested map and you can't push out without getting ganked in the old 3s map.

2. You said there is no skill to jungling because of these "accidental-spottings." I agree that accidental spotting takes no skill, but playing around this possibility does. That's also why there is a speed relic. You grab that and if you have a 2 man gank on bot lane, even if they spot you they can't withstand a 3 man collapse on bot lane with a speed buff, you're getting a kill. It's once the lane isn't centered but pushed toward their tower that ganking becomes difficult, but ganking someone on the tower was difficult in old 3s and SR because of wards too.
Warding diversified strategies, because without them you can't run anything that can't either straight up 2v1 early game or escape a gank cause it's basically impossible to lane safely on this map.

This eliminates squishies as potential laners unless you luck out and the enemy team is stupid and doesn't camp the free kill squishy all day.