Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The Altars..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JoshTree2

Recruiter

10-26-2012

i hate the new TT

Boagster

10-26-2012

Quote:
GRRgamel:
it's only a secondary objective to some extent. when you realize how much of an advantage capturing both of the points are, then you'll understand.

I have, and I still stand by my point. My number one priority is getting to and taking down the enemy Nexus. My goals in order to make this a reality are, in order of importance:
  1. Engage in teamfights on my terms in order to maximize success
  2. Defend the altar nearest my team without feeding the enemy
  3. Capture altars when it is safe to do so, trying to avoid instigating a teamfight by standing on an enemy altar
  4. Farm

I try to communicate with my team so we are all on the same page. Guess what? Only one loss so far. Two of my victories were with a champion I've only ever played once before.

Yes, the altars are important, but I don't mind conceding one now in order to get better positioning in an upcoming teamfight. I will not feed just to protect the altars.

samlovemetal

10-26-2012

Dude wtf noooooooooooooooooooooooooo. I dont play 5's i played 3's exclusively and these altars are ****ing lame, man. Other changes were nice but this is just stupid. This is not dominion and we dont need this **** here. Wheres the ****ing lane phase? Why cant I play Alistair anymore? Why did you do this? This is not some ****ing arcade mode, riot. It was a mini summoners rift.

Devakadin

10-26-2012

I kinda like the idea of the optional altars, but I think when a team has both captured the buff is too strong, can turn tides easily. I think both altars should just be +4 gold per kill and when you have both you get +8. That way people will still go for them but some may focus on lanes more and take the 1:1 altar. Just my opinion, Thanks.

fiddlesticksssss

10-26-2012

Quote:
HowDoIMacro:
The map has been out for barley 3 days...Give it some time!

Ragers/trolls are worse than altar problems/snowballing

People have been complaining about this map before it even went live, which is like a week ago. So wtf?

Edit: Nome said they had another idea, but it wasn't as "good" as altars. His idea was that there were set lanterns around the map and you would catch them for vision with oil. I would rather have those lanterns be 2 minutes long, oil cost 50-75 gold, and have a top jungle. In my opinion i could (can't speak for everyone) easily live without old TT if that was the case on this map. I do love all the changes to it, other than stale jungling and the altars. Oh and lack of top jungle.

Boagster

10-26-2012

Quote:
samlovemetal:
This is not dominion and we dont need this **** here.

Quote:
It was a mini summoners rift.

This is still not Dominion. Actually, I think this is a step towards Summoner's Rift. The new altars, when played strategically and not running around like a bunch of blind monkeys, serve very much the same purpose as blue, red or dragon, as far as map design goes. They are secondary objectives that can give your team an advantage when taken safely, or lead to a big play by the other team if you are careless.

Quote:
Wheres the ****ing lane phase? Why cant I play Alistair [sic] anymore? Why did you do this? This is not some ****ing arcade mode, riot.

The lane phase could still exist, but too many people are either confused or are taking advantage of the confusion, wandering around the map aimlessly or to slaughter those wandering, respectively. We won't know until the dust settles some more. The "arcadey" feel of this is probably resultant from the same.

Also, if I'm not mistaken about what you mean, Alistar* was only disabled because of a bug revolving around him and a few other champs. I actually do not know what champs were disabled, so correct me if I'm wrong.

fiddlesticksssss

10-26-2012

here is your thread http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2695087&highlight=grrgamel

GRRgamel

10-26-2012

Quote:
samlovemetal:
Dude wtf noooooooooooooooooooooooooo. I dont play 5's i played 3's exclusively and these altars are ****ing lame, man. Other changes were nice but this is just stupid. This is not dominion and we dont need this **** here. Wheres the ****ing lane phase? Why cant I play Alistair anymore? Why did you do this? This is not some ****ing arcade mode, riot. It was a mini summoners rift.

this isn't really constructive. riot will skim right over your post as soon as they see all the asterisks. please try to put together a cognitive thought.

GRRgamel

10-26-2012

Quote:
fiddlesticksssss:
here is your thread http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2695087&highlight=grrgamel

where did you find this? i went through ten pages and did multiple searches to no avail.

fiddlesticksssss

10-26-2012

Quote:
GRRgamel:
where did you find this? i went through ten pages and did multiple searches to no avail.

Copied your name and pasted it in the search box? I would be lying if i said riot didn't try to bury your thread though, because just yesterday you were first page.