Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot Volibar just posted there not giving back out TT

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

calmdownwow

10-26-2012

Well....thats all I needed to hear to officially quit. Bye all hope you enjoy this game everybody. Thanks for the TT while it lasted

Sabotag

10-26-2012

I can't believe riot is doing this to us. you absolutely don't care about us riot, it is clear for thousands of people now.

It is time for me to find a new game i guess. League of legends = Old TT for me, and now that it's gone, league of legends is dead to me.

Taarki

Recruiter

10-26-2012

Quote:
Attilian:
Because its NOT dominion. Your goal is not to capture points to whittle the Nexus health to 0. your goal is to defeat Turrets in 2 lanes and proceed to destroy the Nexus with your own powers, not though some capture points.

Just because there are capture points does NOT make it Dominion. its the silliest argument I've heard about this the whole time.it plays NOTHING like dominion.

yes some Altar Tweaks should be in order, but seriously, saying this plays exactly like dominion is like saying LoL plays like Starcraft....

the main objective is to capture the alters... it even says it at the begginging of the game. becuase just like in dominion, whoever keeps more alters wins the game

Sloppy Tacos

10-26-2012

another good game ruined, can never find one they dont trash

CapitalLlama

10-26-2012

Quote:
pyde:
[–]Volibar 40 points 1 hour ago

When we started looking at Twisted Treeline really heavily at the beginning of this year, there were a lot of major issues that we and the community noticed. Turtling was rampant, the meta was pretty stale, and there were a pretty big number of exploits that had way too much of an impact on the game.

Sitting down to try and address these problems, there was no way to adequately address these by doing a few simple changes here and there. We tried many different layouts, some more dramatic than others, and a ton of other solutions. Buffs, items, altars, etc all play into this as well and we play tested the hell out of it the whole way with the goal of preserving the fast paced, high action 3v3 feel that we thought TT should represent.

Let's be clear, this is still Twisted Treeline, but it is a bit different and sometimes change can be a little disruptive. One of the reasons we are here today is to talk to you all directly about how to make it better as we go through the beta period, with continuing support ongoing.

parent

[–]Nocticate 14 points 1 hour ago

Can you keep the old TT as a custom game mode? I love the new TT, don't get me wrong, but I feel like playing on the old map just for nostalgia's sake would be really fun. Maybe not immediately so people don't just abandon the new map in favor of what they know already, but within a couple months?

parent

[–]Volibar 15 points 46 minutes ago

We wanted to make sure that we don't split the focus of our players for each game type. For the same reason we probably won't ever go create a 5v5 map that's really similar to SR, we didn't want to split the TT community between two maps. Especially if competitive play is to grow on TT, having two maps, even in custom games, is detrimental to that.

If it is hated enough, they may scrap their work.

fiddlesticksssss

10-26-2012

Quote:
CapitalLlama:
If it is hated enough, they may scrap their work.

That's a bad idea as well. Riot sees it wrong. They think this new map is gonna be competitive when in reality it won't be. This map is much less competitive because it requires much less strategy. They should keep this as another dominion map. This map is fun, but it will never in any way shape or form "with those altars" be able to replace TT. The change is WAY to drastic. So keep old TT and file this under dominion. Classic is for SR and SR off breeds like old TT.