Riot Volibar just posted there not giving back out TT

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pyde

10-26-2012

[]Volibar 40 points 1 hour ago

When we started looking at Twisted Treeline really heavily at the beginning of this year, there were a lot of major issues that we and the community noticed. Turtling was rampant, the meta was pretty stale, and there were a pretty big number of exploits that had way too much of an impact on the game.

Sitting down to try and address these problems, there was no way to adequately address these by doing a few simple changes here and there. We tried many different layouts, some more dramatic than others, and a ton of other solutions. Buffs, items, altars, etc all play into this as well and we play tested the hell out of it the whole way with the goal of preserving the fast paced, high action 3v3 feel that we thought TT should represent.

Let's be clear, this is still Twisted Treeline, but it is a bit different and sometimes change can be a little disruptive. One of the reasons we are here today is to talk to you all directly about how to make it better as we go through the beta period, with continuing support ongoing.

parent

[]Nocticate 14 points 1 hour ago

Can you keep the old TT as a custom game mode? I love the new TT, don't get me wrong, but I feel like playing on the old map just for nostalgia's sake would be really fun. Maybe not immediately so people don't just abandon the new map in favor of what they know already, but within a couple months?

parent

[]Volibar 15 points 46 minutes ago

We wanted to make sure that we don't split the focus of our players for each game type. For the same reason we probably won't ever go create a 5v5 map that's really similar to SR, we didn't want to split the TT community between two maps. Especially if competitive play is to grow on TT, having two maps, even in custom games, is detrimental to that.

pyde

10-26-2012

We wanted to make sure that we don't split the focus of our players for each game type. For the same reason we probably won't ever go create a 5v5 map that's really similar to SR, we didn't want to split the TT community between two maps. Especially if competitive play is to grow on TT, having two maps, even in custom games, is detrimental to that.

I find it funny that they don't want to split the 3 vs 3 players but thats what they have done with us hardcore 3 vs 3 player A. quitting LOL or moving on to 5 vs 5.

Bobbyjoe2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

The new map is dumb

fiddlesticksssss

10-26-2012

He is bad at this already. Well if that is true i am selling my account now :\. Glad to know riot hates their community and i can't wait to see how they lost more players by the end of season 3 and TT is now a wasteland of 10 minute queue times. Honestly they are 2 different maps, just like dominion and SR. I don't see why shadow isles can't be properly located under dominion. The only way i would stay is if altars were removed for the lanterns that nome spoke of, and top jungle was implemented. However i already know only Riot Vesh actually reads TT forums, so i bid you a due community, luckily i only dumped $100 and can turn a profit with my angler jax skin.

Hated Love

10-26-2012

This new map is horrible.

KabalWins

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

Well **** me don't want to "split the TT community" so instead you make us want to quit? The community has spoken, you clearly don't want what is best for the community, at least put it in customs and fix this broken map

Twilight Monkey

10-26-2012

Screw him

If he fear splitting the community he clearly implies the old map is more popular/better.

edit: sorry if my anwser lacks class, but i'm fed up with all of this.

KabalWins

10-26-2012

But true sad that no one from Riot who can make a difference will read or care about any of our concerns

Attilian

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticksssss View Post
He is bad at this already. Well if that is true i am selling my account now :\. Glad to know riot hates their community and i can't wait to see how they lost more players by the end of season 3 and TT is now a wasteland of 10 minute queue times. Honestly they are 2 different maps, just like dominion and SR. I don't see why shadow isles can't be properly located under dominion. The only way i would stay is if altars were removed for the lanterns that nome spoke of, and top jungle was implemented. However i already know only Riot Vesh actually reads TT forums, so i bid you a due community, luckily i only dumped $100 and can turn a profit with my angler jax skin.

Because its NOT dominion. Your goal is not to capture points to whittle the Nexus health to 0. your goal is to defeat Turrets in 2 lanes and proceed to destroy the Nexus with your own powers, not though some capture points.

Just because there are capture points does NOT make it Dominion. its the silliest argument I've heard about this the whole time.it plays NOTHING like dominion.

yes some Altar Tweaks should be in order, but seriously, saying this plays exactly like dominion is like saying LoL plays like Starcraft....

VIOLENTxSHINOBI

10-26-2012

I knew it. FML, can't even get it in custom games. D: