Client Will Not Launch (post-Shadow Isles patch)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Berghel

10-26-2012

After my client showed the NA server as "unavailable" several times earlier today (the game was working fine yesterday), I decided to uninstall the game, then re-download it and try it again.

Now the client won't start at all--it doesn't even get to the update screen like it should.

I have tried restarting my computer and it has not affected anything. I'm running the game on Windows 7. If necessary, I can include the rads_user_kernel file for the last time I tried to run the game. Please help!

Lord Berghel

10-26-2012

Bump because the problem still isn't fixed.

Lord Berghel

10-27-2012

bump again

laib laus

10-27-2012

Bump
I have a similar problem, the client won't pop up after I click 'Play' on the launcher.

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled LoL, but that doesn't seem to help. Can anyone help me?

Edit:this guy here is also having the same problem as me, I guess it's not just me then?
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2732203

TyroneBanks

10-27-2012

I have a problem like this, but when I run the launcher as administrator, the logo flashes and the program fails to start. I have checked my task manager and there are no Lol programs running before or after the startup of the launcher. My firewall is not blocking Lol or pando and it is off. Reinstalled 3x this morning and same problem. Restarted PC several times.

laib laus

10-27-2012

I dunno is this will help, but try getting the files from a friend you know that plays LoL, I got it from my cousin since his files seem to work but not mine...

TyroneBanks

10-27-2012

That sucks cus I happen to be in aspen for a family vacation for the next week so getting files from a friend will be difficult :l. Needless to say, but this current patch has been a btch for a lot of players.

Lord Berghel

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyroneBanks View Post
when I run the launcher as administrator, the logo flashes and the program fails to start. I have checked my task manager and there are no Lol programs running before or after the startup of the launcher. My firewall is not blocking Lol or pando and it is off. Reinstalled 3x this morning and same problem. Restarted PC several times.
This is the exact same problem I've been having, actually.

Again, I can post RADS kernel if it helps anyone figure out what is going on.

Averett Battista

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by laib laus View Post
Bump
I have a similar problem, the client won't pop up after I click 'Play' on the launcher.

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled LoL, but that doesn't seem to help. Can anyone help me?

Edit:this guy here is also having the same problem as me, I guess it's not just me then?
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2732203
yeah your certainly not alone, I'm having the exact same problem. i have reinstalled so many times too and still nothing

Lord Berghel

10-29-2012

Turns out uninstalling, deleting the files, and reinstalling again fixes the problem (at least it worked for me).

EDIT: Only now I seem to have run into another problem: It downloads everything and installs the whole patch, then resets to the start of "Step 2" and gives me either 0:00 or negative time remaining to finish patching. I came across this before with the Lulu patch. wat

EDIT 2: Electric Boogaloo *shot*
Turns out if you're patient enough, LoL will finish updating anyway. Who knew?