3 doran's blade combo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pieson

10-02-2010

So I've been watching the WCG and it seems that practically every single Ranged DPS carry gets the 3 doran's blades to start. how good of an idea is that, and should it be used in games that aren't world-class rank?

Alex Pan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2010

You stack Doran's items when you're going for something expensive early on. Most ranged DPSers rush IE

reaver99

10-02-2010

Doran's items are very cost effective, and since many high-level games are decided early on, the waste of a slot doesn't matter.

Kritara

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2010

Not to mention it's 360 health, 18 dmg, and 12% life steal for a mere 1200 gold or so. Your looking at 950g with 2 ruby crystals for 350 health, 975 for a pick axe for 25 atk dmg or 930 for 20 dmg from 2 long swords, 450g for 12% life steal from a vamp scepter. You'll see it's quite cost effective to get 3 doran blades, which you'll just sell back eventually for 1/2 the gold back.

Sallad Hunter

10-02-2010

Almost as good as four rings!

FountainSquatter

10-02-2010

i started using 2-3 doran blades in my games as pantheon and i must say the benefits are VERY noticeable. being a relatively squishy melee dps (less than 1k hp early mid game), 2 doran blades gives me just enough health and ad to keep me 1 step ahead of other dps champs. sure it delays my brutalizer or lw but it makes up for it even if u dont sell it

TL Frolo

10-02-2010

each dorans blade costs about 300 gold to you after you sell them, so they are better then elixers because they last longer

Phoxly

10-02-2010

I hope they nerf it. Get a real strategy.

Leirkov

10-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoxly View Post
I hope they nerf it. Get a real strategy.
Lol.

#1 troll.

larkhill

10-02-2010

this really only works in games where they end early and get going relatively quickly. in a long 5v5 game where u can get 1 or 2 items before full teamfights begin, u shouldnt need to do this.