Glad to be a dominioner!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TCWA Tigerbite

10-26-2012

Have you seen the TT forums? It's like a battleground. Blood shed everywhere. I like my cozy comfy dominion forums. <3

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

Yeah I have tried to post some here and there in the TT forums, but there is just so much blind rage at the map change.

"IT'S JUST LIKE DOMINION, YOU CAPTURE ALTARS"... blah blah blah

TCWA Tigerbite

10-26-2012

lol, yeah. I'm just sitting there laughing at their comparisons to dominion. If anything it's more like SR with how the jungle/ganking is now. Not to mention if you get aced after 20 minutes, games over (assuming you have an AD.) Those towers fall so fast.

But then again, they did get a speed shrine in the middle of the map, so it must be exactly like dominion! =x

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyx87 View Post
Yeah I have tried to post some here and there in the TT forums, but there is just so much blind rage at the map change.

"IT'S JUST LIKE DOMINION, YOU CAPTURE ALTARS"... blah blah blah

You forgot "Dominion is a fail wayside Mode Nu wan plays i despise it and Treeline is nao Mini Dominion change back so i can abuse turtling again blah blah blah ", i Honestly didn't expect treeline people to be that sheep ._., guess i was completly wrong .

although now that i think of it i'd be mad if they added a Dragon right in the middle of the storm buff, would be such a noobtrap that would cost you more games than win you games, just like Altars .

edit: Second and possibly more accurate Theory is that Sr players were illusioned on having another map where they could force their meta and when Riot delivered the opposite they cried, just check the 3s chat, every Diamond player there says the same thing people whning at forums at the moment are people that were never there before.
that argument of "treeline was supposed to be mini sr" is actually non-beliavable either because Treeline players actually hate Summonner's rift even more than us
SO yes
Sr player posing as treeline Player: "wtf Riot you promised new classic map and i can't force my Meta there you fail, i play mainstream mode i'm entitled to get content where to force Meta @ solomid blah blah blah"

HaIfhearted

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infirc View Post
You forgot "Dominion is a fail wayside Mode Nu wan plays i despise it and Treeline is nao Mini Dominion change back so i can abuse turtling again blah blah blah ", i Honestly didn't expect treeline people to be that sheep ._., guess i was completly wrong .
Nah, its probably just the people trying to hop on the bandwagon who have no clue wtf they're doing who are spouting that sort of garbage.
Probably....

TCWA Tigerbite

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infirc View Post

although now that i think of it i'd be mad if they added a Dragon right in the middle of the sorm buff, would be such a noobtrap that would cost you more games than it should, just like Altars .

I played 1 game on the new TT Map (Maybe 3-4 over the past 1-2 years of the old map.)

And me and one of my teammates died. Our 3rd, what's he try to do? Capture our alter. I'm like NOOOO GET BACK TO TOWER AND DEFEND! He died.

Luckily, I'm an epic Ashe on TT (suck with her on dom), flashed over the wall once spawning, arrowed them attacking our nexus. Aced. Ran to their side and won! Or something along those lines. It was pretty epicness though.

Sakuri Ono

10-26-2012

Personally I kind of like the new TT slightly better than Dominion because of how different it is than Dominion. Most of early-mid game seems to revolve around 3v3 fights in the middle both for Altar control and for the opening to maintain your lanes gank-free for 10-15 seconds; the super fast respawn timer pretty much ensure that. It gives you enough time to actually learn the enemy's patterns and penalizes you with the much bigger respawn time late game if you haven't built/played to counter them.

Dominion feels more like it's a Siege the Castle game. So many of the fights are one sided 1-2+Turretv4 or 4v1-2 + Turret. TT actually encourages equal ground fighting (assuming both Altars or Vilemaw isn't in anyone's favor). Which is so different from Dominion that I can't help but laugh every time I see 'TT is now Dom!' in that forum.

FOODFOOD

10-26-2012

I love the new TT so far. Pretty fun!

But yes, those forumers are a bunch of sheeple. It's change they can't believe in.

I don't like the speed shrine though... I can understand the frustration there. The map is so small, it seems oddly placed and unnecessary.

Galgus

10-26-2012

Bunch of people automatically calling the new map Dominion in their outrage- and some saying Dominion is bad with no arguments in support.

That said, I can sympathize with them- their old, beloved map is getting replaced by something entirely new under the pretense of an overhaul.

I'd probably be up in arms if it happened to our map.

And personally, I probably won't be playing much of the new TT for the same reasons I didn't play on the old one: the Meta is far too strict, and my Veigar just doesn't have a role there.

Rebel Dragon

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galgus View Post

And personally, I probably won't be playing much of the new TT for the same reasons I didn't play on the old one: the Meta is far too strict, and my Veigar just doesn't have a role there.
I played some Coop vs Ai on TT on PBE; Veigar bot is friggin scary. Give him a try perhaps?