@Riot, you've decimated this map

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

itsboomtime

10-26-2012

This map, which you have deemed an "updated" version of Twisted Treeline, is in fact not at all TT, but a new map which appears to be a terribly attempted cross-over with Dominion.

• The way you've altered itemization has crippled many champions.
  • The way you've "redesigned" the jungle has made it so that A LOT of the actual fighting happens in there and laning is virtually a thing of the past.
  • You've made it so that anybody and their mother can escape any situation, as there are about four different directions at which one can go at any given time.
  • The Alter addition is simply atrocious. If I wanted to play "capture the node," I would play Dominion.
  • You've made it so that actual strategy, coordination, and map positioning is irrelevant in favor of constant invasion. It is simply too easy to get around.

This is in NO way the "Twisted Treeline" that we are used to. To sum it up, it's bad and you should feel bad for implementing it. Also, it is an atrocious decision to have this map completely override the "classic" version. If you make the ill-advised choice to keep this updated TT, at least put in the option for players to be able to play the old version. I think you'll be surprised on just how many people give this new update the middle finger in favor of what, to me, is clearly the better map.

Galinheiro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

I strongly disagree, and you shouldn't attack riot for trying to make us happy, even if you think they failed.

itsboomtime

10-26-2012

Sorry, I thought I was allowed to have my own opinion.

Galinheiro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsboomtime View Post
You are, and I disagree with it. Just don't tell riot that they should feel bad for revamping something.

EarthruneSkarner

10-26-2012

This isn't very constructive. How have they crippled many champions with the itemization? Are there other ways to deal with the altars without an outright removal? How could they add strategy back into the game?

LawlerBrawler

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthruneSkarner View Post
This isn't very constructive. How have they crippled many champions with the itemization? Are there other ways to deal with the altars without an outright removal? How could they add strategy back into the game?
^
This thread doesn't really differentiate itself from all the other "OMG Riot you ruined my fav map" threads

Ferrali

10-26-2012

I have to agree that I highly dislike the new map. I used to play TT all the time and now I just don't want to play it anymore. They have indeed ruined the map. I wish they'd bring the old one back too. :/

Akutalji

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsboomtime View Post
You are, but wether or not people agree with you is completely another question altogether.

Riot is trying to please the masses, as every game does. One person complaining will not change that.

Lemme know when you get more summoners to rage with your cause. Maybe then something can be implemented.

Until then, this is the direction Riot is going, many people like it, some don't.

Exqzr

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akutalji View Post
You are, but wether or not people agree with you is completely another question altogether.

Riot is trying to please the masses, as every game does. One person complaining will not change that.

Lemme know when you get more summoners to rage with your cause. Maybe then something can be implemented.

Until then, this is the direction Riot is going, many people like it, some don't.
Keeping both maps pleases the masses.

Tell me why one has to replace the other?

I am big fan of Riot, but this feels like a shaft. I want a 3 v 3 version of SR.

Some of you will like this 3 v 3 mutated Hybrid of Dominion and Treeline.

But for me all of the good things of the old TT are gone and all of the bad things about DM are in.

I actually prefer DM over this new TT. How is what has happened "listening" to the customers?

Akutalji

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exqzr View Post
Keeping both maps pleases the masses.

Tell me why one has to replace the other?

I am big fan of Riot, but this feels like a shaft. I want a 3 v 3 version of SR.

Some of you will like this 3 v 3 mutated Hybrid of Dominion and Treeline.

But for me all of the good things of the old TT are gone and all of the bad things about DM are in.

I actually prefer DM over this new TT. How is what has happened "listening" to the customers?
TT is still in beta, and no doubt things will change. what you say on the forums will probably be the deciding factor, just hope there are more who agree than disagree with you.