Wards

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Soup4

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle Omega View Post
Blind noobness?

If you want to talk about "Blind noobness", maybe you should be focusing on the players that put their compete reliance on wards to play the game for them. They made the map smaller, with more objectives to secure. Implementing wards on this map would just be a complete disaster. They are aiming for aggressive gameplay, not passive gameplay that will prevent objectives such as Vilemaw from even being used.

All getting rid of wards did was make it so players have to be more cautious with their gameplay, and actually rely on strategy and tactics, instead of a hunky dorey, "Oh there's a ward there, and because of it I know no one's in my jungle so I'm free to roam around without a care in the world"
Yes, because the strategy of, "hey we have both altars and one is re-opening so lets sit in this bush and kill them when they come because they have no sight" is much better? Zero strategy in that.

Triton95

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

Maybe Riot should put in wards for 75 gold and have them last for one minute instead of 3. Maybe cut the cost back to 50 so it's still an investment, and not dirt cheap.

Joe Krake

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galinheiro View Post
They have this funny little summoner spell called Clairvoyance, also there are 2 items that grant vision in the new TT map. Just saying.
so I'm forced to take a summoner spell that doesn't work as well with my champion or at worst give me less options to escape/engage. Great.

EarthruneSkarner

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triton95 View Post
Maybe Riot should put in wards for 75 gold and have them last for one minute instead of 3. Maybe cut the cost back to 50 so it's still an investment, and not dirt cheap.
I don't like the idea of lowering the duration to 1 minute. Perhaps there is a better solution?

Soup4

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triton95 View Post
If you want wards play Teemo. He is great on this map. I play a game with my friend who went jayce in top lane. We were with a Trynd. All I had to do was shroom the speed shrine, Vilemaw, and the two lanes. They couldn't take our altar. We were against a Xin, Mundo, and Vlad. Jayce and I carried hard that game. Mundo in TT is killed now because of Wicked hatchet, he must win early or else late game anybody with Wicked hatchet counters him.
I agree that teemo is good but I dont feel I should have to play him or shaco if I want sight of the mid area. Also, in ranked there is always the possibility that he will be banned.

Akutalji

10-26-2012

Gimmie wards. Even though there are areas of the map that are already granted vision (altars), these areas of vision a puny, tiny, and they have to be right ontop of it, and by then, the altar is already being capped and its too late. Jungling is also more difficult, one lane goes MIA and you're forced back to a turret or a teammate. You CAN play a champ with vision abilities (Maokai, Lux, Teemo, Shaco) but other than that, you're in the dark.

Quote:
it's about playing bruisers, taking alters and derping around for 30 minutes while you get a full build before even remembering there are towers involved in this game.
With the lack of wards, this is so true. Often, you push to the turret, and end up getting in a 1v2 or 1v3 immediately, with no chance of escape. Even then, pushing turrets is usually the least of players worries when you got objectives to cap (especially some of the newer players, who never played TT and only tried it because of the update)

In short: wards were, they still are, and always will be an important part of competitive play.

Akutalji

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soup4 View Post
I agree that teemo is good but I dont feel I should have to play him or shaco if I want sight of the mid area. Also, in ranked there is always the possibility that he will be banned.
No ranked available for TT yet >.>

Soup4

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthruneSkarner View Post
I don't like the idea of lowering the duration to 1 minute. Perhaps there is a better solution?
Maybe keeping the duration of 3 mins but increase the cost to 125 for normal wards and 175 for pink? Or perhaps 100 and 150.

Soup4

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akutalji View Post
No ranked available for TT yet >.>
Pretty sure you can do ranked teams on 3's still. I know you could last night.

Akutalji

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soup4 View Post
Pretty sure you can do ranked teams on 3's still. I know you could last night.
Was there another update after yesterday morning? If so I missed it, and might explain my confusion