Idea for a new champion: The Minion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Merxamers

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileysmiley View Post
Yorick can slow, and is essentially an ult-bot off-tank late game

Spawning minions and having the ad carry kill them in seconds isnt a very good concept to me :S
the point wold be that, right before a team fight, he could summon some minions to use his other abilites on, either exploding them are turning them into temporary super-creeps. Obviously, the idea needs some more thought, but i am ENTIRELY in favor of the concept.

SaintPinHead

10-26-2012

ok sorry I had to leave earlier, but now I'm back. As for the killing of the minions, it could be easily solved by throwing in that now that it knows that the others, are just shells of its self, he feels pity for them, and ends them until another like its self is created. Waiting to beacon them into their new life.

An addition to his q ability that I stated earlier, they could have a slightly increased health as well (somewhere between the current minion health, and a promoted minion.) Since the ability only lasts 30 seconds, I do not see this being OP meaning that Heimer's turrets and Zyra's plants are stationary and would deal more damage than minions following you.

And just thinking of another passive instead of my last, a small amount of damage could be passed down to minions around him.

E- Switch Places: The Minion can switch places with any minion on the field, and increasing its movement and damage reduction by 10% for 5 seconds.

R- Minion Lord: The Minion summons a suicide minion that explodes dealing AOE damage to any enemy within range equal to 200+minion kills+Ap/AD. (Late game this should be up there with other champions if AP/AD is focused)

Lastly there could be a item that he can purchase later that focuses his Melee (AD) or Caster Wand (AP). If not purchased the abilities only apply 1/4 of both of these. The item can not be sold, and gives a boost to Ap or Ap. It could possibly have a side effect, but nothing to powerful.

Thoughts?

SaintPinHead

10-27-2012

bump

Merxamers

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintPinHead View Post
ok sorry I had to leave earlier, but now I'm back. As for the killing of the minions, it could be easily solved by throwing in that now that it knows that the others, are just shells of its self, he feels pity for them, and ends them until another like its self is created. Waiting to beacon them into their new life.

An addition to his q ability that I stated earlier, they could have a slightly increased health as well (somewhere between the current minion health, and a promoted minion.) Since the ability only lasts 30 seconds, I do not see this being OP meaning that Heimer's turrets and Zyra's plants are stationary and would deal more damage than minions following you.

And just thinking of another passive instead of my last, a small amount of damage could be passed down to minions around him.

E- Switch Places: The Minion can switch places with any minion on the field, and increasing its movement and damage reduction by 10% for 5 seconds.

R- Minion Lord: The Minion summons a suicide minion that explodes dealing AOE damage to any enemy within range equal to 200+minion kills+Ap/AD. (Late game this should be up there with other champions if AP/AD is focused)

Lastly there could be a item that he can purchase later that focuses his Melee (AD) or Caster Wand (AP). If not purchased the abilities only apply 1/4 of both of these. The item can not be sold, and gives a boost to Ap or Ap. It could possibly have a side effect, but nothing to powerful.

Thoughts?
i like the idea for the E, as it would give him an escape tool. However, it could also make him the best split pusher in the game (teleport in, E away), so some balance might be needed.

The Ult is a good idea as well; a bit simpler than mine. 8)

TheHat27

10-27-2012

Hi there! I love this idea, and most of the ideas in this thread. I would like to propose my take on it:

The Creep
(Lonely Island reference in the name is a must, come on people how could you not think of this?)

Passive:
The Creep can not attack minions. Minions who are low on health are simply consumed into him, giving him +50/100/150% (rank 0-6/7-12/13-18) their current health. (Even at 150% their health this wouldn't be very much, and would mostly help squishy AP builds because in order to consume them they would have to have only about 300hp or so.)

Q: The Creep either dashes to an area. Upon receiving his E this move changes:
Sword mode: After the dash The Creep does a larch 180 degree sweep with his sword applying on hit effects and causing allied melee minions to focus any enemy champions hit, focusing on the champion with the lowest current health.
Stave mode: The Creep dashes to an area sending out a large skillshot behind it and slowing any enemy hit for 5/10/15/20/25% for 3 seconds, in addition allied mage minions focus on any champion hit by the skillshot (like Caitlyns, but for running)

W: The Creep picks up an enemy minion or low level neutral monster and they begin to float around The Creep for 6/12/18(level1/3/5) seconds. These minions and monsters act as a shield for the duration redirecting all basic damage to the minion/monster until they die. If The Creep's life drops below 20% he absorbs all of the creeps currently circling around him and heals for all of their combined health. This ability stacks up to 1/2/3 (level 1/3/5) times, new additions refresh the duration.

E: Change up! - The Creep changes his weapon from a Sword to a Staff gaining +10% CRD when switching to Stave or +10% attack speed when changing to Sword for the next minute. This effect does not stack and is changed if you switch again within the minute.
Cost 20/30/40/50/60 mana per level

R: The Creep summons a wave of 3/6/9 magic or melee minions too himself, and gains control of all allied minions in the area (small AoE, and controlled like Tibbers, with the alt button) for 30/60/90 seconds giving mage minions +10/20/30 percent of his AP or giving sword minions +10/20/30 percent of his AD throughout the duration.

Hope you like it!

If it's not to much trouble please check out of my champions =D
Toggleswitch, Heimerdinger's hidden apprentice
Orion, the Master Huntsman

TheHat27

10-28-2012

Bump because this thread is awesome.

TheHat27

10-29-2012

Bump for win?

Merxamers

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHat27 View Post

Passive:
The Creep can not attack minions. Minions who are low on health are simply consumed into him, giving him +50/100/150% (rank 0-6/7-12/13-18) their current health. (Even at 150% their health this wouldn't be very much, and would mostly help squishy AP builds because in order to consume them they would have to have only about 300hp or so.)

Q: The Creep either dashes to an area. Upon receiving his E this move changes:
Sword mode: After the dash The Creep does a larch 180 degree sweep with his sword applying on hit effects and causing allied melee minions to focus any enemy champions hit, focusing on the champion with the lowest current health.
Stave mode: The Creep dashes to an area sending out a large skillshot behind it and slowing any enemy hit for 5/10/15/20/25% for 3 seconds, in addition allied mage minions focus on any champion hit by the skillshot (like Caitlyns, but for running)

W: The Creep picks up an enemy minion or low level neutral monster and they begin to float around The Creep for 6/12/18(level1/3/5) seconds. These minions and monsters act as a shield for the duration redirecting all basic damage to the minion/monster until they die. If The Creep's life drops below 20% he absorbs all of the creeps currently circling around him and heals for all of their combined health. This ability stacks up to 1/2/3 (level 1/3/5) times, new additions refresh the duration.

E: Change up! - The Creep changes his weapon from a Sword to a Staff gaining +10% CRD when switching to Stave or +10% attack speed when changing to Sword for the next minute. This effect does not stack and is changed if you switch again within the minute.
Cost 20/30/40/50/60 mana per level

R: The Creep summons a wave of 3/6/9 magic or melee minions too himself, and gains control of all allied minions in the area (small AoE, and controlled like Tibbers, with the alt button) for 30/60/90 seconds giving mage minions +10/20/30 percent of his AP or giving sword minions +10/20/30 percent of his AD throughout the duration.
Good ideas, but it seems like his q would be a little too complex. In 'melee' mode, getting minions to attack the champion would cause your lane to be severely pushed, and the 'ranged' mode would require a dash and THEN a skillshot, which would be even more frustrating to pull off than Viktor's E.

I like the ideas tho!

TheHat27

10-30-2012

For the Q in ranged mode it would be used like a skillshot version of Caitlyns, basically it looks like you are dashing backwards while firing, but for implantation it could simply be a large spell that knocks you back. And for sword mode how about they only focus for a few seconds? Like 3, flat(meaning it doesn't change with level) and the attack itself would be fairly weak, mostly used to harass with minions.

Also, The Creep should get some sort of hidden passive with "Promote" haha.

Lickmybubble

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mico27 View Post
Easy fix: passive: Can't attack minions, gains gold and XP over time
So he would be support? I think this would make for a great support champ. His ult creating a minion wave attacking target champion. His E could promote a champion or creep. His W could be a Heal. His Q could be some sort of attack. I think this would be a great idea!