Idea for a new champion: The Minion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ragazinski

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mico27 View Post
Easy fix: passive: Can't attack minions, gains gold and XP over time
And thus the hardest champion to balance ever was released.

Mico27

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragazinski View Post
And thus the hardest champion to balance ever was released.
Not really, the XP/gold over time would be very minimal which will probably force the champion to jungle.

LoneByrd

10-26-2012

this thread is full of win

smileysmiley

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merxamers View Post
i have had this idea for weeks! i've even thought about the abilities it could have:

Passive: minions within a radius of 'Crispin the Creep Messiah' gain 15 HP (+ some AP %) and 5 Attack

Q: A Mage creep accumalates a charge for a short while and attack the targeted enemy champ for (some AP damage) (same for melee creep, but for AD)

W: Target creep explodes, dealing splash damage and slowing champs within the blast radius

E: Target creep becomes Zealous, gaining stats similar to a 'inhibitor creep' for a short while; Crispin controls this creep

R: Crispin places a marker, where a creep wave immediately spawns. His ability cooldowns (besides his ult) refresh

I was thinking that a champ like this could be an awesome meta changer; he could be the best lane pusher in the game, but have a slight weakness in team fights (until he gets his ult). I think he would be an awesome support; why isn't there already a champion based around creep manipulation?
Other team just clears waves as fast as possible, denying you farm or any chance of harass, also congratulations, youre useless late game

Mico27

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileysmiley View Post
Other team just clears waves as fast as possible, denying you farm or any chance of harass, also congratulations, youre useless late game
So yorick is useless late game?

TimeWhisp

10-26-2012

I feel like this would be too cheesy if done incorrectly. But in all honesty a good implementation of a minion champion would be hilariously awesome. Especially if his ult was something along the lines of summoning other minions.

smileysmiley

10-26-2012

Quote:
So yorick is useless late game?
Yorick can slow, and is essentially an ult-bot off-tank late game

Spawning minions and having the ad carry kill them in seconds isnt a very good concept to me :S

Susskind

10-26-2012

I would say the biggest flaw is that apprentice summoners actually control minions while the much more adept control champions.

Though sometimes it is questionable.

SgtSarros

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

Quote:
Easy fix: passive: Can't attack minions, gains gold and XP over time
No. nononononono. No.

Why no? Simple.

O HAI GUYZ. I iz playing minionz lawls. I'm gonna brb, early gamez is dumb. bb 15 minutes, once i'm level 9, and then start playing.

Or for those people who need proper english, someone who gains xp over time doing nothing is just asking for some moron who hates the early laning phase to just sit in base and gain levels or wait for the game to get to mid-late stage before he starts playing.

Merxamers

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintPinHead View Post
If you stop and look at the super minion it is really only a normal minion on a machine. What I am talking about is a champion. I liked some of the ideas Merxamers had, but would like to see some that make him a champion in his own right. For instance, let's say as a passive: for every 10 minions it kills it gets .5 ap or ad (as if it is absorbing the minions).

I liked the q ability Merxamers had, but that seems like it would be useful only in laning phase. In addition we couldn't have one where he spawned minions because it could be exploited at the towers. So maybe he can have a q where it combines Merxamers' and with the mild boost, the minions will follow The Minion around for 30 seconds, and affects the two closest minions of those type.

Minion swarm is interesting but would only be viable if there were enough minions around, and late game would fail because a single AOE could in turn kill most if not all of them. How about a new ability for it, something for it's weapon. The spiked sword could turn into something of a drill stunning the enemies, and the caster's wand could be something along the lines of AOE damage with a quick blind effect.

But I have to get off so I will cut this short here. Hope to hear more from anyone else.
my thought was that since he's a 'messiah' of the creeps, he shouldn't get a bonus from killing them himself. I also thought that his purpose would be to be a BOSS lane pusher, with abilities based on enhancing the creeps around him. However, these would be useless in jungle team fights (that's why i suggested that ult).

another possible passive could be one where he gains some gold from each creep kill that the creeps around him make, or something like that.

my ideas aren't perfect, of course; besides his W slow, he has no escape from ganks, and some creativity is needed to make him viable in team fights