Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot doesn't care.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LawlerBrawler

10-26-2012

Quote:
Keegstar:
this is 100% more imbalanced. 3s was not that imbalanced. there were many teamcomps, you just had to know how to play. people *****ed about TT imbalance because they didnt//dont know. again. bruisers are not op

Just because they are finally doing something doesn't mean it won't be imbalanced at first. I'm just saying it shows that they care about it as a ranked queue. I wish that lolking had W/L ratios for old TT, because it definitely would have been heavily skewed. That's why something had to be done.

I'm not saying they did the right thing, but the fact that they did something shows that they want to make 3v3 a more accessible and balanced game mode, even though they probably fell short of that in this iteration of it. (Also I think that it still says beta because this is actually intended to be a beta test, and is not the finished product)

EarthruneSkarner

10-26-2012

Quote:
LawlerBrawler:
Just because they are finally doing something doesn't mean it won't be imbalanced at first. I'm just saying it shows that they care about it as a ranked queue. I wish that lolking had W/L ratios for old TT, because it definitely would have been heavily skewed. That's why something had to be done.

I'm not saying they did the right thing, but the fact that they did something shows that they want to make 3v3 a more accessible and balanced game mode, even though they probably fell short of that in this iteration of it. (Also I think that it still says beta because this is actually intended to be a beta test, and is not the finished product)

Riot's Beta tests are more about very final polishing than changing core game mechanics, such as the way altars work, or the need for more speed shrines.

Because MS softcaps early having speedshrines in locations close to the base, such as the fountain and perhaps at each "tribush", helps squishies move better about the map.

Keegstar

10-26-2012

Quote:
LawlerBrawler:

the whole 'beta' thing is a joke. why can we play ranked when it is in beta and you still cant play dominion rank. because dominion is a completely imbalanced game and this 'new' tt is a dominion knock off which will be just as barren as dominion. they took the 3v3 SR feel of TT and made it a 3v3 dominion and the people that think this is a good thing are the people that didnt know how to play TT. while i agree in the past there were times when things were 100% broken, see things like lee sin. but the state of tt was really good right up to the 'change' the only thing that needed! change was the well.

LawlerBrawler

10-26-2012

Quote:
Keegstar:
the whole 'beta' thing is a joke. why can we play ranked when it is in beta and you still cant play dominion rank. because dominion is a completely imbalanced game and this 'new' tt is a dominion knock off which will be just as barren as dominion. they took the 3v3 SR feel of TT and made it a 3v3 dominion and the people that think this is a good thing are the people that didnt know how to play TT. while i agree in the past there were times when things were 100% broken, see things like lee sin. but the state of tt was really good right up to the 'change' the only thing that needed! change was the well.

This is a good point, but it needs context.

The season was scheduled to end before this map was released. In addition to that, this map was specifically planned to be part of the Halloween event. This map is available as a ranked queue right now only because the end of S2 was pushed so far back.

But your point does have validity. Why would they want an unfinished product to replace what they had? They already said that they'd be holding off on a lot of big changes until the end of S2. IMO it shows that Riot does want to improve the overall balance and appeal of TT, but that it's still second rate relative to SR (for example: SR jungle changes being held off for now)

Keegstar

10-26-2012

in the end they dont care about anything but competitive SR. ie what is making them money.

Galgus

10-26-2012

Devs have an idea.

New map replaces the old.

Sad for the fanbase.

Destraega

10-26-2012

Quote:
Nyx87:
THEY GAVE YOU AN ENTIRE MAP OVERHAUL SO THAT IT COULD ACTUALLY BE COMPETITIVE.

dear lord people are so ****ing ignorant, it's amazing.

Holy **** your stupid.

Boagster

10-26-2012

I don't get the name-slinging. The argument broke out about whether or not Riot cares about competitiveness in Twisted Treeline, not whether or not the new map is more competitive. They clearly do care, or they wouldn't have tried to fix it in the first place. They may or may not have succeeded, but that's a matter only time can answer.

I also don't get the comparisons to Dominion. If you are so upset about the game focusing over the altars... THEN STOP FOCUSING ON THEM. I haven't focused on them at all in any of my games, but instead, treated them as the secondary objectives that they are (and encouraged my team to do the same). Like blue, red, dragon or Baron on Summoner's Rift - objectives that you go for when a safe opportunity shows its head. The primary objective is still to destroy turrets, and ultimately attack and destroy the Nexus, something both old and new Twisted Treeline share with Summoner's Rift, but not Dominion. That's what I focus on. And I only have one loss on the new Twisted Treeline because of it.

Strixie

10-26-2012

Quote:
in the end they dont care about anything but competitive SR. ie what is making them money.

Perhaps their overall hidden goal was to get people out of TT, and playing SR.

That or they made a map called dominion, saw nobody liked it and said HEY! Lets do this again, it will be win win. Shall we start anew? Nah, lets just overwrite this other map we have lying around here, nobody will notice.

Quote:
If you are so upset about the game focusing over the altars... THEN STOP FOCUSING ON THEM.

That is the most aweful argument....Let me know how letting the enemy get +10% dmg, and + gold per kill works.
Its like saying "they're probably at baron, but lets not focus on it. Id rather stay here and lane instead. Oh deary me, how ever did we lose?"

Shredzilla

Recruiter

10-26-2012

Quote:
Keegstar:
Lets just say **** it and all go play Borderlands 2 as riot doesn't care about competitive TT.

I agree they have gone full ****** with removing a good map for no reason. They did the same **** when they removed the snow themed summoners rift for no reason.