instalock solution, RIOT please read

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MONSTER ZER0

04-27-2013

This is a LONG post for Riot staff, but players are welcome to put in their two cents.

I've found some problems that have a very simple fix and for some reason they haven't been done yet?

PROBLEM ONE:
autolockers and lag in champion select chat that leads to dysfunction

EXAMPLE:
(the following is an example of a chat log)
NHK DrinkEasy: i'll adc
*yellow text*~Maripro has joined the game
Maripro: ADC
(Maripro has autolocked ashe)
NHK DrinkEasy: Don't autolock... I called it first
Maripro: didn't see you call it noob.
NHK DrinkEasy:___(repeat of chat log)____
Maripro: nice fake moron find another lane
NHK DrinkEasy: it's not a fake you just lagged

DESCRIPTION:
the client lags as 5 players try to connect at the same exact time to another page (and chat) in the client, occasionally causing one player to lag, therefore causing confusing amongst teammates as to whom called what first. Then players who don't know any better autolock, causing anger with the rest of the team.

SOLUTION:
have a 6 second wait time after the whole team has connected to the page (and chat) before the chat and champion select is open to the players. (this includes a timer that counts down from 5 to 0). THUS making sure all players are in fact connected to the chat before one player (who may have lagged and connected after) calls a job they aren't entitled to.

This will put a 6 second wait on champion select and chat after all players have connected, reducing the always hated lag. reducing rage and confusion.

PROBLEM TWO:
instalocking

EXAMPLE:
players have connected to enhanced, fixed, 6second wait chat.
NHK DrinkEasy: mid
(magrider has locked in as karthas)
NHK DrinkEasy: OH COME ON!!!!
magrider: oh sorry, too late.

DESCRIPTION:
the lock feature is put there so player can secure the champion they want, reducing the wait time until the match if every player is locked in. This feature is used by the newer players and less intelligent players to (selfishly) automatically secure the position they want and their teammates can't do anything about it. Completely against the summoners code by not being sportsmans-like and purposefully risking causing frustration in other players.

SOLUTION:
after all players have waited the 6 seconds to call their positions and choose their champions. they have called their positions and chose who they wanted to play. Now they must wait a 10 seconds before locking.

This will decrease the chances of people stealing the positions of others.

None of these fixes will increase the wait time until games, for they will be included in the usual 60second wait time. Since It's no longer normal for both teams to completely lock in at all (let alone the first 16 seconds).

This will dramatically increase the likeliness teams synergize better and lower the possibility of ragers since the prematch is a lot more friendly since nobody has autolocked. YAAAAY LESS RAGERS!!!

easy fix riot, cmon hop to it.

YourBoner

05-11-2013

the fact that there has been these threads since the beginning of lol, should be a wake up call to riot. the thing is, in replacement of instalockers, there can be ppl who afk and be like i pick champ and afk, now you cant do anything about it. not to say that we shouldnt try. just letting these ppl go isnt the solution. action must be taken. but u got it right, any benefits lock in have is heavily overshadowed by its cons. the only time lockin is useful is maybe in rank. but i have experiences when me and another guy gets to pick at the same time and he doesnt say anything while the rest of the team agrees to me picking a role, then he picks my role. and i have having to change roles because of him.

"well geeee why is that bad, you always have to switch roles for ppl anyways". #1. we are all more comfortable with certain roles and perhaps we get tired playing the same roles over and over again. #2. its bad because you are giving malicious players the power to force another innocent player to his whim

its the power dynamics that riot doesnt understand.

Devin

05-11-2013

riot pls

Raid Finder

05-11-2013

A good difference here is that you actually provided something that could easily work and be implemented instead of just "Riot pls fix dis noobs"

KakeManz

05-11-2013

This is all good in theory. But you forgot one type of person. I call it, the trollolocker.

This is the one that, you call something, select your champ, your team seems to fall in line. So you lock in, then one guy immediately changes to what you've picked or what another teammate has picked and locks.

That one, is something that also applies to ranked and draft pick, whereas instalocking isn't as big of a deal since it's 1-2 at a time anyways.

What would solve this? A kick button. Something much similar to the surrender vote, where the majority votes to have this toxic player removed from their queue. All it would simply do is put everyone back into queue, and not match them with that same person. I don't think there should be any punishment beyond being put back into queue, because some people are just legitimately stupid, and not trying to piss people off. This would also help remove the players that you could see to be problematic from the champ select, like that guy who decides he's the team leader, and then unravels his masterfully stupid plan, and if you don't fall in line, he won't cooperate with anyone.

shadowdemon5x5

06-22-2013

I have an idea. lets just FRICKEN REMOVE THE ENTIRE LOCK IN SYSTEM?

Troy L Jenkins

06-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowdemon5x5 View Post
I have an idea. lets just FRICKEN REMOVE THE ENTIRE LOCK IN SYSTEM?
not sure how that would work.

DuskSC2

06-23-2013

OP is asking for the "simple change" that would require recoding the entire champion select section of the game for something that still wont fix many of the problems associated with it. If you want a suggestion to be taken seriously it needs to be purely graphical, or address all the issues of champion select.

Pyromaniacks

06-25-2013

I am new to the game but honestly there should just be a role selection queue. I can check off that I want to play adc support mid top bot ext or that I just want mid because really when I queue for a game wanting to play x I WILL PLAY X no matter what. Some people are picky and if this is a problem to you you should queue as a group and only as a full group or quit complaining. Ranked queues without a full group don't make sense to me. Random queues are for screwing around.

SanKakU

06-25-2013

i guess that explains why a guy typed 'BOT' three times, as if i didn't see his message the first 2 times. for all i know, he typed it four times, hahaha.