Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Constructive Criticism Regarding New TT

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VIOLENTxSHINOBI

10-26-2012

How about we get some feedback on our criticism? I mean, there have been pages of well worded, well thought out posts detailing our issues and concerns with the new map.

So how about giving a little back on that, please?

The general consensus I am reading on here is the alters are unwanted and could and should be replaced with a monster that grants a buff. The alters are an unnecessary change that is only making people upset. So, are you going to keep them or not? This is relevant to my interests.

Thanks.

VIOLENTxSHINOBI

10-26-2012

****ing bump for anger

Zauper

10-26-2012

There are a lot of angry threads (like yours!) but I haven't seen any evidence of a 'general consensus'.

Vocal section of the playerbase, perhaps?

Nyx87

10-26-2012

Quote:
VIOLENTxSHINOBI:
How about we get some feedback on our criticism? I mean, there have been pages of well worded, well thought out posts detailing our issues and concerns with the new map.

So how about giving a little back on that, please?

The general consensus I am reading on here is the alters are unwanted and could and should be replaced with a monster that grants a buff. The alters are an unnecessary change that is only making people upset. So, are you going to keep them or not? This is relevant to my interests.

Thanks.

Please explain the difference between a monster that you kill for a buff and a shrine that you control for that very same buff. Either way, it presents an objective that each team will react to in order to control it based on timings.

Ferr3t

10-26-2012

I would also add that having the altars rather than monster buffs -drastically- alters gameplay in a really fun way. There isn't a general consensus because there are, in fact, a lot of people who enjoy the altars. Frankly I haven't played with anyone in the past few days who's been against it.

Goggris

10-26-2012

Quote:
Butternubs:
having the altars rather than monster buffs -drastically- alters gameplay

I see what you did there.

Keegstar

10-26-2012

they wont talk about it because they know this map is bad on all fronts just like dominion. there is a reason they avoid their failures and its because they dont want to recognize that they did and do in fact fail, hard.

VIOLENTxSHINOBI

10-26-2012

Quote:
Nyx87:
Please explain the difference between a monster that you kill for a buff and a shrine that you control for that very same buff. Either way, it presents an objective that each team will react to in order to control it based on timings.

My point exactly. There is no real big difference aside from the damage the monster does to the person who first initiates the damage on it (this can be very important early on and does not matter after about 15 minutes). So, that being said why not just return the monsters if there is no huge difference. The alters are causing a lot of unneeded QQ if they could just be replaced with monsters.

And yes, the vocal majority is just another way of saying the majority while discounting them. If a person does not speak their mind on a matter, that is their problem and well I won't assume there is more evidence than presented. However I can safely say I have seen far more complaints than praise for the altars.