Constructive Criticism Regarding New TT

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VIOLENTxSHINOBI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-26-2012

How about we get some feedback on our criticism? I mean, there have been pages of well worded, well thought out posts detailing our issues and concerns with the new map.

So how about giving a little back on that, please?

The general consensus I am reading on here is the alters are unwanted and could and should be replaced with a monster that grants a buff. The alters are an unnecessary change that is only making people upset. So, are you going to keep them or not? This is relevant to my interests.

Thanks.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VIOLENTxSHINOBI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-26-2012

****ing bump for anger


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zauper

Member

10-26-2012

There are a lot of angry threads (like yours!) but I haven't seen any evidence of a 'general consensus'.

Vocal section of the playerbase, perhaps?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIOLENTxSHINOBI View Post
How about we get some feedback on our criticism? I mean, there have been pages of well worded, well thought out posts detailing our issues and concerns with the new map.

So how about giving a little back on that, please?

The general consensus I am reading on here is the alters are unwanted and could and should be replaced with a monster that grants a buff. The alters are an unnecessary change that is only making people upset. So, are you going to keep them or not? This is relevant to my interests.

Thanks.
Please explain the difference between a monster that you kill for a buff and a shrine that you control for that very same buff. Either way, it presents an objective that each team will react to in order to control it based on timings.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ferr3t

Senior Member

10-26-2012

I would also add that having the altars rather than monster buffs -drastically- alters gameplay in a really fun way. There isn't a general consensus because there are, in fact, a lot of people who enjoy the altars. Frankly I haven't played with anyone in the past few days who's been against it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Goggris

Senior Member

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butternubs View Post
having the altars rather than monster buffs -drastically- alters gameplay
I see what you did there.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Keegstar

Member

10-26-2012

they wont talk about it because they know this map is bad on all fronts just like dominion. there is a reason they avoid their failures and its because they dont want to recognize that they did and do in fact fail, hard.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VIOLENTxSHINOBI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyx87 View Post
Please explain the difference between a monster that you kill for a buff and a shrine that you control for that very same buff. Either way, it presents an objective that each team will react to in order to control it based on timings.
My point exactly. There is no real big difference aside from the damage the monster does to the person who first initiates the damage on it (this can be very important early on and does not matter after about 15 minutes). So, that being said why not just return the monsters if there is no huge difference. The alters are causing a lot of unneeded QQ if they could just be replaced with monsters.

And yes, the vocal majority is just another way of saying the majority while discounting them. If a person does not speak their mind on a matter, that is their problem and well I won't assume there is more evidence than presented. However I can safely say I have seen far more complaints than praise for the altars.