Change in requirement for champion swaps

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hellblaue

02-10-2013

I do not think that you should be required for the other player to own the champ for you to do a swap, (in ranked specifically at least) so if this doesn't get changed in the normal environment that is fine.

...But I know you will stay "that's stupid", "stop trolling troll", "dumb", "would never work" etc.

However, all you would need is to have two slots of champs you would pick, one slot you would pick and it would hold the champion that you want to swap, and the second would be the champion that you own and select to play or would contain the random champion select button.

So to give you a quick example: Player 1 wants zyra, player 4 wants alistar, player 1 owns zyra but player 4 does not. So player 1 selects alistar for their trade window and puts in their main window zyra, players 2 and 3 pick, player 4 then selects zyra for their trade window and alistar (which would be automated so there actually would not be any button pressing) for their main window,. (Note: these windows will only appear if you select trade with player "X" button, which would need to be avaliable before picks are finalized) What would happen is after picks finish the trade would automatically happen. If both players own a champion the system would be the exact same process. You would need to highlight or separate trade-able vs. owned champions in the UI but that should not be that much work.

Now, if someone selects zyra before player 4 is able to select zyra, a message would appear to player 1, asking them to select a new champion for the trade. Obviously when player 4's turn activates he would then select a new champion for player 1 based on discussion in team chat, if he is afk it will randomly slecect a champion for the trade slot. Just the same as if some is afk after a player picks a character to trade with at the current time.

In summation, this change would allow players that own champions to not be penalized based on their elo, or now based on their bracket. I do not know the correlation between number of champions owned and ladder/elo position, but I would put money that there is some evidence. However, my point is there should be 0 advantage and this would greatly change that aspect to being very close to 0.

-Hellblaue

P.S I have no clue what forum this belongs in. Sorry

Hellblaue

04-14-2013

Looking for a Riot response, this needs to be changed asap. The more I play the more I realize what a major problem this is.

travisHAZE

04-14-2013

orrrrrrrrr they want you to buy champions.

OkaMoez

04-14-2013

I agree this could be a money issue, but the OP's idea for implementation is pretty much just allowing players to trade pick order directly with each other.

-> Less incentive to own all champions. (spend money)
vs
-> Players ability to avoid being countered becoming non-random/easy.

I'm also not sure, but I thought that the highest ranked player is given the first pick/ability to ban. So Riot may have intended to do that to make it harder for them to play without a counter.

Hellblaue

04-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisHAZE View Post
orrrrrrrrr they want you to buy champions.
You cant play champs you dont own.... again, you are just selecting a champ which will get traded to them automatically out of THEIR champion pool that THEY ALREADY own.

Hellblaue

04-16-2013

Any response plz?

Hellblaue

04-17-2013

bump

Hellblaue

04-28-2013

Bolraguard

04-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellblaue View Post
Looking for a Riot response, this needs to be changed asap. The more I play the more I realize what a major problem this is.
The problem is more with people saying, "Take _____ and i'll trade you for them" - and then they never trade forceing the other player into a role they didnt want.

I never trade with anyone anymore.