Tips for new TT.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ravenluck

10-26-2012

So I didn't see anything but complaining on the first page I thought it would be good to at least start a small post about how to play well on the new TT and to clear up some mistakes I see a lot of people still making even after there first few games.

First lets start with how alters work, since this alone I have lost games over this misunderstanding and won games people people on the other team didn't get it.
Alters start neutral as too gray boxes.
They turn in blue circles when your team holds them and turn to red hexagons when your enemy holds them.
If there is a X over either shape the alter can not be captured.
You stand on the alter to capture it, everyone on the alter on the time of capture is given 80 gold.
Once unlocked you can not re-lock your own alter (Blue circle) you can only fight over enemy alters(red hexagons) and capture them.
The bonus for holding one alter is extra gold for a last hit, if you hold both alters you get an extra damage boost.

Other things to think about.
The CD on revive is so short that someone can revive three or four times in the beginning of the match before the alters even unlock. This means that if you run in and ace you'll likely have to ace two or three times without going back to base before the alters unlock, I suggest you don't start the team fight until the 60 second timer is announced outside of maybe a few pokes.

Everyone complains about teemo's ability to give map awareness being over powered, but a large amount of champions can get map awareness through skills, most of these champions are even better cut out then teemo who is a squishy waiting to be killed most the game.

The summoner spell clairvoyance has great utility on this map and having one person take it can be a life saver as you can spot things on the map and the area affected is almost as large as an entire side of the jungle if case on the alter.

The new lantern Item reveals invisible units such as teemo and teemo shrooms, shaco and jack-in-the-boxes making it a great item and a good reason to have someone clearing jungle and helping lanes.

A jungler through not set in stone as part of the meta is a good idea, it gives a person who has sight of your side of the map constantly moving, that can protect the alter or warn that it needs to be protected also a good jungler can keep up on exp and gold close to what a solo lane might earn.

I'll add more as I think of things, but its only through a list of things like this that we well form a good meta for the map. So do you guys have any good tips ?

I'm pretty much a noob at this game. So don't take this as me giving you for information because I know better, but instead as me asking you for information while trading a few things I have noticed about the mode.

Ravenluck

10-26-2012

I guess after an hour I can bump with some questions, that I am not sure about.
Smite is it need to jungle or not, though a jungler is something I suggest you clearly can't have one every game if your team won't support the Idea. I find that when I have been able to jungle that as long as your playing someone who is normally in the jungle, skarnar, udyr, WW, ect. that you don't really need it and I haven't really got to test the clear times.
Stealing vilemaw seems a little impractical, but possible if team ever actually fight over it that is.

How about Ashe? anyone have any luck with her yet? she can give vision, get extra gold on top of the alter bonus and can normally out run or juke a tank. Sure if you run in and get jumped on your dead, but that doesn't seem any different from a SR game for me trying to play her.

It seems to me a good team set up might be a CC heavy champ (amumu for example.) A tanky dps that can deal great damage( Jax for example.) and a have AoE character (lux for example), since most teams stand very close together.

Speaking of team standing close together how about tiamat ? I was having good luck with it every so often on TT building it when teams seemed to stand in a cluster all the time, mainly as a quick early game build with a bruiser EZ ( the Tia-Tri tank) Or if I wasn't using a uncommon build I'd through it in with trundle or malph.

Keegstar

10-26-2012

tips! pick Teemo and 2 bruisers! WIN! if you lose with teemo quit the game. he is 100% op

Ravenluck

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keegstar View Post
tips! pick Teemo and 2 bruisers! WIN! if you lose with teemo quit the game. he is 100% op

Thank you that was very informative... I've not lost a game, just because of a teemo so I guess I can't understand how this works, he has counters on the map just like everyone else... Pick nid place a trap... when teemo walks into a bush to shroom you get vision, team mates kill him you move on, soon teemo is free feed just like he was on old TT. Teemo winning ? oops lantern shows mushrooms easy clear with no gold lost, actually if I recall teemo shrooms give gold.( don't quote me on that I'm a noob after all.

Joe Krake

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenluck View Post

Everyone complains about teemo's ability to give map awareness being over powered, but a large amount of champions can get map awareness through skills, most of these champions are even better cut out then teemo who is a squishy waiting to be killed most the game.

The summoner spell clairvoyance has great utility on this map and having one person take it can be a life saver as you can spot things on the map and the area affected is almost as large as an entire side of the jungle if case on the alter.

The new lantern Item reveals invisible units such as teemo and teemo shrooms, shaco and jack-in-the-boxes making it a great item and a good reason to have someone clearing jungle and helping lanes.

Teemos really good because with those two bruisers they can take control of the jungle real easy. The start from one end and teemo works his way up through the jungle laying mushrooms while his two bruisers baby sit him and he can book it to safety. And some bruisers like Volibear or udyr can also make a get-a-way real quick with their abilities.

you can use clairvoyence, but then you're forcing someone (or 2 people) to sacrifice a summoner spell to use another summoner spell that won't gel well with their champion.

you can get an active item but those have a cool down and you have to buy them and they need to be in close range to use. So notonly do you have to use it close range there actually has to be something there. That way you have to go real up close to a bush/area hope there's something there and praying the enemy isn't there either (such as rengar) and hope when you use the item that something is there.

Lets also not forget that the enemy team will no where you are this whole time because you're beating up their mushroom/trap whatever.

DrenRawr

10-26-2012

Drop flash, get ghost.

Get boots of swiftness.

No, this is not a troll suggestion..mobility owns face on this map.

Ravenluck

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxZombieBitsxx View Post
Drop flash, get ghost.

Get boots of swiftness.

No, this is not a troll suggestion..mobility owns face on this map.
I would believe that this is likely true, since their isn't much to flash over anymore. But I well have to try it to see for myself, probably try it with hecarim, since I normally do this with him anyway.

As for teemo, I can already name team comps that can give map awareness. it seems to me that most people telling me teemo is op are acting like the enemy team is on even ground at all times? So jax, tryn, nid. Nid give trap map awareness, jax and tryn well use the teemo for flat feed just like old TT and the two brusiers are now down a player and facing a fed jax and tryn on TT... well it work every game at every skill level, no and neither well teemo and two bruisers if your team can work around them.

onechange

10-26-2012

I think the biggest advice I can give is to not try and contest a point. It is *very* difficult to stop a capture after the enemy starts it. Most of the time you are going to lose the altar unless you can burst them down very quickly.

The altars are not a primary objective. Like SR, farming is very important. A lot of the games Ive played, my enemies had half my cs and got dominated. I also see a lot of people not trying to kill towers, towers are VERY easy to kill and should be pushed in when possible. Creeps can kill towers easily while you gank/jungle.

Vilemaw is not like baron, she hurts a lot, does aoe damage to your team, she hurts melee a lot. Its not worth doing vilemaw if the enemy is MIA, if they are all dead go for it only if you're healthy.

Ravenluck

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by onechange View Post
I think the biggest advice I can give is to not try and contest a point. It is *very* difficult to stop a capture after the enemy starts it. Most of the time you are going to lose the altar unless you can burst them down very quickly.

The altars are not a primary objective. Like SR, farming is very important. A lot of the games Ive played, my enemies had half my cs and got dominated. I also see a lot of people not trying to kill towers, towers are VERY easy to kill and should be pushed in when possible. Creeps can kill towers easily while you gank/jungle.

Vilemaw is not like baron, she hurts a lot, does aoe damage to your team, she hurts melee a lot. Its not worth doing vilemaw if the enemy is MIA, if they are all dead go for it only if you're healthy.
I noticed this big time last game, actually thinking it over it might not be worth holding alters if you are losing and the enemy are only trying to gank. In hinds sight if in my last game we'd just sat in lane while the other three ran around trying to gank we could have pulled ahead with there poor cs. ( at least it was poor until we got over ran.) You have to try to balance it so that if you capture a alter your going to earn +80 extra gold for everyone on your team or you are basically giving the enemy free global gold.

Raging Inferno

10-26-2012

People who played TT: Hate new map
People who didn't play TT: Love the new map
Solution: Make two separate maps!