Late game comebacks possible?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Axiom Smaxiom

10-26-2012

I've played maybe 6 games so far in the new TT and in every one the first team to down a base tower or inhibitor has won.

I understand the need to remove turtling, but it seems that once games reach a certain point on the map, your toast and are just playing for pride at that point..

Anyone seen in late game comebacks yet?

TCWA Tigerbite

10-26-2012

I've only played 1 game on the new TT map (Only played a handful on the old map).

My team consisted of Ashe/Singed/Karthus. The other team consisted of Kat/Jayce/Xin.

We lost 1 bottom tower. Then they lost 2 top towers. They then took out both top towers and our inhibitor. We then took out there top inhibitor and 1 bot tower and damaged their nexus but wasn't able to kill it off.

They then managed to destroy everything we had, I spawned with 2 of them attacking our nexus, arrowed them (I was ashe), flashed over the wall instead of walking around, killed them both (Jayce/kat). We then took the rest of their bot out, by this time Xin was hitting our nexus like OHHH NOOO. Luckily I had 3 IEs, a Sanguine Blade, and a PD. So I took their nexus out in 2 seconds.

So. Is that a comeback? ;D

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

Played a 40 minutes game yesterday, wish i had the replay, overall we were facestomping them until my team got altar crazed and the enemy sneaked 3 vilemaws i think, then amde their comeback. it was a pretty close game till that though. so yes may be rare but it's possible.

WrathgarWarlord

10-26-2012

Every game I've played I've either been steamrolled or steamrolled the other team. Most of the time the game has been decided by 5-7 mins in. There is little to no reason to go for the spider as the buff it gives is short lived and does little to help. This has at least been my experience.

Desocupado

10-26-2012

We were winning, Elyse, Nid and Xin, but lost due an ace at the Vilemaw we lost to Singed+Ez+Rengar.

Was a good game tough

Axiom Smaxiom

10-26-2012

Ya thats awesome. I'm glad to hear its possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCWA Tigerbite View Post
I've only played 1 game on the new TT map (Only played a handful on the old map).

My team consisted of Ashe/Singed/Karthus. The other team consisted of Kat/Jayce/Xin.

We lost 1 bottom tower. Then they lost 2 top towers. They then took out both top towers and our inhibitor. We then took out there top inhibitor and 1 bot tower and damaged their nexus but wasn't able to kill it off.

They then managed to destroy everything we had, I spawned with 2 of them attacking our nexus, arrowed them (I was ashe), flashed over the wall instead of walking around, killed them both (Jayce/kat). We then took the rest of their bot out, by this time Xin was hitting our nexus like OHHH NOOO. Luckily I had 3 IEs, a Sanguine Blade, and a PD. So I took their nexus out in 2 seconds.

So. Is that a comeback? ;D

TCWA Tigerbite

10-26-2012

That was a 45+ minute game. Do most games last that long? The description says like 20-25 minutes or something. Not 45 minute+!!! I was kind of upset with how long the game lasted (I'm a dom player, so I'm used to 15-20 minutes games.) I might play TT more often if it only lasted like 20-30 minutes, but not 45!! =x

Ragnarokio

10-26-2012

The longest game I've played so far has been around 30 minutes, I think. Most of them are surrenders between 15 and 25.

WillWW

10-26-2012

I played one last night where I was heimer with riven and teemo. We were doing great and had all turrets and inhibitors down . Teemo and I went to kill vilemaw while they had 20 secs left. We killed it but died, and they went and took out the inner turrets and nexus and won. Lol.

Showalter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

Yea, comebacks aren't too hard to pull off here. I feel like the death timers get really long, really quickly, so if you catch the winning team and get an ace after like 20-25 minutes you can push most towers down and probably win. Just lost a game I was winning because my team got caught out of position and had 50 second death timers. They were able to push both sides and get both inhibs and win before we were up.