Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Plays like Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DemolitionDean

10-26-2012

A lot of threads against the new TT recently have been saying the Altars make Twisted Treeline feel like dominion, which they don't like. My response to this is, when is the last time you even played dominion. I had a few friends that played dominion almost exclusively for a period of time so I've experienced a lot of the meta and strategies associated with higher levels of play on dominion and the new TT feel NOTHING like how dominion plays. I honestly wonder what the basis is for these statements.
The new Twisted treeline plays A LOT more like the old one than it does dominion.

NoobFalcon

10-26-2012

They like to pretend the altars are more of a focus than they really are. Sure, it's good to have them, but it's not worth losing a tower, and if you go for them you're losing out on farm.

Goggris

10-26-2012

Quote:
DemolitionDean:
A lot of threads against the new TT recently have been saying the Altars make Twisted Treeline feel like dominion, which they don't like. My response to this is, when is the last time you even played dominion. I had a few friends that played dominion almost exclusively for a period of time so I've experienced a lot of the meta and strategies associated with higher levels of play on dominion and the new TT feel NOTHING like how dominion plays. I honestly wonder what the basis is for these statements.
The new Twisted treeline plays A LOT more like the old one than it does dominion.

Yep. Hyperbolic overreaction. The flow of the game and the objectives feel nothing like dominion. The only similarity is that the buff altars are circles, and dominions capture points are circles. The real problem here is that people HATE change, and will often need to be brought kicking and screaming into the future.

I've played a ton of games on PBE and live now, and it honestly feels extremely similar to the old map. Anyone who says it plays like dominion is kidding themselves.